Jordan Farmar Discussion:Signs with Clippers (31)

Re: Lakers and J. Farmar, Mutual Interest

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:49 am

lakersin4 wrote:Farmar is a much better fit for our bench than Blake. In a perfect world we could trade Nash & start Blake but in either case, Farmar's energy & chucking is something our bench needs. Hope he's willing to take the minimum.

In a perfect world you pick Steve Blake or Steve Nash? What are you talking about man?

In a perfect world Blake would be 7 years younger and more durable. He's got good size for a PG and makes for a decent defender, but he's older and therefore slower than he was (he was never fast) and more injury prone.

The best fit for our bench is still Blake who has better natural PG skills than Farmar. Farmar is a SG/PG type and I put those two in the correct order. Blake is a PG/PG/sg type and I put those in the right cases. Blake is a better fit, but I don't like the idea of having two older guys at the fastest position in the NBA.

Farmar would help alleviate some of that pressure.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Pig Miller on Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:58 am

therealdeal wrote:
Pig Miller wrote:^i'd be okay with farmar if there's another deal on the table for blake.

blake for budinger sign and trade. minny loves PGs

We cannot be involved in sign and trades that BRING IN signed players. We can only be involved in sign and trades with players LEAVING Los Angeles.

If we traded Blake it'd likely be for a pick or a TPE or something. Some move to clear cap space.

but in dwight's case, we can sign him and trade him for a player that is already under contract?

seems like they'll close that loophole in the next cba to screw us
Pig Miller

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:09 am

Pig Miller wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
Pig Miller wrote:^i'd be okay with farmar if there's another deal on the table for blake.

We cannot be involved in sign and trades that BRING IN signed players. We can only be involved in sign and trades with players LEAVING Los Angeles.

If we traded Blake it'd likely be for a pick or a TPE or something. Some move to clear cap space.

but in dwight's case, we can sign him and trade him for a player that is already under contract?

I think they've already limited the options enough.. We can only Sign & Trade him to a team that's under the luxury tax apron & that eliminates quite a few contenders that Dwight would accept. Leaves us with teams like Dallas & Houston that can just sign him outright & have all the leverage. Seems like GS will be an option but who knows how much of a longshot that is.
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:10 am

Pig Miller wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Yes we could send Dwight OUT, but we couldn't bring Monta Ellis IN.

I don't know why exactly that is, but it is. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Mookie on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:21 am

I kept suggesting Farmar last offseason, glad he's now considered.
Mookie

Postby TheOp on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:23 pm

:man10: at the people who think Farmar is still the same player he was when he left LA.

He had a great year last year as a role player. 10 ppg and 3 apg on 47 % FG, 44 % 3PT, 90 % FT.

Let me repeat that. 44 % 3 PT. 1.4 makes per game. Playing on the Nets. Imagine how many open looks he would get next to Kobe and hopefully Dwight. Farmar shot a better 3 PT % then Nash last year and had more makes per game in less minutes, as hard as that is to believe. He would be an ideal fit at PG for us, him and Nash could split time giving us an element of veteran leadership and young athleticism at PG.
TheOp

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:11 pm

He left because he felt like his role was too limited and he was being held back and wanted to show that he could be a top point guard. He even mentioned he could be in the realm of Deron Williams (this at a time where quite a few people considered DWill to be at worst the 2nd best PG in the league).

Im guessing he got smacked pretty hard by reality if he's considering coming back to LA with his tail between his legs almost. His ego was always one of his biggest problems, and if thats in check then he could be a decent addition.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby XXIV on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Hopefully the mutual interest is strong enough that he returns. He's still young (only 26) and he's become a better and hopefully a more mature player since he was last here. This time around he'd be a much bigger part of the team that he was before as he would have to take a lot of pressure and playing time off Nash. I'd be very pleased if this addition got done.
XXIV

Postby JSM on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan 2h
Jordan Farmar isn't returning to Lakers. Has 2 more yrs on Turkey contract. The buyout he'd have to pay is more than Lakers would pay him.

JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Well there you have it folks who hated him. :man10:

I hope you welcome Morris back with open arms then! :man9:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:13 pm

therealdeal wrote:Well there you have it folks who hated him. :man10:

I hope you welcome Morris back with open arms then! :man9:

Effing Morris, man, he knows exactly what his weaknesses are. They bend over backwards to keep him 2 years running. Come ON Morris step up and IMPROVE. :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby Barnstable on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:35 pm

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby Aonex on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Forget Farmar, let's get Sasha instead.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:55 pm

Maria probably ruined Sasha "man" wise dumping him. No confidence now. (pulled from my behind) But speaking of that, some new Russian hottie took Serena out at Wimbleton today. :man4: She's very cute. Wow and Serena was on a ROLL!
LTLakerFan

Postby 432J on Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:56 pm

great

looks like morris is really here to stay

:hurl:
432J

Postby Aonex on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:09 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:Maria probably ruined Sasha "man" wise dumping him. No confidence now. (pulled from my behind) But speaking of that, some new Russian hottie took Serena out at Wimbleton today. :man4: She's very cute. Wow and Serena was on a ROLL!

Off topic but she's actually German, Lisicki. Yeah, Sasha should have locked up that wedding as fast as he could, that girl is filthy rich.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:09 pm

This is a disappointment for me.. Really don't want the Steve's & Morris to be all we have at PG.
lakersin4

Postby LooN3y on Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:38 pm

anyone who rather have blake or morris instead of farmer is on that dope.

im a valley boy/la native ive seen farmer play in taft when i was a kid, dudes confidence is off the charts, he isnt a afraid.

HE CAN FINISH inside UNLIKE A CERTAIN BLAKE, or a Morris that continuously dribbles like a chicken without a head.

farmer was a clutch shooter, he shot buzzer beaters, game changing/momentum changing 3's.

and you guys still want blake or morris? blakes getting older, yes he is abit better defensively but i rather have some fresher legs.

well hope u guys are happy, we're gonna have morris on our team. i dont mind blake, but i do want to have atleast one PG thats in his mid 20s
LooN3y

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:17 pm

432J wrote:great

not necessarily. We didn't give him a qualifying offer which means he's an unrestricted free agent. Hopefully another team picks him up.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby LooN3y on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:21 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
432J wrote:great

not necessarily. We didn't give him a qualifying offer which means he's an unrestricted free agent. Hopefully another team picks him up.

we needs to get out of the NBA, its obvious he doesnt belong in the league, but im assuming people are being fair hearted and giving him a chance
LooN3y

Postby Weezy on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:22 pm

Damn, I wanted him back. We desperately lack speed, the ability to break down the defense, and the ability to make a layup at the pg position. Yeah he wasn't the smartest, but he was a big game player, and I continue to believe he would have been more mature. Now we're stuck with the same old s*** in Blake unless he's traded and a better option comes along for the minimum.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:50 pm

I thought his Turkey contract has opt out clause each season? Hmmm too bad.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Weezy on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Got this info from kblo247. I don't know how credible it is, but maybe the Farmar thing isn't completely out of the question. The buyout IMO couldn't be worse than bringing Morris back

http://www.eurohoops.net/2013/07/dribbling/29291

By Aris Barkas/ barkas@eurohoops.net

Jordan Farmar still has a contract for two more years with Anadolu Efes, but that doesn’t mean that he will not return immediately to the NBA if he finds the right situation. His name was linked to the Lakers – the same happened with former Laker and free agent teammate in Anadolu Efes, Sasha Vujacic – but they are not the only team interested on him.

According to his camp, Farmar had some work outs the last few days with NBA teams, after securing a permit to do so from Anadolu Efes. Sources from Turkey also confirmed this permission as Jordan Farmar has an NBA out clause for every offseason of his contract.

The buy out in his contract is the sum permitted by the NBA CBA (500.000 dollars), however it seems that under current circumstances and with Efes trying to reduce its budget – local stars are already leaving the team – if Farmar chose to return to the NBA, the Turkish club will be ready to let him go.

I think once we get 100% confirmation on this either way we can just lock it again, no harm in seeing if anything happens, or if we hear any more on Farmar.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:33 pm

That's why I was surprise when they said it can't be done. There was an opt out clause.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby lakersin4 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:05 pm

The minimum for a player with Farmar's seasons played in the league is $1,106,942.. If he's ok with what's left of that after his buyout, absolutely make it happen Mitch. Get Farmar, LO, Sasha.. Nick Young can take the mini mle or a chunk of it to come do his best Shannon Brown impression.
lakersin4

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion