Kenyon Martin wants out of NJ

Kenyon Martin wants out of NJ

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:15 am

LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Vasashi17 on Sat Aug 09, 2003 1:22 am

Wow....this is pretty big....he has a 5 million dollar contract this season, which would really make it easy to move him. I don't know if the Nets wanna move him though...I would really try hard to re-sign him, but it will be interesting how this pans out in the next couple of months
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby echo nation on Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:38 am

hmm

the lakers shoudlt ake him...

dotn talk about the cap becuase we'll have his bird rights and be able to extend him too

lol can you imagine THREE players w/ huge contracts?

wow

i hope KMart and NJ work it out... i like the team theyve got going over there
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby Shaq Fan on Sat Aug 09, 2003 7:30 am

I heard their would be a trade:

NJ gets:
Rasheed Wallace

Portland gets:
Kenyon Martin

www.hoopshype.com

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:47 am

According to the New York Daily News, there is also another trade concerninng Rasheed Wallace and Ruben Patterson or Arvydas Sabonis for Kenyon Martin adn Dikembe Mutombo. That trade seems to benefit Portland more. :boxing1:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:26 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:According to the New York Daily News, there is also another trade concerninng Rasheed Wallace and Ruben Patterson or Arvydas Sabonis for Kenyon Martin adn Dikembe Mutombo. That trade seems to benefit Portland more. :boxing1:

The man is right, and here is the link:

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregon ... 320070.xml

i think this trade would be good for the nets, bcuz they can finally unload dikembe mutombo, and they will get 2 or 3 good players in return. I dont know why Martin wants out of new jersey, that is quite surprising, especially after they re-signed kidd! And they got mourning too! I would hate to see martin leave the nets and go to portland, i dont see him being successful in portland or in the west coast at least, he wouldnt be an all star! I hope they trade him somewhere in the east!
FabFourLakers

Postby SWOL on Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:02 pm

W :smash: W
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby whats golden on Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:23 pm

Let me just throw this up in the air - Devean George for K-Mart. The Nets would be mad to do it but it works on real GM so i can't see y we don't have a go. K-Mart would be more than able to play the 3.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:37 pm

no way in hell does nj go for that, stop underating kmart please, no duh he can play the 3 hes a legit 4
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:41 pm

whats golden wrote:Let me just throw this up in the air - Devean George for K-Mart. The Nets would be mad to do it but it works on real GM so i can't see y we don't have a go. K-Mart would be more than able to play the 3.

hahahaha wow dude your actually right, cuz under the salary cap rules, it works but why in the BLUE HELL would the nets do that? I dont see why the nets couldnt offer him a legit contract extension, i think he wanted 6 years 87 million, but they offered him like 6 years 66 million. HOW PATHETIC! They can offer Kidd 100 million for 6 years and offer 34 million less to K-Mart, a rising star in this league?

I hope K-Mart doesnt leave NJ i would HATE to see him go to PORTLAND OF ALL THE TEAMS!
FabFourLakers

Postby echo nation on Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:45 am

if KMart wans out and NJ somehow manage to not only dump Mutumbo but also gain a talent like Sheed, they'd walk out a winner
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:19 am

yeah plus they would get patterson or someone
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby Roscoe on Sun Aug 10, 2003 10:25 am

Kenyon Martin is not worth 87 million dollars. I know he's a young player, but from what I've seen from him, 87 million is too much for him. That's more money than Elton Brand will make, and Elton is by far a better player than Kenyon...

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:04 pm

Roscoe wrote:Kenyon Martin is not worth 87 million dollars. I know he's a young player, but from what I've seen from him, 87 million is too much for him. That's more money than Elton Brand will make, and Elton is by far a better player than Kenyon...

I disagree. Elton is NOT by far a better player than Kenyon. I believe Kenyon will become a better player down the road bcuz he has experience in the playoffs and hes been to the finals twice. That will help him and he will prolly go to the playoffs everry year as long as he stays in the east.
FabFourLakers

Postby Jamaican Lakerfan on Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:43 pm

FabFour, Kenyon disappeared each year in the Finals; in year one, he passed the blame off to Van Horn, and in year two had no one to blame. He is a 3 who lacks a reliable jump shot, and gets exposed when playing against the better 4s in the west.

Brand is a true warrior who is effective even against the best competition, and will do whatever it takes to win. Any one who can play on the Clippers and can improve is a damn good player. Sign and trade this over-rated [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]!
Jamaican Lakerfan

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:51 pm

Both Brand and K-Mart are aggressive warriors, but I have to give the edge to Brand. How he still commits himself to the CLippers after virtually being the only good star player on the team...that's amazing. He gives you a game each night, as KTLA 5 Commentator Ralph Lawler always says. He's a role model to look up to, an intimidating fierce beast at 6'8", and plays rough D.

K-Mart, on the other hand, has a semblance of game to Brand's, but with J-Kidd creating shots for him, he should be able to do more than just that. Brand gives his game every night, while Martin gets inconsistent and screams and just blows his head off at times. That just pisses the fans off. He has a good attitude and feel for the game, but his behavior off the court is not too good. Demanding a trade in public from one of the best eastern conference teams--that's stupid now. Well, if Portland does trade for him, he definitely fits to be a JailBlazer.

BRAND BABY!!! WOO-HOO!!! :wow:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby echo nation on Mon Aug 11, 2003 1:02 am

i love KMart but in all honesty, i would rather gave Brand

Brands definately more solid

his 20-10 numbers will be a lifetime average

believe that, playa
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:40 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:Both Brand and K-Mart are aggressive warriors, but I have to give the edge to Brand. How he still commits himself to the CLippers after virtually being the only good star player on the team...that's amazing. He gives you a game each night, as KTLA 5 Commentator Ralph Lawler always says. He's a role model to look up to, an intimidating fierce beast at 6'8", and plays rough D.

K-Mart, on the other hand, has a semblance of game to Brand's, but with J-Kidd creating shots for him, he should be able to do more than just that. Brand gives his game every night, while Martin gets inconsistent and screams and just blows his head off at times. That just pisses the fans off. He has a good attitude and feel for the game, but his behavior off the court is not too good. Demanding a trade in public from one of the best eastern conference teams--that's stupid now. Well, if Portland does trade for him, he definitely fits to be a JailBlazer.

BRAND BABY!!! WOO-HOO!!! :wow:

Well i wasnt saying Kenyon was better right now, but i believe he can become better in the future. But i think u and echo nation jus proved me wrong. I had actually forgotten about his past when he used to get flagrant fouls and argue with refs, and he DOES get exposed when playin against the powers of the west! And he did have a good finals against the lakers, but he got screwed playin against the spurs...and now im beginniing to think WHY did he ask for that much money when he hasnt really proved himself? He was jus basing it off of what he did in the regular season, i mean yes he improved but he cant keep on turning off and on during the playoffs. But remember Kenyon was an IMPORTANT part of the team's trip to the finals, especially when he dominated boston and detroit. You gotta look at all the pros and cons of kenyon, but i think his pros cancel out the cons. But man if he gets traded to the blazers, he will REGRET that for the rest of his NBA career, and hopefully if he does get traded, he plays in portland for a year, and then goes to a worthy team that can make him a superstar.
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion