Jordan Farmar Discussion:Signs with Clippers (31)

Re: Jordan Farmar Discussion: Future Lakers' GM (14)

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:20 pm

He's still giving us about 10 points and 5 assists a game; he's not perfect, and honestly on a championship team, he's still a backup...but, beggars can't be choosers, and if you increase his minutes, his production will go up, and he'll give you the best chance to stay competitive in these games.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby LakersN4 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:38 pm

He really needs to be playing more minutes.. Nash looks flat out done & Blake is being overplayed.. Yes he makes his share of mistakes but if we learned anything from Phil mismanaging Farmar it's that you have to give him a chance to play through it.. He thrives on emotion & when the coach is messing with his confidence the results are never good.. We're not gonna see Nash have a flashback to 5 years ago & Blake isn't going to become more than a role player.. Jordan is the 1 player with the potential to make us good at the PG position.
LakersN4

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Step your game up.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:53 pm

I guess the calf is still bothering him
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:15 pm

^^^ Gotta be physical because this guy never lacks for confidence and he just doesn't look the same as he did earlier. Hope it clears up soon. Damn.
LTLakerFan

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:59 pm

great game by farmar. his play in the late 3rd was instrumental in our grabbing a chokehold of mr momentum and not letting go. hopefully he's out of his funk.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:15 pm

Good stuff from Farmar tonight.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:22 pm

For some reason he has always been good at hitting quarter ending buzzer beaters. Maybe he's just clutch that way, or it's a fearlessness and willingness to take them. It's kind of an odd specialty, but it's a pretty cool ability he's shown as long as he's been a Laker.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:26 pm

This was a great game by Jordy. We did not have a fall off at the PG spot when he came in. His passes were better and he was much more crisp tonight. Good Job by Jordy Boy.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:27 pm

Surprised nobody has commented yet, as I just finished watching the game on time shift, that Jordan was PISSED he was subbed out again so early in the 4th. Probably felt he was finally playing well and had some good MO going and then Dan yanked him again with about 10 minutes or more left. He was standing facing whichever camera had him from wherever with a towel on his shoulders seething it seemed and then he confirmed by turning toward the bench and firing the towel at it. Kaman got even less burn, but hey Blake and Pau were playing well and Dan went with them.
LTLakerFan

Postby Lakerjones on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:34 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:Surprised nobody has commented yet, as I just finished watching the game on time shift, that Jordan was PISSED he was subbed out again so early in the 4th. Probably felt he was finally playing well and had some good MO going and then Dan yanked him again with about 10 minutes or more left. He was standing facing whichever camera had him from wherever with a towel on his shoulders seething it seemed and then he confirmed by turning toward the bench and firing the towel at it. Kaman got even less burn, but hey Blake and Pau were playing well and Dan went with them.

^^ Wow, I somehow missed that. Not totally surprising though if that's the case. Jordan's a bit of a hot head (not unlike Mike D himself, ironically). Jordan played well. Not sure why he got the yank early, although I've noticed Mike D do that on a number of occasions so far this year - keeping Farmar on a short leash so to speak. In his Mike D's defense tonight though, Steve Blake was having an INCREDIBLE night on both ends of the floor and it would be tough to keep him out for a long period of time when he was playing so superbly.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:52 pm

Jordan did seem to force his hot hand possibly on 1 or 2 plays that didn't turn out well after the bunch of good ones. Right after those Dan yanked him, so yeah looked like the short leash thing going on.
LTLakerFan

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:32 am

i thought farmar should have stayed in longer. really played well at the end of the 4th but blake was balling today so i can understand wanting him to run the show and close out the game. but farmar is going to be huge for us this year and i want him to get out of this mini slump hes in or at least was before today.
Ariza3

Postby borri on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:58 am

LTLakerFan wrote:Jordan did seem to force his hot hand possibly on 1 or 2 plays that didn't turn out well after the bunch of good ones. Right after those Dan yanked him, so yeah looked like the short leash thing going on.

Yeah that forced J at the baseline and the heat check 3 got him yanked. It obvious what antoni wants from his PG's, orchestrate the O first, worry about your shot 2nd. It's the opposite of what he wants from everyone else....if you got a good look take it.
borri

Postby Ras Algethi on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:29 am

Yeah I saw that. Dantoni doesn't give Farmar much string but Blake was amazing tonight (and pretty much since taking over full time PG duties) so its understandable.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:51 am

I'd still rather see Farmar get a longer leash than that though. Blake has been playing well, but Farmar is the better player when all things are equal. Farmar gives us a dynamic option at the PG spot and he needs more time to get things going.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:11 pm

OUTSTANDING game from Jordan tonight! :bow:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby sister golden hair on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:15 pm

This is the version of Jordan Farmar the team needs. Very high-quality minutes. he ran the second unit well, shot smartly, provided a boost of energy. Very good game.
sister golden hair

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:18 pm

Mad again at going back to the bench too soon ( that's the attitude you want to see though) ... great game by Jordan
wcsoldier81

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:18 pm

I think he's always going to be up and down, he's still young, he was out of the league a while, and that's how he was when he was last here. But, I still think he's clearly a better player overall and he's solid to great more often than he's bad. And he's, if his biggest problem is he wants to play so bad he doesn't want to come out of the game, I'm good with that, you want guys with passion like that, at least I do anyway.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:48 am

Methinks Farmar banged Antoni's daughter or something.
borri

Postby earvinfr on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:05 am

Unlike Blake Farmar isn't afraid to go to the basket.
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

Postby karacha on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:46 am

Well, to be fair - Farmar is much faster, quicker and more athletic than Blake. He can actually finish at the basket. I like what Blake is doing for the most part... you remember how Fish always insisted on going to the basket, while being a terrible finisher?
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:35 am

earvinfr wrote:Unlike Blake Farmar isn't afraid to go to the basket.

incorrect. Blake does go to the basket just not to score but to create a score. Jordy attacks the basket to score. Two different reasons for attacking. We don't need to knock one in order to praise the other.

Jordy played great yesterday plain and simple.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby earvinfr on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:07 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
earvinfr wrote:Unlike Blake Farmar isn't afraid to go to the basket.

incorrect. Blake does go to the basket just not to score but to create a score. Jordy attacks the basket to score. Two different reasons for attacking. We don't need to knock one in order to praise the other.

Jordy played great yesterday plain and simple.

I like Blake production this year. But I'm always a bit frustrated when Blake goes to the basket and never shoot. I'm sure other teams knows he's not going to shoot.
Offseason's finished for my long sleeping nights. NBA is back !!
earvinfr

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion