Jordan Farmar Discussion:Signs with Clippers (31)

Re: Jordan Farmar Discussion: Future Lakers' GM (14)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:21 am

earvinfr wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
earvinfr wrote:Unlike Blake Farmar isn't afraid to go to the basket.

incorrect. Blake does go to the basket just not to score but to create a score. Jordy attacks the basket to score. Two different reasons for attacking. We don't need to knock one in order to praise the other.

Jordy played great yesterday plain and simple.

I like Blake production this year. But I'm always a bit frustrated when Blake goes to the basket and never shoot. I'm sure other teams knows he's not going to shoot.

Blake is a smart player. He shoots when he knows he has the shot. He doesn't have the explosive power Jordy does when going to the rack. Sometimes it looks like he should shoot but I trust his instincts. Jordy sometimes shouldn't shoot and instead kick it out but he has the explosiveness to get the rack and does so. They are playing within their skillsets which are different. IMO.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:38 am

earvinfr wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
earvinfr wrote:Unlike Blake Farmar isn't afraid to go to the basket.

incorrect. Blake does go to the basket just not to score but to create a score. Jordy attacks the basket to score. Two different reasons for attacking. We don't need to knock one in order to praise the other.

Jordy played great yesterday plain and simple.

I like Blake production this year. But I'm always a bit frustrated when Blake goes to the basket and never shoot. I'm sure other teams knows he's not going to shoot.

Have you missed the times of late where Blake (who "never" shoots) is doing exactly that and putting it in the hole around the rim? He will take the shot if he has the step or the angle to get past. Layups, scoop layups off dribble one handed like Nash, floater, reverse layup. That is more common now that at start of the season. Not as common as Farmar. But not "never".
LTLakerFan

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:34 am

The most complete game I've seen Farmar play this year...keep it up
lukewaltonsdad

Postby kofounder8 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:20 pm

The BENCH MOB is back and its no coincidence FARMAR is back there having fun again
"He will never be the next Micheal jordan" but when hes done "there will never be another Kobe Bryant"

SoKaL KoBe wrote:Hey Dirk,

From a team standpoint, Kobe outscored your team 62 to 61 in 3 quarters.
thats just great
kofounder8

Postby Weezy on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:24 pm

I don't know if the percentages reflect it or not, but I feel like his jumper has improved. When he pulls up from 18 to 20 feet with a man on him now, more often than not I feel like it's going to go in. And when he's open for a 3 I almost expect it to go in.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby borri on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:55 am

How does Farmar get the least amount of PT tonight? Shawne Williams got almost 28 mins!
borri

Postby karacha on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:37 am

^

Blake was playing well. MDA generally likes to go with the guy who is doing everything right, and he loves Blake in general.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:15 am

And you can't argue with that production. Blake has been playing lights out lately.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LakerFan1235 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:57 pm

interesting that dantoni would play nash and blake together but will NEVER play blake and farmer together.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Interesting yes. But crap, I'm sure Dan reads CL and now you have just reminded him about that stiffy he gets when he has Steve Black at the 2. :disagree: :bang:

For real though, we no longer have depth at the 1 so that is likely more of the reason.
LTLakerFan

Postby lukewaltonsdad on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:47 pm

Best game as a Laker since his return; really was the floor general out there, hit big shots, ran the Pick and Roll beautifully, and was really composed down the stretch of that game...he's starting to find himself in this offense.
lukewaltonsdad

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:49 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:Interesting yes. But crap, I'm sure Dan reads CL and now you have just reminded him about that stiffy he gets when he has Steve Black at the 2. :disagree: :bang:

For real though, we no longer have depth at the 1 so that is likely more of the reason.

Creepy that this actually happened tonight right after I said he never does it. Though he was kind of forced to because of how well farmar was playing.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby karacha on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:37 pm

We have to re-sign Farmar. He's exactly what we need. No, he's not a star, but he does the job and brings that energy our team needs. Off the bench, he's the real deal.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:02 am

Great game by Farmar ... should have been involved in the possession Nick took that terrible 3
wcsoldier81

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:39 am

Jordan has just been playing great. So much is asked of true PGs to run their butts everywhere, create for others, score and in his case, often create his own shot or score at the rim. Blake gets those occasionally when doesn't require elevation. But BOTH of these guys are just balling right now. And although undoubtedly Farmar would like to start or have more minutes than he's getting, they both seem to genuinely like each other and get pumped when the other does something great. Blake's passing and especially the off the dribble bouncies has been outstanding. Both their handles have been great but Blake seems again even a bit better in that regard IMO.

I keep forgetting to ask…..does anyone here know the story behind Jordan's tattoo on his arm? It's the taller kid and a younger, shorter kid together with arms on each other, with a basketball and says if I'm recalling correctl, "Just We Two".
LTLakerFan

Postby Center Court on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:50 am

Aside from loving what Farmar brings to the team on the court, in the locker room, and to the city of LA, it feels as though he was destined to be a part of this franchise and I would have zero surprise to see him as a coach or in our front office one day.

The chemistry is unreal and something I've never really seen as a Laker fan except for (maybe) the 2009/2010. Farmar is a huge part of this...
Center Court

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:53 am

Farmar is straight balling! Blake is straight balling. I just do not see where Nash could even fit on this team any more. The PG spot is happening right now. I don't want to see Blake relegated to SG. I do hate the two PG lineup, again for the record. These guys need to just play where they are best, PG.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Nashty Gal on Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:24 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
I keep forgetting to ask…..does anyone here know the story behind Jordan's tattoo on his arm? It's the taller kid and a younger, shorter kid together with arms on each other, with a basketball and says if I'm recalling correctl, "Just We Two".

correct, its of jordy and his little sister
The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:54 pm

Nashty Gal wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:

Thanks! Do you know if she played too or he was just expressing loves for both her and B-Ball?
LTLakerFan

Postby Jon on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:59 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
Nashty Gal wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:

Thanks! Do you know if she played too or he was just expressing loves for both her and B-Ball?

He got the tattoo in memory of her. His mom told him when he was young to always take care of her. In order to fulfill her wish and to always remember his sister, he got the tattoo.... She was his life and motivation to get to where he is right now... Googled the story behind his tattoo.
Jon

Postby The Original 81 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:48 pm

Man Jordy was fun to watch last night. Love his attitude and like someone else said above, it's like he's destined to be a Laker. He appears to absolutely love wearing the P&G, which as a fan is nice to see.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:04 pm

These So Cal boys Jordy and Nick have to have homies hanging out on CL. It's got to be great to read fans are digging you. Comes with the pressure too, to not suck. Make us proud guys, make the Lakers want to keep you around. Learn from the Mamba on a mission when he comes back. All these guys will get better. Like the guys that played with Kobe in his first Olympics when they saw what it really took for greatness and winning focus. The work and preparation he put in behind the scenes.
LTLakerFan

Postby LakersN4 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:23 pm

He's no star or anything but as long as we have Farmar & a guy to split minutes with him & play at the level Blake has been I think we're set at PG.. Atleast for the remainder of Kobe's career.
LakersN4

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:15 pm

i want to keep farmar. our bench was devastating during the title run because he leads them. Now after returning, the bench is the most productive in the nba. no coincidence.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:51 am

Darius Soriano ‏@forumbluegold 28 Nov

Darius Soriano ‏@forumbluegold 28 Nov
Lakers' rotation player w/ the best net rating (OEff - DEff)? Jordan Farmar. Lakers' OEff w/ him on the floor is 104.9, DEff is 97.2.

Last one: Jordan Farmar's averages the last 5 games: 19.4 minutes, 12.4 points, 5.4 assists, 60.5% from the field, 55% from behind the arc!
Ouvrir
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion