Jodie Meeks: signs with Pistons-3 yr / 19mil!?!? = cya

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby Center Court on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:03 pm

I think Kobe should be at MAX 34mpg. But with Meeks scoring ability off the bench, I hope that number is cloer to 32. Keep him fresh for when he is needed most... the finals against LeBron.
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3170
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby gcclaker on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:00 pm

Meeks reminds me of Quentin Richardson. I hope he doesn't press when he's on the floor trying to do too much in limited minutes then eventually shrink.
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15202
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby Nashty Gal on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:39 pm

"I'll take pride in hoping to help him out with his minutes. Last year, he played a lot of minutes. So if I can go in there and take some minutes off of him, it will help the team out."


I love this guy
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
User avatar
Nashty Gal

 
Posts: 2412
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:01 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Janine Garcia wrote:
"I'll take pride in hoping to help him out with his minutes. Last year, he played a lot of minutes. So if I can go in there and take some minutes off of him, it will help the team out."


I love this guy

He did another radio interview this afternoon that I caught on the road where he said the same thing again. I love that he understands his role and expectations.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:41 pm

nice short interview from last summer:



all the highlight vids on youtube combined:
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4707
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:58 pm

https://twitter.com/KevinDing

Here's what Kupchak had to say about new Kobe backup Jodie Meeks (@JMeeks20): "He’s got great range. He’s more

than an adequate defender. He’s got good size. Great kid. With our team, players who can shoot the ball make it easier for everybody." Meeks, 24, is 6-foot-4 with good strength. With him and Chris Duhon (also praised by Kupchak) joining Steve Blake in the backcourt, it's hard to see playing time for Andrew Goudelock or Darius Morris in the coming Lakers season.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11701
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:14 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:https://twitter.com/KevinDing

Here's what Kupchak had to say about new Kobe backup Jodie Meeks (@JMeeks20): "He’s got great range. He’s more

than an adequate defender. He’s got good size. Great kid. With our team, players who can shoot the ball make it easier for everybody." Meeks, 24, is 6-foot-4 with good strength. With him and Chris Duhon (also praised by Kupchak) joining Steve Blake in the backcourt, it's hard to see playing time for Andrew Goudelock or Darius Morris in the coming Lakers season.


dafuq is Mitch smoking?

d00d, with Nash, Dwight and Jamison added to our roster, Morris and Goudelock will get to play the entire 4th quarter.

:man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

 
Posts: 12218
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:https://twitter.com/KevinDing

Here's what Kupchak had to say about new Kobe backup Jodie Meeks (@JMeeks20): "He’s got great range. He’s more

than an adequate defender. He’s got good size. Great kid. With our team, players who can shoot the ball make it easier for everybody." Meeks, 24, is 6-foot-4 with good strength. With him and Chris Duhon (also praised by Kupchak) joining Steve Blake in the backcourt, it's hard to see playing time for Andrew Goudelock or Darius Morris in the coming Lakers season.

Seems like Mitch is comfortable with our backup guards, and to be honest so am I. Duhon I think is a fine 3rd PG and Meeks is a very solid backup SG. I feel like one of either Goudelock or Morris should be cut to be honest; or better yet, cut them both and sign Odom who is a better defender than either and can still shoot.

I really like Meeks, I think he's going to surprise some people and I can't wait until we get this season started.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:20 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:https://twitter.com/KevinDing

Here's what Kupchak had to say about new Kobe backup Jodie Meeks (@JMeeks20): "He’s got great range. He’s more

than an adequate defender. He’s got good size. Great kid. With our team, players who can shoot the ball make it easier for everybody." Meeks, 24, is 6-foot-4 with good strength. With him and Chris Duhon (also praised by Kupchak) joining Steve Blake in the backcourt, it's hard to see playing time for Andrew Goudelock or Darius Morris in the coming Lakers season.


dafuq is Mitch smoking?

d00d, with Nash, Dwight and Jamison added to our roster, Morris and Goudelock will get to play the entire 4th quarter.

:man10:


Damn, I just remembered you can't suit up the last three. :man5:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

 
Posts: 12218
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby XXIV on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:24 pm

By what Mitch said it seems Duhon will get playing time. Hopefully it's garbage time and he won't actually be in when the games somewhat close. :man1:
XXIV

 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:25 pm

^ You're awful and your joke was awful.

Nash/Blake/Duhon/Morris
Bryant/Meeks/Goudelock

Besides Blake/Duhon I like the looks of that. I like Darius Johnson-Odom over Goudelock too.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby khmrP on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:26 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ You're awful and your joke was awful.

Nash/Blake/Duhon/Morris
Bryant/Meeks/Goudelock

Besides Blake/Duhon I like the looks of that. I like Darius Johnson-Odom over Goudelock too.


if Duhon outplays Blake for most of the backup minutes it will truly show how pathetic of a player Blake is.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10461
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby Plot on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:29 pm

In what has been a great off-season, signing Darius Morris to the qualifying offer sticks out. :man3:
User avatar
Plot

 
Posts: 553
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:46 pm

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby XXIV on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:30 pm

therealdeal, who is your post directed to? :man10:
XXIV

 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby Weezy on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:31 pm

I actually think Blake will be a little better now that he has an actual bench of players to pass to and a real starting PG to take up most of the minutes and maybe even show him a few things. Blake/Meeks/Ebanks/Jamison/Hill is much better than anything we used last season IMO, Blake/Glock/Barnes/McRoberts/Murphy for example.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50866
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:52 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:^ You're awful and your joke was awful.

Nash/Blake/Duhon/Morris
Bryant/Meeks/Goudelock

Besides Blake/Duhon I like the looks of that. I like Darius Johnson-Odom over Goudelock too.


if Duhon outplays Blake for most of the backup minutes it will truly show how pathetic of a player Blake is.

Only way that happens is if Duhon's defense and 3 point shooting click this season, which is very doubtful. Keep in mind Brown loves Blake and I don't see Steve 2 coming in after Duhon.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:52 pm

XXIV wrote:therealdeal, who is your post directed to? :man10:

... you.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby TIME on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:01 pm

Weezy wrote:I actually think Blake will be a little better now that he has an actual bench of players to pass to and a real starting PG to take up most of the minutes and maybe even show him a few things.


Absolutely. There are really only three options for Blake this year:

1. Get worse
2. Stay the same
3. Get better

Since #1 would be difficult to pull off, that leaves only #2 or #3. I'm saying #3 is a winner here.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9437
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby borri on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Plot wrote:In what has been a great off-season, signing Darius Morris to the qualifying offer sticks out. :man3:


Took the words right outta my mouth. Head scratcher to say the least. Methinks the signing was a "just in case ish happens and we need to throw in an extra piece to get a deal done" kinda thing.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8035
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:33 pm

borri wrote:
Plot wrote:In what has been a great off-season, signing Darius Morris to the qualifying offer sticks out. :man3:


Took the words right outta my mouth. Head scratcher to say the least. Methinks the signing was a "just in case ish happens and we need to throw in an extra piece to get a deal done" kinda thing.

This. It was an emergency measure in case we had to trade out Blake and were left with nothing. For a 3rd string PG he's alright and he's about as cheap as can be.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby XXIV on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:45 pm

therealdeal wrote:
XXIV wrote:therealdeal, who is your post directed to? :man10:

... you.


Ah, just making sure with all these Blake/Duhon jokes flying around. :man12:
XXIV

 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:07 pm

XXIV wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
XXIV wrote:therealdeal, who is your post directed to? :man10:

... you.


Ah, just making sure with all these Blake/Duhon jokes flying around. :man12:

I'm kidding :man10: it definitely wasn't you. It was bruddah.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:25 pm

therealdeal wrote:
XXIV wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
XXIV wrote:therealdeal, who is your post directed to? :man10:

... you.


Ah, just making sure with all these Blake/Duhon jokes flying around. :man12:

I'm kidding :man10: it definitely wasn't you. It was bruddah.


WAT? :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

 
Posts: 12218
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby XXIV on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:17 pm

^ I'll be taking a step back now. :man10:
XXIV

 
Posts: 6386
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Welcome To The Lakers Jodie Meeks (Page 12, 2 years $3 mil)

Postby jamabile on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:20 pm

It's good to have another floor spacer/scorer off the bench. I can't wait to see how he performs...
jamabile

 

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.