Josh Howard To The Spurs?

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:01 am

Josh Howard Will Consider Re-Signing With Jazz

Excerpts from an interview Monday with Jazz forward Josh Howard

Howard on how everything's working out for him with Utah: This definitely will be a place I can see myself finishing my career at. The fan support is great. [Taking] into account the players that are here, the guys come to work everyday, no matter what the situation is. That was something I was looking for after leaving D.C. I'm not saying nothing bad about them. But I just wanted guys that'll come out and play hard, night-in an night-out.

When 2011-12 season ends, he'll give Jazz full consideration: I would hope so. I would never look anybody away. I love this game so much I'm willing to work for whatever opportunity is given to me. I hope they give me an opportunity. I know right now I'm not playing as much. But I've got to stay prepared and stay ready. Hopefully that won't be a factor in it. At the start of the year, I showed people what I can do and what I used to be able to do. It's just a matter of timing and prayer.

Brian T. Smith

Twitter: @tribjazz

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazzn ... s.html.csp
Last edited by Kobe8Fan on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kobe8Fan

Re: Josh Howard Receiving Interest From Knicks and Bulls

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:03 am

Josh Howard Narrows List To Five, Near Free Agent Decision

Unrestricted free agent forward Josh Howard has narrowed down his options to about five teams, a league source told The Salt Lake Tribune on Sunday, and the Jazz are still near the top of his list.

"He's still going through the process," the source said.

Yahoo! Sports' Marc Spears reported Sunday that Utah, Indiana, Golden State, Brooklyn and New York remain in the mix, and Howard is expected to soon make a decision.

The nine-year veteran averaged 8.7 points and 3.7 rebounds in 43 games (18 starts) for Utah during the 2011-12 season. Howard, 32, fought through a left knee injury that initially was supposed to force him to miss the end of the year. He returned in time for the playoffs, though, starting against San Antonio during a Western Conference first-round series.

While the Jazz are stacked at small and power forward — Gordon Hayward, Marvin Williams, DeMarre Carroll, Derrick Favors, Paul Millsap and Jeremy Evans highlight Utah's depth — Howard's interest in Utah hasn't waned. He feels loyal to the small-market organization, which took a chance on the once injury-plagued forward during the lockout-shortened 2011-12 season. As a result, Howard has kept his eyes on the Jazz ever since free agency started July 1.

"They're still in his mind," the source said.

Brian T. Smith
Twitter: @tribjazz
facebook.com/briantsmithSLT

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazzn ... e.html.csp
Kobe8Fan

Re: Josh Howard Receiving Interest From Knicks and Bulls

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:05 am

Josh Howard Receiving Interest From Knicks and Bulls

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Free agent F Josh Howard, a Winston Salem native, has been working out with Charlotte this week, sources tell Y! CHI, NY amongst interested.

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/stat ... 3479971840
Kobe8Fan

Bobcats Working Out Josh Howard

Postby Kobe8Fan on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:56 pm

Bobcats Working Out Josh Howard

Former Wake Forest forward Josh Howard is doing some workouts with the Charlotte Bobcats this week, president of basketball operations Rod Higgins confirmed.

The Bobcats’ interest in Howard is still exploratory, as they consider ways to fill out their roster. The Bobcats would like to have another power forward, and have previously considered Antawn Jamison, Kris Humphries, and Carl Landry, who all signed elsewhere. Howard, 6-7, has played both power and small forward.

Howard, a Winston-Salem native, played his first 61/2 NBA seasons with the Dallas Mavericks, before being traded to the Washington Wizards during the 2009-10 season.

That same trade sent now-Bobcats center Brendan Haywood to the Mavericks.

Last season, Howard played on a one-year contract with the Utah Jazz.

Howard, 32, has a career 14.5-points-per-game average and made one All-Star Game appearance in 2007.

But last season with the Jazz his average was down to 8.7 points on 40 percent shooting from the field.

Rick Bonnell

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/0 ... rylink=cpy
Kobe8Fan

Re: Bobcats Working Out Josh Howard

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:32 pm

Bobcats are going to win the Howard sweepstakes!!!!

It would be the biggest move in the Jordan GM era....

Wait it's Josh Howard not Dwight Howard. :man5: .....

It would be the biggest move in the Jordan GM era!!!
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Congo Cash on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:41 am

He must be a pretty bad player for him to be needing a workout...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby JSM on Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Congo Cash wrote:He must be a pretty bad player for him to be needing a workout...

After his past injuries, If I'm a team considering him, I definitely go that route as well. Low risk, mid sized reward.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Josh Howard To The Spurs?

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:50 am

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Free agent forward Josh Howard to visit Spurs on Monday, source tells Y! Sports.

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/stat ... 6645008385
Kobe8Fan

Postby Finwë on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Bobcats are going to win the Howard sweepstakes!!!!

It would be the biggest move in the Jordan GM era....

Wait it's Josh Howard not Dwight Howard. :man5: .....

It would be the biggest move in the Jordan GM era!!!

LMAO
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby abeer3 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:27 am

his injuries are a major concern. that said, when he was healthy last year, i thought he played pretty well. i was thinking the other day (after barnes signed with the clips) that he would be an interesting player to look at for the lakers' backup 3.
abeer3

Postby therealdeal on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:23 am

abeer3 wrote:his injuries are a major concern. that said, when he was healthy last year, i thought he played pretty well. i was thinking the other day (after barnes signed with the clips) that he would be an interesting player to look at for the lakers' backup 3.

I'd rather have McGrady (who's injuries are always a major concern) because I feel like he'd be a better locker-room presence and would be willing to take that role at a chance of riding this team to a ring.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Return to NBA Discussion