Kenyon Martin: why u no want me?

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby Kobe8Fan on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:21 am

K-Mart is willing to come off the bench for a winning team, he's considering LA and his family are still in LA. Take the vet offer from the Lakers, K-Mart.
Kobe8Fan

Postby hollywood swinger on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:56 am

Kobe Bryant 8 wrote:
LAKEROC wrote:Chris Duhon+ Andrew Goudelock+ Robert Sacre+ pick+cash for Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes!!!

Just stop. Please.

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man4: :man10:
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby hollywood swinger on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:57 am

khmrP wrote:
LAKEROC wrote:Chris Duhon+ Andrew Goudelock+ Robert Sacre+ pick+cash for Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes!!!

I'd love to see Mycheal Thompson's reaction, if we did that one. :man10:

why stop at that, Blake/Ebanks for Durant :jam2:

:man10: :man10:
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby gradymac on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 pm

Hate K-Mart with a passion don't want him here...lets see what Earl Clark can do. anyways it doesn't matter our team is stacked!
gradymac

Postby ben_ready on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:47 pm

No Kmart go with barbosa and t mac
Tmac doesn't have to play every game which means ebanks gets some min and barbosa means no blake which is perfect and we have Earl Clark as insurance big we set yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:41 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10: @those deals ... the start of the season can't come soon enough :man11:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:52 pm

ben_ready wrote:No Kmart go with barbosa and t mac
Tmac doesn't have to play every game which means ebanks gets some min and barbosa means no blake which is perfect and we have Earl Clark as insurance big we set yell™

I actually agree, but I'd prefer Dominic McGuire or Terrance Williams with Barbosa over T-Mac. But I think T-Mac would help us too, but we'd be better off with another young guy like Hill & Meeks to balance put the lineup. McGuire is especially interesting to me. He's already a great defender & learning from Ron & Kobe, could become a really special player.

K-Mart isn't necessary at all unless Dwight is going to miss significant time. & even then, Jamison played 33 MPG last season. If Pau has to step up & play 36 MPG he's proven he can do that. That only leaves 28 MPG to fill in the frontcourt. Jordan Hill would obviously see the bulk along with Clark or Sacre getting a shot, but adding a capable backup SF(or Ebanks stepping up) would allow Ron to play some PF for us. He's done it & been fairly successful at it in the past.
lakersin4

Postby ben_ready on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:59 pm

Mcquire would be excellent can't have enough defensive aces on the team. I just like the way tmac runs the second unit he showed me alot with the hawks. But if mcquire is out there we should seek him out yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

Postby VincentTH on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:18 pm

I don't know, but I don't like having a Laker that is constantly kissed in the neck!!!
VincentTH

Postby kray28 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:12 pm

That lip tattoo was disgusting to look at... :disagree:
kray28

Postby easyguy on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:19 pm

Before
after
easyguy

Postby XXIV on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:19 pm

I think it looks worse now, can't even tell what's on it.
XXIV

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:50 pm

What did he do to the lips tat? Turn it into a crown?
Kobe8Fan

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:04 pm

kray28 wrote:That lip tattoo was disgusting to look at... :disagree:

I'll admit it, this is the reason I don't want him :man10: Personally I like Dwight and Drew, for being clean. But I like Shaq's Superman shield and the Undertaker's arms, so bad a**. Those are artwork. I don't like Martin, Barnes, Birdman and Cherokee Parks (the worst). It looked purposeless scribbles to me.

Don't bypass the swear filter- Barnstable
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:10 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:I'll admit it, this is the reason I don't want him :man10: Personally I like Dwight and Drew, for being clean. But I like Shaq's Superman shield and the Undertaker's arms, so bad a**. Those are artwork. I don't like Martin, Barnes, Birdman and Cherokee Parks (the worst). It looked purposeless scribbles to me.

Updated....

Reasons you don't want Martin....

1.) He has a lip tattoo and tattoo's in general

2.) Earl Clark brings the average age of team down

3.) He's a "fugazy"

4.) Crazy stalker chicks would stab D12

5.) He's a freak
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby nthydro on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:54 pm

Can you imagine running this lineup defensively:

PG = (Meeks?)
SG = Kobe
SF = Metta
PF = Martin
C = Howard

Offensively it wouldn't be too great but defensively that's pretty damn scary.
nthydro

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:20 pm

nthydro wrote:Can you imagine running this lineup defensively:

PG = (Meeks?)
SG = Kobe
SF = Metta
PF = Martin
C = Howard

No offense but these days, the only thing scary about Kobe defensively is how horribad he is at that end of the floor.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby JGC on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:24 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:

PG = (Meeks?)
SG = Kobe
SF = Metta
PF = Martin
C = Howard

No offense but these days, the only thing scary about Kobe defensively is how horribad he is at that end of the floor.

