James Harden Plans To Recruit Free Agents For Rockets

James Harden Plans To Recruit Free Agents For Rockets

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat May 04, 2013 12:52 pm

James Harden plans to be an active member of the Houston Rockets' recruiting efforts this summer.

"Hell, yeah," Harden said. "There's a lot of good options out there."

Asked specifically about Dwight Howard, Harden broke into a smile and added: "Maybe. Possibly."

The Rockets will have max-level cap space to utilize this summer.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/st ... on-rockets
Kobe8Fan

Re: James Harden Plans To Recruit Free Agents For Rockets

Postby abeer3 on Sat May 04, 2013 3:32 pm

al Jefferson will be an interesting addition there.
abeer3

Postby Doc Brown on Sat May 04, 2013 3:39 pm

My money is on Millsap signing there. They need a PF and Millsap would be a huge steal.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby trodgers on Sat May 04, 2013 8:20 pm

Can't stand him.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby dj vitus on Sat May 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Heh, how about Jefferson AND Millsap? If they decline Garcia's option, they'll have about $25M in spending cash.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Doc Brown on Sat May 04, 2013 8:28 pm

dj vitus wrote:Heh, how about Jefferson AND Millsap? If they decline Garcia's option, they'll have about $25M in spending cash.

They have 40 million in guaranteed deals on 7 players. Where is this 25 million coming from?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby dj vitus on Sat May 04, 2013 8:59 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
dj vitus wrote:Heh, how about Jefferson AND Millsap? If they decline Garcia's option, they'll have about $25M in spending cash.

They have 40 million in guaranteed deals on 7 players. Where is this 25 million coming from?

Hmm, let me see if I can copy and paste some numbers:

$13,668,750 - Harden
$5,225,000 - Asik
$5,225,000 - Lin
$3,526,440 - T-Rob
$3,000,000 - Delfino (assuming they exercise his TO)
$1,719,480 - White
$1,551,840 - Jones
$1,422,720 - Montezuma or whatever his name is
$926,500 - Parsons (exercise his TO also)

I got about $36M total, and the salary cap is about $60M right? Okay wait, just checked; it's $58M. Hmm, so about $21M-$22M under the cap, couple mill off, but I guess they can also move someone like T-Rob for a pick.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Doc Brown on Sat May 04, 2013 9:06 pm

I don't think that's right.....

Asik - 8.4 million
Lin - 8.4 million
Harden - 13.7 million
Robinson - 3.5 million
White - 1.7 million
Jones - 1.6 million
Donatas - 1.4 million
Parsons - 900k

http://www.hoopsworld.com/houston-rockets-team-salary
Doc Brown

Postby dj vitus on Sat May 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Nevermind, you are right. I forgot the backloaded contracts of Asik and Lin have to be their average salaries of $8.4 mil every year, not $5.2. Maaah bad!

That said, $16M-$18M is still pretty good. I wonder how much either Jefferson or Millsap would command.
dj vitus

Postby ramsay13 on Sat May 04, 2013 9:19 pm

Jefferson and Millsap are weak, they pick them up they can just see a first round exit every year they play in the playoffs.
ramsay13

Postby abeer3 on Sun May 05, 2013 7:13 am

trodgers wrote:Can't stand him.

yeah, me too. hate the way he plays, hate his attitude. he's not as good as he thinks. nice series, btw. lol.

as for the millsap/Jefferson discussion, I don't see Utah letting millsap go. they have favors and kanter, who are really both cs (or pf/c at best), and millsap is a true 4 (albeit a bit undersized). plus, he's a fan and organization favorite. I see them offering him the full 5 years at a number that makes it total out to more than the max from another team (over 4 years). I don't see them keeping Jefferson, though. that doesn't rule out a s&t, though, which puts several teams in play.

btw, I was joking: I don't see Jefferson as a great fit in Houston. millsap would be better, but I don't see if happening. josh smith should be a target of theirs (after howard and paul, obviously). he'd fit in with what they do, save for the three point shooting, and Atlanta may be tired enough of him to let him walk for nothing (though, again, s&t there might make some sense).

bigger picture: if howard and paul stay put, there could be a lot of sadness for all these cap space hoarding teams. many of the teams who own bird rights to the top FAs aren't capped out, and thus have to consider the logic of letting an asset walk versus slightly overpaying him.
abeer3

Return to NBA Discussion