Jordan Homeless

Jordan Homeless

Postby clublakers on Fri May 09, 2003 6:32 am

Old news, but I'm sure the free agent signing rumors will come about soon enough...

---------------------------
Wizards Will Not Re-Sign Jordan
May 7, 2003

Washington Sports and Entertainment Chairman Abe Pollin announced today the franchise would not re-sign Michael Jordan as President of Basketball Operations. The search for a replacement for Jordan will begin immediately.
“I want to emphasize my sincere thanks to Michael for his time with this franchise,� said Pollin. “While the roster of talent he has assembled here in Washington may not have succeeded to his and my expectations, I do believe Michael’s desire to win and be successful is unquestioned. In the end, Ted (Leonsis) and I felt that this franchise should move in a different direction. I wish him only the very best in his future endeavors.�

Pollin also expressed his gratitude for Jordan’s on-court contributions.

“I firmly believe that Michael’s time with us as a player will have a lasting impact on every player on our roster, and there is no question that our fans were treated to a very unique two seasons, as the greatest player in the world completed his career here in Washington. We were extremely fortunate to witness his final season.�

Pollin, Wizards Minority Owner Ted Leonsis, and Jordan met Wednesday morning at MCI Center along with Pollin’s attorney David Osnos and Jordan’s attorney Curtis Polk.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri May 09, 2003 4:55 pm

From what I hear the meeting went rather rough. Apparently they were just short of exchanging punches. Poor MJ, I'd gladly oust Mitch Kupchak if I knew we had the chance to grab Air Jordan as our GM. The most likely scenario is that MJ will go away for awhile and avoid the media until we come to 2004 at which time MJ will become a minority owner for the new expansion team in Charlotte.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Return to NBA Discussion