Justin Timberlake: Correspondent for NBA?

Justin Timberlake: Correspondent for NBA?

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:29 pm

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/ontv/103003_ent_timberlake_nba.html

LOS ANGELES — Pop singer Justin Timberlake will write the theme music for ABC Sports' NBA coverage and will star in the network's promotional campaign.
The network announced today that Timberlake will also work as a special correspondent on the NBA.

Timberlake appeared on TNT's "Inside the NBA" with Magic Johnson and has taken part in the NBA All-Star weekend the past two years.

Timberlake's hit songs include "Rock Your Body" and "Like I Love You."

man oh man all this after Christina Aguilera....
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby BDG on Sat Nov 01, 2003 6:11 pm

Oh please no... :disagree:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:49 pm

why justin timberlake? why not 50 cent or some rapper off tha NBA Live soundtrack?
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:50 pm

oh gimmie a break...

No one wants to see justin timberlake.

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:51 pm

Or 50 cent and his posse of 900 guys.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Nov 01, 2003 9:56 pm

Posto wrote:Or 50 cent and his posse of 900 guys.

trust me ppl would wanna see 50 cent more than theyd wanna see gay justin timberlake....
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:28 pm

True, F4L, but I don't wanna see em being correspondents for TNT... I can't stand Justin Timberlake.

When I'm watching a post-game show, I want to see someone that actually knows his basketball.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:34 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:True, F4L, but I don't wanna see em being correspondents for TNT... I can't stand Justin Timberlake.

When I'm watching a post-game show, I want to see someone that actually knows his basketball.

MASTER P KNOWS HIS SH*T WHY NOT HIM?!
FabFourLakers

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:55 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:True, F4L, but I don't wanna see em being correspondents for TNT... I can't stand Justin Timberlake.

JT is a pretty gud baller

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:00 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:

JT is a pretty gud baller

yea right he jus thinks hes good cuz he got one jump shot on kenny smith...wow hes so good now...if i ever playd justin one on one...i'd kill him cuz hes so damn tiny...
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:30 pm

Justin Timberlake makes me angry. I hate his "black" like attitude he tries to put on. I guess we'll have to give him a chance though...

But seriously, it's all about the image.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:36 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Justin Timberlake makes me angry. I hate his "black" like attitude he tries to put on. I guess we'll have to give him a chance though...

But seriously, it's all about the image.

I know... did you hear the joke Chris Rock made about him at the VMAs? He was like "When Justin was on Punk'd he turned all white again, then when they said 'You've been punked!' he was like 'Ohhh you got me dogg you got me..."

He needs to quit that act.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:37 pm

Yes he does :disagree:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Guest on Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:51 pm

Am I aloud to say wigger or will people get offended?

Postby JSM on Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:56 pm

And his voice, no man should be able to go that high on a note. I just wish he would drop the act, those chris rock jokes about him were funny. One thing I have stopped calling him though is gay, because he dated britney, alyssa milano, and now cameron diaz. So I think that's enough proof that he straight, or at least bi.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:34 pm

jsm0331 wrote:And his voice, no man should be able to go that high on a note. I just wish he would drop the act, those chris rock jokes about him were funny. One thing I have stopped calling him though is gay, because he dated britney, alyssa milano, and now cameron diaz. So I think that's enough proof that he straight, or at least bi.

well i thot he was [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] when he was with NSYNC...but i hafta admit hes better off solo...hes not AS gay anymore...and his music is better than before...im not sayin its GOOD im jus sayin its BETTER...yea u get tha point but i dont like havin ppl like him reppin' tha NBA....why not some poppy rap star like Nelly or P Diddy?
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:39 pm

I am surprised they didn't chose P. Diddy, he is a very intelligent business man, and knows what he is talking about, he understands basketball a lot better than Justin.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby shaqpak34 on Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:48 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
shaqpak34

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:40 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:And his voice, no man should be able to go that high on a note. I just wish he would drop the act, those chris rock jokes about him were funny. One thing I have stopped calling him though is gay, because he dated britney, alyssa milano, and now cameron diaz. So I think that's enough proof that he straight, or at least bi.

well i thot he was [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] when he was with NSYNC...but i hafta admit hes better off solo...hes not AS gay anymore...and his music is better than before...im not sayin its GOOD im jus sayin its BETTER...yea u get tha point but i dont like havin ppl like him reppin' tha NBA....why not some poppy rap star like Nelly or P Diddy?
The only reason that happened is because the Neptunes produce a lot of his songs and Pharell gives him some credibility for "urban" audiences. If he didn't have that backing, he'd be nowhere.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LakerFanFor16Years on Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:30 am

Isn't Justin a Sixers fan?
Last edited by LakerFanFor16Years on Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LakerFanFor16Years

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:49 am

Yea... He's from Philly, i think... I remember him in the 4 on 4 tourney durin all-star weekend.
LakersGyrl2003

Return to NBA Discussion