He was great against Olympic competition.
JGC

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:I'll admit it, this is the reason I don't want him :man10: Personally I like Dwight and Drew, for being clean. But I like Shaq's Superman shield and the Undertaker's arms, so bad a**. Those are artwork. I don't like Martin, Barnes, Birdman and Cherokee Parks (the worst). It looked purposeless scribbles to me.

Updated....

Reasons you don't want Martin....

1.) He has a lip tattoo and tattoo's in general

2.) Earl Clark brings the average age of team down

3.) He's a "fugazy"

4.) Crazy stalker chicks would stab D12

5.) He's a freak

I think we can include that one on he is a freak :man9:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:30 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:

PG = (Meeks?)
SG = Kobe
SF = Metta
PF = Martin
C = Howard

Did you watch the Olympics at all? Kobe was a monster on that end. Now he doesn't go all out like World Peace every game because he simply can't do it anymore without getting gassed and having nothing left for the offensive end. To say he's horribad is just ridiculous. Kobe is still an above average defender.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:

PG = (Meeks?)
SG = Kobe
SF = Metta
PF = Martin
C = Howard

Did you watch the Olympics at all? Kobe was a monster on that end. Now he doesn't go all out like World Peace every game because he simply can't do it anymore without getting gassed and having nothing left for the offensive end. To say he's horribad is just ridiculous. Kobe is still an above average defender.

Bruh, he averaged 17.5 minutes per game in London where hand checking is allowed...while playing alongside guys with ridonkulous athleticism out on the perimeter...oh yeah, and to top it all off, the man had Tyson Chandler behind him protecting the rim.

Kobe is capable of having a solid defensive performance or two here and there, but these days he's almost always pretty much awful at that end of the floor. The fact that he was named to the All-D team last year while Iguodala wasn't shows how blind the folks who voted are. FWIW, it's not Bryant's fault, the man is simply 33 going on 34.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:42 pm

^ To be fair, he'll have Tyson's bigger, better brother behind him this season.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:44 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ To be fair, he'll have Tyson's bigger, better brother behind him this season.

Oh I agree, but his minutes will go up, he's got Nash out back with him instead of CP360, and hand checking while not completely banned (despite the myth that it is) is certainly, shall we say "frowned upon" if abused. I think Dwight will help to mask everyone's (Nash, Kobe and Pau) shortcomings at the defensive end, but Bryant hasn't been an All-D player since 2010. He shows flashes every now and again, but more often than not he's pretty awful at that end of the floor. Again, it's not his fault, he's simply aging while guards only continue to get stronger and faster. It's not just that Bryant is old, guys with Westbrook's speed simply haven't existed until now.
Last edited by bruddahmanmatt on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Center Court on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:45 pm

the only reason not to want Martin is because there is no place for him and Jamison/Hill is already a perfect combo off the bench.

If you watched the Clippers game, you saw nothing but really good play from him given the player he is these days... he played great D, hit the mid range shot, and played 3 positions often closing closing games.

He's not some cancerous player and he's not a bad fit. He is just flat out not needed. I love having a bully that won't put up with ish. I know we already have Ron, but Martin would bring even more toughness. For as much as Howard gets hacked and as much as people try to push Pau around, he'd be a welcome addition in terms of toughness. I'm sure Kobe and Dwight would feel the same way. It's not likle he could turn this franchise into the Thuggets or Jailblazers...
Center Court

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:57 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
therealdeal wrote:^ To be fair, he'll have Tyson's bigger, better brother behind him this season.

Oh I agree, but his minutes will go up, he's got Nash out back with him instead of CP360, and hand checking while not completely banned (despite the myth that it is) is certainly, shall we say "frowned upon" if abused.

Oh I'm not saying he'll be a great defender, just pointing out that he'll be (or at least look) fine.

I think he'll actually be better than we've seen the last couple years in LA. Kobe is generally receptive to the team around him. When he plays in the All-Star game, he plays differently than when he plays with LA. Part of that is because it's only one game in limited time, but some of that is because he loves playing with guys that are young and athletic. The last two years have been pretty negative and he sacrificed his defense greatly to be able to carry the load defensively. There's a few things that'll help keep him honest defensively:

1. Dwight will be there and he'll feel more confident out there.
2. Nash is there to take part of the load offensively, giving him more general energy.
3. Meeks is here to give him legitimate rest in games.

Im not saying he'll ever be great again, but he'll be better than we've seen from him these last couple years. Playing with Howard and Peace, he's going to want to prove he's still a good defender in his own right. I'd say he'll at least be decent this season.

Back on topic though, I think this thread has run it's course. I can see Martin getting an offer pretty soon here for more than the minimum. I think that's what he's waiting for. Especially since he won't get a ton of time in LA. Then again he probably won't get a ton more time in Brooklyn either. Who knows? Maybe we'll keep getting lucky here.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion