Jermaine O'Neal for C-Webb??

Jermaine O'Neal for C-Webb??

Postby Shaq Fan on Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:41 pm

I am hearing huge rumors of Jermaine for Webber. And Bird said he would seriously think about dealing him if they got something good in return.

The salaries are pretty close. :man1: This would be a blockbuster.

www.hoopshype.com

I would pull the trigger. Would you? :man12:

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Guest on Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:05 pm

It's good to have ideas but sometimes you go overboard, I doubt you are hearing rumor about anything.

:disagree:

Postby JSM on Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:46 pm

I haven't heard anything about C-Webb for J. O'Neal, but I have heard that Bird would be willing to trade O'Neal to another team if he wants to leave and if the Pacers could get something good in return.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Kobe834 on Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:06 pm

I dont think that the kings would pull it off. And i dont think o'neal would wanna leave, i mean the guy cried over the pacers. but, i'm not bird so...who knows.
Kobe834

Postby Roscoe on Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:12 pm

Jermaine O'Neal would not fit the Kings' style. CWebb is the best passing forward in the league and plus he can hit those twenty footers. The Kings need passers if they want to run and gun. But I'd do this trade if I were the Kings anyway because Jermaine is only 24 years old and he still has so much potential. CWebb might have better numbers in the east, but the Pacers still won't go anywhere anytime soon...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Kobe834 on Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:26 pm

i agree 'bout cwebb bein good, but when i tried to tell them that on another post, YALL CUSSED ME OUT!!! by da way Roscoe, you still filipino?? :man12:
Kobe834

Postby Roscoe on Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:32 pm

Ha of course dawg... :jam2:

Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Kobe834 on Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:41 pm

me too! adobo power!!!! :bow: :jam2:
Kobe834

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Sep 04, 2003 6:56 pm

The Kings would be crazy not to make this move. O'Neal is clearly the one that is on the rise and with Webber's recent injuries, he's on the decline. O'Neal is younger, but more importantly is that he goes to the hole and doesnt settle for the perimeter like Webber does.
Sure Webber is a better passer, but he needs Vlade to work off of. Miller is their center of the future and he is no Vlade, by any means. This means that all those cool high post passes we say between Vlade and Webber are no more. On the other hand, O'Neal has played alongside Miller and knows how to work off of him. There is clearly more pros than cons with O'Neal and Webber is just an uncertainty now. We don't know how explosive he will be after he returns from his injury.
Trust me people....Webber is on the decline and the Kings can maybe use his name to get a player that will soon peak. If the Kings were smart, they would deal Webber away for a player like O'Neal. The only scary part is his huge contract, but then again Webber has one of those too.
I know this move won't happen though, but if this trade did legitly present itself, the Kings would be fools not to take this trade. You have to remember, that the Pacers wouldn't really have a problem with this trade, as long as the player they are getting wants to be in Indianapolis. Bird is a no nonsense type of guy. So he means business....but what will most likely happen is that O'Neal stays put for a year and after that year is over, he will decide if Carlisle is a great fit for the way he plays. In my opinion...O'Neal stays, but then again....more interesting things have happened.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:26 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:The Kings would be crazy not to make this move. O'Neal is clearly the one that is on the rise and with Webber's recent injuries, he's on the decline. O'Neal is younger, but more importantly is that he goes to the hole and doesnt settle for the perimeter like Webber does.
Sure Webber is a better passer, but he needs Vlade to work off of. Miller is their center of the future and he is no Vlade, by any means. This means that all those cool high post passes we say between Vlade and Webber are no more. On the other hand, O'Neal has played alongside Miller and knows how to work off of him. There is clearly more pros than cons with O'Neal and Webber is just an uncertainty now. We don't know how explosive he will be after he returns from his injury.
Trust me people....Webber is on the decline and the Kings can maybe use his name to get a player that will soon peak. If the Kings were smart, they would deal Webber away for a player like O'Neal. The only scary part is his huge contract, but then again Webber has one of those too.
I know this move won't happen though, but if this trade did legitly present itself, the Kings would be fools not to take this trade. You have to remember, that the Pacers wouldn't really have a problem with this trade, as long as the player they are getting wants to be in Indianapolis. Bird is a no nonsense type of guy. So he means business....but what will most likely happen is that O'Neal stays put for a year and after that year is over, he will decide if Carlisle is a great fit for the way he plays. In my opinion...O'Neal stays, but then again....more interesting things have happened.

Sorry V, I have to disagree with you...I know that Jermaine O'Neal is only developing and it would be SCARY to see him in his full force (think Kobe Bryant), but when it comes down to contributing in all aspects of the game C-Webb's got my vote. I'm not a Kings fan by any means at all, but C-Webb's already a proven veteran, and although he sucks like hell at crunchtime, he can dish it and score and rebound and play D and makes his teammates better. He's also very vocal and has a sense of humor, especially in front of the media. I like players that do that...they're leaders. Look, man, Shaq's a leader, Kobe's a leader..hell, even Rick Fox is a leader (those damn commercials). Jermaine O'Neal speaks publicly but not sarcastically. He's a leader, too, but doesn't speak up and contribute at the crunch. Oh, he may play D and shoot well and rebound and do those little thangs for the team, but Jermaine won't develop under coach Rick Carlisle. If the trade falls through (trading Chris for Jermaine) then it's hard to see Jermaine develop under coach Rick Adelman. I think although they got a younger prospect, what they also got was some guy who may not even adapt to his role on the team. Jermaine's not a good passer, and in the King's passing offense to give players balanced points, he won't step up for that mater. In Indy he was always a leader and they would throw him the rack, now the team is balanced and Jermaine's lost in the rotation. I think Chris, on the other hand, benefits Indy due to his leadership and passing skills (gives players more shots and makes up for the offensive bulk--something they didn't have previously). He's better in Indiana and can be the differencemaker in this year's playoffs. He'll make Jon Bender and Croshere better, too. Props to Indy for making the right decision. Jermaine's better as an individual growing player, but when it comes down to leadership, passing and power, Chris Webber's better as a team player. And team players are more useful than ordinary ones. Props to Chris for that. That's why T-Mac, Kobe, and Garnett get lots of recognition around the league. Look at their assists--they do absolutely everything on the court.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:02 pm

I respect what you say, but I feel you are just making alot of assumptions on Chris bringing this and that and doing this and that....I totally disagree about him being a leader....but I guess thats just me. You have great points, but we still have to see if those points would hold true. As of right now they don't hold ground. Give me one fact that shows Webber is a good leader. He hasn't led any of his teams in the past...not one. Peja and Bibby would be my pick for leaders on that team. Just cause Webber gets paid the most, doesn't make him the leader necessarily. Just look at our team....Kobe gets paid less than Shaq, but the majority will say that Kobe's demeanor is much more classified a leader than Shaq's.

Its true...we don't know if O'Neal would be a good fit on Sac. But lets look at what we do know. We know that O'Neal is younger and hasn't even hit his prime yet...but still he's one of our LEADERS on Team USA. He is much more of a banger in the paint then Chris is now. Don't get it twisted...Chris was a post guy in his earlier years and that's how he made a name for himself. Now he is much more tentative, maybe because he is so injury prone, but that won't get it done with it counts. He has been criticized for taking the easy way out of things and its been happening for some time now. Coming back from this recent injury, I'm almost positive that he will be even more tentative then before. He shoots that perimeter shot well, but that won't get it done, especially on a team that already has enough players taking shots on the outside in Bibby and Peja. He needs to work on the inside so that Sac can claim they have an inside outside game when Vlade calls it quits. Another thing we know is that Miller is now on the team and will definitely be the guy of the future. No doubt Chris had chemistry with Vlade, but it still has to be seen if Webber and Miller will have that potent high post attack like the Spurs did with David and Duncan. O'Neal on the other hand has played with Miller before and can work off him like he did in Indy. Finally, we are really uncertain on how Webber will come back from his injury. Will this latest injury take away a certain dimension from his overall game? We really don't know...but we do know that he is going to play not as agressively when he returns to action. He doesn't want to risk further injury.

So my point is that with all the things we know, there are alot more pros when it comes to O'Neal and alot of cons when it comes to Webber. We can take your arguments into account only if the trade did happen. We still have to see how Chris will react when he comes back and how it ultimately affects his play. Maybe it would be fair to this debate to see how things play out first before we go at each other. But I do respect your insight and look forward to debating with you in the future.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:44 pm

sorry bur this trade wouldnt happen...

hes a more realistic trade tho:

Nets trade:

K Mart
Mutumbo

for

J O'neal
Croshere
F Jones

I see this as a possibility....since the pacers may need a center now that miller is gone, and they have a disgruntled star in O'neal...maybe they will give the Nets a call for Martin and Mutumbo? Damn imagine the nets:

Kidd, Kittles, Jefferson, O'neal, Mourning

I think the webber/o'neal trade is a lil far-fetched, i jus dont see the dumb queens givin up webber since they are so loyal to him and his contract, but if i were the GM of the Kings, i would make this trade in a hurry! You have a rising star in J O'neal who might hit his prime in the next 2 or 3 years...and u can finally get rid of injury prone Webber!

But KMart and Deke for J O'neal and 2 other players makes more sense to me...

what do u all think?
FabFourLakers

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:00 pm

Jermaine O'Neal himself is already worth more than Martin and Mutombo...all by himself. No need to put intruiging Croshere and developing Fred Jones in the mix, do you?

If anything, I would like a Jermaine O'Neal trade for Kenyon Martin, Deke and Rodney Rogers. That would be worth it, presumably, but I don't see anything good for Indiana there. Even Jermaine for Chris sounds better there, to tell ya the truth...

but here's a trade (won't happen) that I thinks benefits all teams:

Three way trade in which:

Indiana
trades:

Ron Artest
+
Al Harrington
+
Fred Jones

Portland trades:

Damon Stoudamire
+
Rasheed Wallace

Atlanta trades:

Chris Crawford
+
Jason Terry (sign and trade)

Indiana trades Ron Artest and Fred Jones to the Blazers and Al Harrington to the Hawks, and Indiana gets in return Rasheed Wallace and Chris Crawford.

Portland trades Damon Stoudamire to the Hawks and Rasheed Wallace to the Pacers, and in return gets Ron Artest and Fred Jones from the Blazers, and Jason Terry from the Hawks.

Atlanta trades Chris Crawford to the Pacers and Jason Terry to the Blazers, and Atlanta gets in return Al Harrington from the Pacers and Damon Stoudamire from the Blazers.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby BoogieKnight on Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:01 pm

I agree, Webber ain't the leader of the Queens. If you guys remember the 2002 Western Conference playoffs, you'll know that the leader of the Queens was Mateen 'pom pom' Cleaves. :mhihi:

"You know what we are in Sacramento when it comes to Los Angeles? Whiners.
We excel at "The Crying Game."
And once again, our motto remains: We played, we lost, we b*tched about it."

By Marcos Bretón - Bee Columnist
BoogieKnight

Postby Roscoe on Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:07 pm

It is gonna be hard for the Pacers to move Jermaine and get something top notch in return. Many teams are afraid to go over the salary cap...

Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:17 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:Jermaine O'Neal himself is already worth more than Martin and Mutombo...all by himself. No need to put intruiging Croshere and developing Fred Jones in the mix, do you?

If anything, I would like a Jermaine O'Neal trade for Kenyon Martin, Deke and Rodney Rogers. That would be worth it, presumably, but I don't see anything good for Indiana there. Even Jermaine for Chris sounds better there, to tell ya the truth...

but here's a trade (won't happen) that I thinks benefits all teams:

Three way trade in which:

Indiana
trades:

Ron Artest
+
Al Harrington
+
Fred Jones

Portland trades:

Damon Stoudamire
+
Rasheed Wallace

Atlanta trades:

Chris Crawford
+
Jason Terry (sign and trade)

Indiana trades Ron Artest and Fred Jones to the Blazers and Al Harrington to the Hawks, and Indiana gets in return Rasheed Wallace and Chris Crawford.

Portland trades Damon Stoudamire to the Hawks and Rasheed Wallace to the Pacers, and in return gets Ron Artest and Fred Jones from the Blazers, and Jason Terry from the Hawks.

Atlanta trades Chris Crawford to the Pacers and Jason Terry to the Blazers, and Atlanta gets in return Al Harrington from the Pacers and Damon Stoudamire from the Blazers.

well i dunno how tha salaries work...does it work by how much u make at the end of ur contract or the salary u will earn next year? Cuz Jermaine is gonna earn 13 mil this season...and end at about 20+ mil...and Deke and Martin combined are about 22+mil, so i thot that we would hafta add in a couple of players to make the salaries work

i think that trade would benefit Indiana big time, i mean imagine the lineup of:
Mutumbo
Martin
Artest
Miller
Tinsley

thats definetly a bad boy lineup, and they can all play defense the way carlisle would like them to with shot blockers (martin and mutumbo) to guard to basket!! And the nets would get a go to guy that kidd can go to when his shot is not goin, and they would work well together since they played in Team USA together, and it would jus boost the Nets chances at the championship, with Mourning and O'neal playin alongside eachother, and Kidd throwin allley oops to Jefferson and Kittles!

I just see this a more realistic scenario for BOTH teams, since Martin was prolly not happy with his contract extension issue, and the Nets have been lookin unload Mutumbo's contract, and what better way to do it then to get a GREAT player in return who is on tha rise and about ready to hit his prime? To get great players, u hafta give too, even if they only get O'neal for 2 or 3 players i think it is definetly worth it, since they already have 3 centers(Mourning, Williams, Collins), and they already had a great bench and starting lineup...

I think Jermaine would be happy to leave Indiana and come to a BETTER situation in New Jersey where they are competing for a championship! Then maybe Isiah Thomas can come to the New Jersey coaching staff since Eddie Jordan left! or was eddie jordan's spot already taken after he left?

I dont if the Chris Webber trade would be bettter, i mean if ur pacers, ur gettin a rising star in Kenyon Martin who WAS the #1 pick overall a couple years back, and he had his best season yet last year, and he would fit in to the pacers style of play! aggressive, dirty, and all out! Imagine Artest and Martin on the same team! Why would u want an injury prone Webber who cant deliver in the clutch? Go for K-Mart and then u can get salary cap relief in 2 years after Mutumbo's contract is up! Or if Mutumbo actually does good this year, maybe u can think about re-signing for a LITTLE less than what hes earning now! Who knows what can happen? I mean if Malone and Payton can come to LA, anythin can happen in the NBA!
FabFourLakers

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:42 pm

BoogieKnight wrote:I agree, Webber ain't the leader of the Queens. If you guys remember the 2002 Western Conference playoffs, you'll know that the leader of the Queens was Mateen 'pom pom' Cleaves. :mhihi:

:man10: :man10: :man10: good one boogie. :man10:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Re: Jermaine O'Neal for C-Webb??

Postby HndsmCelt on Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:22 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:I am hearing huge rumors of Jermaine for Webber. And Bird said he would seriously think about dealing him if they got something good in return.

www.hoopshype.com

Dude you must just laugh your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off after posting up some made up [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] then watching the clowns go to town argueing about if it is a good idea or not. I have seen like 4 or 5 of these wack posts of yours that were so far out there and of course not one has even been close to legit. Keep it up man it makes my day reading these threads.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby Shaq Fan on Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:00 pm

HndsmCelt wrote:
Shaq Fan wrote:I am hearing huge rumors of Jermaine for Webber. And Bird said he would seriously think about dealing him if they got something good in return.

www.hoopshype.com

Dude you must just laugh your [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off after posting up some made up [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] then watching the clowns go to town argueing about if it is a good idea or not. I have seen like 4 or 5 of these wack posts of yours that were so far out there and of course not one has even been close to legit. Keep it up man it makes my day reading these threads.

This is not made up. I heard this rumor.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:55 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:
HndsmCelt wrote:

www.hoopshype.com

This is not made up. I heard this rumor.

You sure Shaq Daddy? I didn't see that rumor anywhere today or yesterday from hoopshype. And if you looked at my expert analysis above, you'll see why no one gives a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] about Jermaine O'Neal. Chris Webber is a good, finesse player; Jermaine's good, too, but you'll need to throw something up along with him.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Return to NBA Discussion