Inside Hoops forum

Inside Hoops forum

Postby havoc33 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:17 am

Anyone know how to become a member at the Inside Hoops forum? I was quite active there 4-5 years ago, then I didn't post for a while and my account became terminated. I tried registering again about a month ago, but for some strange reason, the admin has not activated my account, so I can't post yet. I can also see that they now closed registrations at the site. Would it be possible to get an invite to the forum, or doesn't it work like that?

I've been reading some topics there, and the unjust Kobe bashing is beyond belief. Some of it is too ridiculous to even respond to, but sometimes these so-called "experts" in there are actually posting [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] that is so biased that I really feel the urge to put them in their place.

Like now, there's a thread where they are comparing Kobe to Jordan at age 34, and one of these fools are acting like it's completely ridiculous to even compare, which of course it is not. Furthermore, calling Kobe a chucker now, while MJ actually averaged 23 shots per game in 98, is of course total hypocrisy. The idiot further goes on to state that MJ's relatively poor shooting percantage that season was due to the hand injury he sustained, and that MJ should have massive props for pulling the weight while Pippen was injured. Of course he is totally overlooking the fact that the main reason MJ struggled at the beginning of the season was because of the absence of Pippen, the injury had nothing to do with it. I watched every Bulls game in 98, and it is pretty fair to say that MJ, had lost quite a bit since his heyday. MJ was no longer a great defensive player, much like Kobe now. And his effectiveness in 98 was actually far below Kobe at this moment. If you are gonna be fair, you should actually compare to Jordan's 97 season, Kobe will more or less post equal numbers.

It just pisses me off that some of the young people don't have a clue as to what really went on during the championship years of the Bulls in the last threepeat, and the few that actually do, and the old ones that should know seem to have forgotten the more average parts of Jordan's game back then. (or paint the picture way more rosy than it ever was). Kobe in many ways do not seem to get a fair shaft by the average fan, which is mind boggling IMO, we are watching a top 10 (arguably top 5) alltime in his last few years here.
havoc33

Re: Inside Hoops forum

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:49 am

It takes a day after registering at ISH.
Kobe8Fan

Re: Inside Hoops forum

Postby havoc33 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:42 am

No, I still don't have any posting privileges.. and it's been a month now.
havoc33

Return to NBA Discussion