Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:51 pm

I was a big fan of Jodie but I am glad we didn't give him that contract. Good on him for getting paid.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Frank Dux on Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:51 pm

Barnstable wrote:YES!!!!

Just heard the news! :jam2:

Gents we have just made the best move of the 2014 free agent season in not resigning this defenseless puppy for another year!! I am elated!!!

Goodbye worst defensive player in the NBA! :bow:

Personally i'm going to miss his fake hustle.
Frank Dux

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:12 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I was a big fan of Jodie but I am glad we didn't give him that contract. Good on him for getting paid.

I was a fan too. :man10:

I think most people hated him though. I don't think he fake hustled... I think he real hustled, he's just not that good so it didn't look legit...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:46 pm

therealdeal wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:I was a big fan of Jodie but I am glad we didn't give him that contract. Good on him for getting paid.

I think most people hated him though. I don't think he fake hustled... I think he real hustled, he's just not that good so it didn't look legit...

Meeks laid out the effort, was professional and did his biz. Yes, he wasn't very good on defense but at least he tried.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:54 pm

gcclaker wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Meeks laid out the effort, was professional and did his biz. Yes, he wasn't very good on defense but at least he tried.

exactly. There were only a few guys who I knew would bring it and Meeks was one of them. His d wasn't amazing but neither was anyone else for that matter on the team. He may not of been great at it but at least he tried and I personally enjoyed seeing the evolution of his offensive game from simple shooter. I thought he was a good role player which is why 3/19 is crazy. so to that I say enjoy Deeeeeettttttrrrrrrroooooooiiiiitttttbaaaaaaasssssssskkkkkkeeeeettttt ball.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby jimbo327 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:14 am

If Meeks got 3 year 20 mil, Stan Van Gundy is going to be the next Isiah Thomas, and have no reason to be in charge of an organization. That is a really terrible contract for Detroit if true.
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby Barnstable on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:15 am

Frank Dux wrote:
Barnstable wrote:YES!!!!

Just heard the news! :jam2:

Gents we have just made the best move of the 2014 free agent season in not resigning this defenseless puppy for another year!! I am elated!!!

Goodbye worst defensive player in the NBA! :bow:

Personally i'm going to miss his fake hustle.

The guy is better than David Blaine!! A master of illusion!

You think Meeks is in front of his man and all of a sudden, POOF, his man goes right through him or he raises up to shoot a wide open shot as if Meeks wasn't even there. Illusionists practice their art and Meeks is as good as any at it.

Not our problem anymore :jam2:
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:13 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
gcclaker wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

exactly. There were only a few guys who I knew would bring it and Meeks was one of them. His d wasn't amazing but neither was anyone else for that matter on the team. He may not of been great at it but at least he tried and I personally enjoyed seeing the evolution of his offensive game from simple shooter. I thought he was a good role player which is why 3/19 is crazy. so to that I say enjoy Deeeeeettttttrrrrrrroooooooiiiiitttttbaaaaaaasssssssskkkkkkeeeeettttt ball.

Could there be a more annoying basketball experience than being at a Detroit game? :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:28 am

Meeks knew what is up. The Lakers weren't likely to contend this season. They won't offer him what he feels he's worth. With 24 coming back plus Young possibly being on board, he'd be relegated to spot minutes which will affect his consistency and development. Can't blame Meeks for that. This fan appreciates he did not dog it every game, every possession. I've seen more heralded players take plays off more...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:48 am

gcclaker wrote:Meeks knew what is up. The Lakers weren't likely to contend this season. They won't offer him what he feels he's worth. With 24 coming back plus Young possibly being on board, he'd be relegated to spot minutes which will affect his consistency and development. Can't blame Meeks for that. This fan appreciates he did not dog it every game, every possession. I've seen more heralded players take plays off more...

I would be absolutely shocked if Jodie got another offer even in the same realm as this. I can't imagine he got many more offers that were even 3/12 million or so.

He'd have been a fool to pass on this much money. Good for him. I hope he has a lot of success over there.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kou on Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:22 pm

Congrats to him for somehow managing to get that much money, because he is worth half of it at best.
NBA 2k9 team:

Fisher/Rose/Watson
Bryant/Wells
Lee/Ariza/Walton
Gasol/Yi
Bynum/Zo
Kou

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:17 pm

:atkins: :wave: :atkins: :wave:
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby thisbjgz on Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:25 pm

This contract that Jodie got is much better and deserving than the likes of CJ Miles, Ben Gordon, Livingston though...

Jodie was probably our most consistent player all season last year. Good for him.
thisbjgz

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Sad to see him go, he had a hell of a year. I was expecting him to get around 3 years 15 mill at most. Good for him.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:57 pm

Terrible contract but it's nice to see Jodie getting paid ... as much as I criticized him , he always worked his arse off and seems to be a good human being
wcsoldier81

Postby Barnstable on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:58 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Terrible contract but it's nice to see Jodie getting paid ... as much as I criticized him , he always worked his arse off and seems to be a good human being

I'll agree with that.

I want him no where near my team, but I wish him the best of luck and congrats on his big contract.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby 432J on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:20 am

good for jodie to get paid. i liked him a lot

aside from that, WTF was detroit thinking?
432J

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion