Jay Williams plans on making a comeback?

Jay Williams plans on making a comeback?

Postby JSM on Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:43 pm

Jay Williams said he is going to try and return to the NBA for the 04-05 season. He is making a fast and progressive recovery. A friend of his says, "he is doing real good right now," and that, "he's (Williams) excited and happy." Jay is expected to have a press conference about this within the next few weeks.
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-bull13.html
Last edited by JSM on Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:53 pm

so yeah, I think we all know that he is gonna make a sorta comeback...but as fans, don't you think it's sort of dumb to screw up a year just by a motorcycle crash? LOL. That also screwed up the team outlook. And I like the fact that you keep calling him Jason Williams. At first I thought you meant the guy from the Memphis Grizzlies, then the guy who murdered his limousine driver, then this guy. Wouldn't it have been better to call him JAY WILLIAMS instead? :man5:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:25 pm

jay williams is stupid, he coulda been somethin...but now i jus think it was PLAIN STUPIDITY to ride his motorcycle WITHOUT A [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] HELMET...i mean how stupid can u be?

And he was on tha verge of becomin tha bulls floor leader of young big dawgs, but now his spot will be taken by crawford and hinrich and he'll fall behind and become the next big bust in tha NBA...sad story...but it happens right?

by the way i think the bulls are gonna be great next year even without Jay, cuz Eddy and Tyson are ready for break thru seasons, and Pippen and Rose will provide lots of leadership that is needed there...
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sun Sep 14, 2003 7:27 pm

It was uncertain whether he would be able to come back or if he would have to to retire, at some point..Yeah, it was dumb, but it was his decision, and if that means he won't ever be able to play basketball even at half the level he once could, then he has to live with that.

I am glad that he is doing better, and recovering well though, because that has nothing to do with basketball, it has to do with a fellow human being recovering from a tragic accident. A person, that some thought at one time, might not walk again, or might not play bball again.

Yeah I'll fix that name thing I was summing up the article and not changing it up too much, and wasn't even paying attention that they said Jason instead of Jay
JSM

Postby Roscoe on Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:42 pm

Man I saw him on TV like two months ago on ESPN. He was on this reality show and he was talkin to this guy. The guy said that Jay had a nice bike, and Jay was like "I'm not suppose to have it" then he drove away with no helmet on. It was pretty weird...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby JSM on Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:45 pm

yeah, the show is Beg, Borrow, and Deal
JSM

Return to NBA Discussion