Iverson Declines D-League Offer, Admits Actions Ended Career

Re: Iverson Declines D-League Offer, Admits Actions Ended Career

Postby MadMax on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:24 am

Allen Iverson ‏@alleniverson

I realize my actions contributed to my early departure from the NBA, should God provide me another opportunity I will give it my all

Even if there was a god, I'd hope that a god would take care of far more pressing matters than whether or not you can play in the NBA again. What a selfish thought to even have.
MadMax

Postby LALShowtime on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:32 am

sad it has come to this,

i remember at one point iverson single handily carried the sixers all the way to the finals and single handily gave thw lakers their only loss in the play-offs that year in game 1.

but once you burn some bridges you can't fix them, i heard too many stories of how A.I would be gambling till 5-6 am in the morning, skipping practice and team doing nothing cuz he'd drop 30 out there easily. But eventually that will get under a team/coach's skin especially as age catches up and your production deteriorates.

one of the greatest athletes of our time though, i went to school around his area and if he didn't make the nba he would have been in the nfl for sure. Better high school prospect than Vick as a QB, they played him on defense one year and he broke the school record with like 6 interceptions in a game.
LALShowtime

Postby keyindabox on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:19 pm

So unfortunate, dude was my idol as a kid. Had the jersey, kicks, headbands, all that. :disagree: AI
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Postby Snake Eyes on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Couldn't he join the D-League team and work his way up? I am sure teams want to see how he acts. Perhaps he would have a role on a team next season, if he paid his dues by accepting the D-League contract. Then again, he is 37 years old. I am sure he isn't as fast as he used to be. Maybe he knows he'd be done by next year.
Snake Eyes

Postby Maluco Beleza on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:37 pm

keyindabox wrote:So unfortunate, dude was my idol as a kid. Had the jersey, kicks, headbands, all that. :disagree: AI

kobe was better
Maluco Beleza

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion