Kenyon Martin: why u no want me?

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:22 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Don't like Martin. Bad attitude.

I don't want a guy with a bad attitude.....

I would rather have Blatche

So give me the guy with the bad attitude.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby gcclaker on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

...coworkers wondering why I am laughing my ___ off just now. :bow:
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:56 pm

Ok -- Doc, way to take it out of context. It was bad attitude plus the other things. Not just one thing. smart arss. And one is more of a thug attitude, the other is just immature. One has talent, the other doesn't.

But I guess you are too dense and focused on trying to show your superiority than anything else.... :man12:
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:08 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Ok -- Doc, way to take it out of context. It was bad attitude plus the other things. Not just one thing. smart arss. And one is more of a thug attitude, the other is just immature. One has talent, the other doesn't.

But I guess you are too dense and focused on trying to show your superiority than anything else.... :man12:

Pwned.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby TIME on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:23 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Ok -- Doc, way to take it out of context. It was bad attitude plus the other things. Not just one thing. smart arss. And one is more of a thug attitude, the other is just immature. One has talent, the other doesn't.

Please do not resort to personal insult. If you think he missed or twisted the point in your post point it out, but insulting his intelligence is out of line.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:40 pm

So which has talent?
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby purp n gold on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:10 pm

I'd rather have Earl Clark
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby ThizGuy83 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:44 am

Doc Brown wrote:

this gave me a good laugh...
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby Congo Cash on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:43 am

Pass... McRoberts is a better fit but they got rid of him because there is no minutes, and the last thing we need is another guy who will miss 20-30+ games...
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby JSM on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:42 am

Congo Cash wrote:Pass... McRoberts is a better fit but they got rid of him because there is no minutes, and the last thing we need is another guy who will miss 20-30+ games...

Doesn't matter if McBob was a good fit or a horrible fit, he wasn't going to get minutes from Brown regardless of whether there were minutes available or not. And as a GM, when you have a player on the hook for $3m and he's not going to play, you've got to move him.

K-Mart wouldn't even cost the team half that. That's a lot cheaper of an insurance policy. Not to mention Brown would actually play K-Mart because of his defensive capabilities at multiple positions.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby LAKEROC on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:58 am

Kenyon Martin and Leandro Barbosa for vet.minimum deals! Get those deals done!

And, Mitch, if there is anything left in that wand, and you can pull off another 'home run", how about

Chris Duhon+ Andrew Goudelock+ Robert Sacre+ pick+cash for Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes!!!

I'd love to see Mycheal Thompson's reaction, if we did that one. :man10:
LAKEROC

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:00 am

LAKEROC wrote:Kenyon Martin and Leandro Barbosa for vet.minimum deals! Get those deals done!

Fixed.
Doc Brown

Postby khmrP on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:11 am

LAKEROC wrote:Chris Duhon+ Andrew Goudelock+ Robert Sacre+ pick+cash for Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes!!!

why stop at that, Blake/Ebanks for Durant :jam2:
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:59 am

The bottom line here is that he said he wouldn't sign for the minimum. I'm guessing Mitch told him hey look we'd love to have you if you want to come down but we aren't going to give you the extra money we've got.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby rockorego on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:08 am

therealdeal wrote:The bottom line here is that he said he wouldn't sign for the minimum. I'm guessing Mitch told him hey look we'd love to have you if you want to come down but we aren't going to give you the extra money we've got.

i say pay the man the money, if it's means sticking him on durant or lebron and slowing them down, i think
that's a good investment.
rockorego

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:13 am

rockorego wrote:
therealdeal wrote:The bottom line here is that he said he wouldn't sign for the minimum. I'm guessing Mitch told him hey look we'd love to have you if you want to come down but we aren't going to give you the extra money we've got.

i say pay the man the money, if it's means sticking him on durant or lebron and slowing them down, i think
that's a good investment.

I've supported Martin coming to LA just for his defensive ability.

But that extra little bit of cash can really come in handy if the Lakers need to fill a hole later in the season. Right now Martin is a luxury. As much depth as he could provide, he needs us more if he wants to win.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Kobe Bryant 8 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:18 am

LAKEROC wrote:Chris Duhon+ Andrew Goudelock+ Robert Sacre+ pick+cash for Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes!!!

Just stop. Please.

"Who's got it better than us? NOOOOOO BODY!" - Jim Harbaugh

Hip-Hop Fans: DJ KB8 Presents - Felt 3: The Remixes (Coming Soon)
Kobe Bryant 8
CL's Voice of Reason

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:21 am

K-Mart is willing to come off the bench for a winning team, he's considering LA and his family are still in LA. Take the vet offer from the Lakers, K-Mart.
Kobe8Fan

Postby hollywood swinger on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:56 am

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:

Just stop. Please.

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man4: :man10:
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby hollywood swinger on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:57 am

khmrP wrote:

why stop at that, Blake/Ebanks for Durant :jam2:

:man10: :man10:
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby gradymac on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Hate K-Mart with a passion don't want him here...lets see what Earl Clark can do. anyways it doesn't matter our team is stacked!
gradymac

Postby ben_ready on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:47 pm

No Kmart go with barbosa and t mac
Tmac doesn't have to play every game which means ebanks gets some min and barbosa means no blake which is perfect and we have Earl Clark as insurance big we set yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:41 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10: @those deals ... the start of the season can't come soon enough :man11:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:52 pm

ben_ready wrote:No Kmart go with barbosa and t mac
Tmac doesn't have to play every game which means ebanks gets some min and barbosa means no blake which is perfect and we have Earl Clark as insurance big we set yell™

I actually agree, but I'd prefer Dominic McGuire or Terrance Williams with Barbosa over T-Mac. But I think T-Mac would help us too, but we'd be better off with another young guy like Hill & Meeks to balance put the lineup. McGuire is especially interesting to me. He's already a great defender & learning from Ron & Kobe, could become a really special player.

K-Mart isn't necessary at all unless Dwight is going to miss significant time. & even then, Jamison played 33 MPG last season. If Pau has to step up & play 36 MPG he's proven he can do that. That only leaves 28 MPG to fill in the frontcourt. Jordan Hill would obviously see the bulk along with Clark or Sacre getting a shot, but adding a capable backup SF(or Ebanks stepping up) would allow Ron to play some PF for us. He's done it & been fairly successful at it in the past.
lakersin4

Postby ben_ready on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:59 pm

Mcquire would be excellent can't have enough defensive aces on the team. I just like the way tmac runs the second unit he showed me alot with the hawks. But if mcquire is out there we should seek him out yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion