Javaris Crittenton indicted on murder charges

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:03 pm

I guarantee you he was still "hanging with the homies" he grew up with in LA. :disagree: I remember his mom living with him his rookie season in LA. Thought he was a good kid. No sympathy for him whatsoever.
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
User avatar
CarolinaLakerFan

 
Posts: 1048
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:49 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Wow this just insane.

I was in the camp of bring back javaris to the lakers. Now I am ashamed this clown ever wore a purple and gold jersey.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou


]
User avatar
strikemode14
Forum Manager
 
Posts: 22101
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 5:04 pm
Location: savannah

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby kenzo on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:40 pm

This is insane, what an idiot. I never wanted him on the Lakers and i was right. Hope that family and kids of the victim will be ok... (4 kids at the age of 22, damn).
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5971
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby KB24 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:29 pm

:man4:

when I saw this yesterday, I couldn't believe me eyes..

wasted talent in basketball is one thing but wasting your life another...thats crazy. Even as a scrub you can make a pretty good life with minimum contracts...
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55547
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby GNC on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:55 pm

What a ******* idiot. :disagree:

Thoughts & prayers with the family
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16402
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby trodgers on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:51 am

Read this yesterday, and was pretty much blown away. Disgusting shame that an innocent was killed, but I still hope Crittenton wasn't responsible.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46533
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby vtandon on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:04 pm

:disagree:
User avatar
vtandon

 
Posts: 619
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:50 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby venky on Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:38 pm

“This is crazy. Trouble continues to follow me for some reason. I put my trust in God,” Crittenton tweeted around 9:00 p.m. EST on Friday.

“Say hello to the bad guy! They say I’m a bad guy. They say a lot about me let me tell you what I aint! 2 Words-LOYAL & REAL. HATERS MOTIVATE ME…nuff said”

I want to believe, I really want to believe. Let's see what happens.
Image
venky

 
Posts: 2126
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby trodgers on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:28 pm

Anyone who would tweet "Say hello to the bad guy..." and "I'm LOYAL and REAL" after being sought in connection with a murder doesn't exactly have his head screwed on right.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46533
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby venky on Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:42 pm

lakerswiz wrote:If he is innocent and is aware of what's going on, why not turn himself in?

Maybe he's talking with a lawyer first, and is planning on it.
Image
venky

 
Posts: 2126
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby Rooscooter on Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:08 pm

What's to talk about? It's a murder warrant....the sooner you go in the better. Each day avoiding this type of warrant is not good.....and that's what his attorney would tell him....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22930
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby Weezy on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:09 pm

I won this guy's rookie card in a CL contest back when he was drafted, I chose it instead of Bynum's or Farmar's rookie card. I really had high hopes for him after seeing some of what he could do in preseason and felt he could be a PG of the future for us, glad I'm not the GM, man he has fallen. I wonder if his rookie card will have any added value for him turning out to be one of the worst criminals ever in the league. :man10:
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby Rooscooter on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:40 pm

lakerswiz wrote:^ I bought an autographed picture of him online for like $15 when we first drafted him. I'm fairly sure me getting some sort of memorabilia from a Laker just ensures they leave.


Can you get a Luke Walton autographed picture? :man12:
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22930
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby purp n gold on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:13 am

but...but.. but he ran the triangle in high school!
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
User avatar
purp n gold

 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:39 am

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby davriver290 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:29 am

When your in deep stuff like this guy is in, the last thing you wanna tweet is your thoughts and put them in ghetto terms. "Say hello to the bad guy! They say I’m a bad guy. They say a lot about me let me tell you what I aint! 2 Words-LOYAL & REAL. HATERS MOTIVATE ME…nuff said"

Really Javaris? This is how you talk?
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
User avatar
davriver290

 
Posts: 5711
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:14 pm

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby Juronimo on Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:55 am

davriver290 wrote:When your in deep stuff like this guy is in, the last thing you wanna tweet is your thoughts and put them in ghetto terms. "Say hello to the bad guy! They say I’m a bad guy. They say a lot about me let me tell you what I aint! 2 Words-LOYAL & REAL. HATERS MOTIVATE ME…nuff said"

Really Javaris? This is how you talk?


That statement is a WTF statement if I've ever read one. He doesn't have anyone around him telling him otherwise? Dude, wow. :disagree:
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6597
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby trodgers on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:15 pm

Weezy wrote:I won this guy's rookie card in a CL contest back when he was drafted, I chose it instead of Bynum's or Farmar's rookie card. I really had high hopes for him after seeing some of what he could do in preseason and felt he could be a PG of the future for us, glad I'm not the GM, man he has fallen. I wonder if his rookie card will have any added value for him turning out to be one of the worst criminals ever in the league. :man10:

I won Bynum's! :man10:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46533
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby KB24 on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:48 pm

trodgers wrote:Anyone who would tweet "Say hello to the bad guy..." and "I'm LOYAL and REAL" after being sought in connection with a murder doesn't exactly have his head screwed on right.

:man10: true that.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55547
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby Rooscooter on Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:40 pm

trodgers wrote:
Weezy wrote:I won this guy's rookie card in a CL contest back when he was drafted, I chose it instead of Bynum's or Farmar's rookie card. I really had high hopes for him after seeing some of what he could do in preseason and felt he could be a PG of the future for us, glad I'm not the GM, man he has fallen. I wonder if his rookie card will have any added value for him turning out to be one of the worst criminals ever in the league. :man10:

I won Bynum's! :man10:


Two "moderators" winning CL contests.......... Hmmmmm.....
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 22930
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby Helljumper on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:53 pm

venky wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:If he is innocent and is aware of what's going on, why not turn himself in?

Maybe he's talking with a lawyer first, and is planning on it.


It looks like that's exactly what happened:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/215351/Attorney_Crittenton_Will_Turn_Himself_In_On_Tuesday
Javaris Crittenton has agreed to surrender to local authorities who've charged him in the shooting death of a 22-year-old mother of four, according to his attorney.

Crittenton will be on a red-eye flight from Los Angeles to Atlanta and should arrive in his hometown "very early [Tuesday] morning," said attorney Brian Steel, retained by family members earlier Monday.

"Mr. Crittenton wants to clear his name," Steel said. "He's innocent of the charges."

Crittenton purchased a one-way airline ticket to Los Angeles last Wednesday. An FBI spokesman said Monday agents believe Crittenton remains in the Los Angeles area, where he has family and friends.
Image
User avatar
Helljumper

 
Posts: 14868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby Weezy on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:48 pm

Rooscooter wrote:
trodgers wrote:
Weezy wrote:I won this guy's rookie card in a CL contest back when he was drafted, I chose it instead of Bynum's or Farmar's rookie card. I really had high hopes for him after seeing some of what he could do in preseason and felt he could be a PG of the future for us, glad I'm not the GM, man he has fallen. I wonder if his rookie card will have any added value for him turning out to be one of the worst criminals ever in the league. :man10:

I won Bynum's! :man10:


Two "moderators" winning CL contests.......... Hmmmmm.....


Lol, well I wasn't a mod back then, I'd only been on the site like a year at most when I won it. I almost picked Bynum's card too, still wish I would have.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby XXIV on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:28 pm

It's about time the authorities got him. This has been going on for a while now.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby abeer3 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:50 am

lol, yeah lawyer, he's been pondering his innocence for the week since he bought a one-way ticket out of dodge.
abeer3

 
Posts: 10398
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:15 pm

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby davriver290 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:15 am

Well, what evidence do the police have to suggest Javaris had anything to do with this crime?
Sessions, Kobe, Metta, Gasol, Bynum
User avatar
davriver290

 
Posts: 5711
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:14 pm

Re: Javaris Crittenton wanted in a shooting death

Postby venky on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:44 am

I hope he's innocent, not like OJ Simpson innocent, but really innocent.
Image
venky

 
Posts: 2126
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:53 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.