Kenneth Faried = Next Dennis Rodman?

Kenneth Faried = Next Dennis Rodman?

Postby The Rock on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:00 pm

If I had to pick someone in the league today who can come closest to the worm it would be this guy.

Last year as a rookie: 22 mins, 10 pts, 7.7 rebs, 1 block
This year : 26 mins, 13.2 points, 10 rebs

He can guard multiple positions including swing players. Doesn't have much of a post game but can knock down an open 15 footer with some regularity. This guy's rebounding, energy and defense is off the charts. Non stop motor

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Re: Kenneth Faried = Next Dennis Rodman?

Postby The Original 81 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:55 pm

We like Jordan Hill's energy, but man Faried is Hill on speed, with much better overall game. Every rebound opportunity he seems to be right in the middle of...
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:06 am

Faried is undersized, has an awesome motor and has a terrific knack for rebounds ... and it is where comparaisons with Rodman should stop ... overall D and B-Ball IQ of Faried are thousand miles away from Dennis ones...

I'm very confused by the " can knock down an open 15 footer" part ... he barely shot outside the paint and rightfully so
wcsoldier81

Postby The Rock on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:41 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Faried is undersized, has an awesome motor and has a terrific knack for rebounds ... and it is where comparaisons with Rodman should stop ... overall D and B-Ball IQ of Faried are thousand miles away from Dennis ones...

I'm very confused by the " can knock down an open 15 footer" part ... he barely shot outside the paint and rightfully so

Hes shooting 44% from 16-23 feet. Not bad

http://hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Kenneth%20Faried

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Tragic on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:28 pm

Hill is just as good when it comes to rebounding IMO. Offensively I'll give the edge to Faried. Defensively it's a toss up because I don't recall Faried being an above average shot blocker.
Tragic

Postby strikemode14 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:57 pm

Simply put no....they are so far apart that if I gave reasoning it would be an insult to rodman
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:58 pm

i don't buy the comparison. but faried can play for sure
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:48 am

I buy the comparison. I buy it!! Faried is a straight up BALLER that doesn't get much attention. But his athleticism and knack for the ball is pretty unique. He has way more offensive game than Rodman though...
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby gcclaker on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:20 am

No. But he is Dennis Rodman Lite.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:18 pm

He has a ways to go defensively to be on Rodman's level but I like his game overall and he's just getting started. I love his energy and enthusiasm. He is the ultimately hustle guy. He definitely gave us fits last year in the playoffs.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby The Rock on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:06 pm

He just won the Western Conference Player of the week award

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby sharko on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:26 pm

No, Rodman couldn't score to save his life. Plus the other thing about Rodman is that he was a little colorful to say the least.
sharko

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:23 pm

sharko wrote:No, Rodman couldn't score to save his life. Plus the other thing about Rodman is that he was a little colorful to say the least.

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Phil XI on Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:45 pm

sharko wrote:No, Rodman couldn't score to save his life. Plus the other thing about Rodman is that he was a little colorful to say the least.

Not true and you must not have seen Worm in his Detroit days. He shot over 50% and averaged about 9ppg off the bench as a 7th man. It wasn't until Chicago that his offense completely disappeared.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby LALShowtime on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:17 am

i never knew Faried was the NCAA's all time rebounding leader

pretty crazy he fell so low in the draft, i've watched a couple Nuggets game this year and i never knew he was that good. Dude is a one man force.
LALShowtime

Postby Lakeshow24 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:25 am

Doc Brown wrote:

:man10: :man10: :man10:
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:21 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

:man10: :man10: :man10:
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby Johnnyboy on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:45 am

Rodman averaged over 18 rebounds a game more then 1 time. He also played GREAT defense and was an above average passer.

Until Faried can equal Rodman in at LEAST ONE of the stats mentioned above, I don't think this comparison has any merit.
Johnnyboy

Postby Forward Three on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:20 pm

/\ generational comparisons like this are always hard/impossible, in Rodman's day there weren't anywhere near as many skywalkers as there are today, players used to play above the rim, now they're playing above the box, and I'm not trying to discredit Rodman's accomplishments or anything, but I don't think you're going to see anyone averaging 18rpg any time soon for reasons unrelated to individual player talent.
Forward Three

Postby Johnnyboy on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:21 pm

Forward Three wrote:/\ generational comparisons like this are always hard/impossible, in Rodman's day there weren't anywhere near as many skywalkers as there are today, players used to play above the rim, now they're playing above the box, and I'm not trying to discredit Rodman's accomplishments or anything, but I don't think you're going to see anyone averaging 18rpg any time soon for reasons unrelated to individual player talent.

Did you get a chance to watch him play?

In the Late 90's people were playing "above the box". I agree if you were referring to the late 80's though...But he still put up 14reb per in the late 90's when he was out of his prime. Not many people averaged 18per in that era. I actually think rebounding was DOWN compared to now. Less possessions. If Rodman played today, I think he would rebound the same amount if not more.
Johnnyboy

Postby strikemode14 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:30 pm

Forward Three wrote:/\ generational comparisons like this are always hard/impossible, in Rodman's day there weren't anywhere near as many skywalkers as there are today, players used to play above the rim, now they're playing above the box, and I'm not trying to discredit Rodman's accomplishments or anything, but I don't think you're going to see anyone averaging 18rpg any time soon for reasons unrelated to individual player talent.

I disagree here...Honestly as old as rodman right now I still think he could get in a nba game and grab 10 rebs. Now I don't think he could last a whole nba season but just a handful of games he still be effective. I remember maybe it was like 2-3 years back he played in a eurpoean championship game and grabbed 15 rebs lol.

Phil jackson who has played michael, scottie, kobe, shaq etc when asked who is the most athletic player he has played against he said rodman. For example ben wallace was putting up 12-15 rebs a game for a few seasons and ben was NOWHERE and I can't stress that enough nowhere near the athlete rodman was.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby John3:16 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:16 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:i don't buy the comparison. but faried can play for sure
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Return to NBA Discussion