Kenyon Martin: why u no want me?

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:01 pm

ShuxAms wrote:Not that I want KMart but in my opinion having a team full of "classy guys" is both unrealistic and lame. A lot of players are outwardly "thug" or just weird. The Bulls teams had Rodman of all people who was like a thug turned cross-dresser with different colored fro's every game. I think guys like that added personality to the team and I felt guys like Luc Longley were pretty lame in contrast.

Most players are tatted up, drink, smoke weed, frequent strip clubs and casinos, and even throw orgies so I don't think someone like KMart is much worse than the majority just because he can't control his emotions sometimes. We're all human and emotions get the best of all of us sometimes. I get mad and say all kinds of things I regret from time to time and it'd suck if I had millions of people scrutinizing everything I ever said. There's a million reasons to want to kick someone's behind and a million different ways to say it, just because someone chooses to elaborate themselves in a thuggish manner doesn't make it any worse. Sorry for the rambling lol.


Don't get me wrong, I think it's useful to have an "enforcer" on the team, who is sometimes a little rough around the edges. But we have that in Artest, and some guys become a distraction on a championship team if they carry it too far. Barnes had some issues last year, and so did Artest. Kenyon has a history of causing trouble with players outside the court, and he doesn't make up for it enough on the court for it to be worth it. Artest brings ALOT to the table defensively, and Rodman was incredible on the court. Barnes wasn't worth the antics, and IMO Kmart isn't either.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 11:59 pm
Location: Hollywood

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby Center Court on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Aonex wrote:Hopefully the Nets sign him.


Hopefully... because he'd be a big addition to either OKC or Miami.
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3170
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Celtics Interested In Kenyon Martin

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:24 pm

Celtics Interested In Kenyon Martin

Image

By Sam Amick

Meanwhile, the player who Barnes would essentially be replacing, Martin, remains unemployed despite his reputation as a tenacious defender and enforcer. He's the sort of veteran that could come in handy for any contender, but here's the crucial rub: It appears that most, if not all, of the interested teams want him to sign a veteran's minimum deal.

The Lakers and Celtics have shown interest previously, but the question now is whether the 34-year-old Martin will hold out until midseason or perhaps even retire if he doesn't get a deal and a situation to his liking. His leading competitor in this corner of the free-agent market is journeyman forward Louis Amundson, the 29-year-old who came off the bench for Indiana last season.


http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... index.html
User avatar
Kobe8Fan

 
Posts: 10401
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:49 am
Location: Covina, CA

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby LooN3y on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:25 pm

barbosa, k-mart, and t-mac,


do it mitch all for the vets min, given that we can ship all those 2nd rounders and atleast either duhon or blake.


t-mac = point forward on your bench, given that barbosa is a straight scorer, k-mart for insurance.


i dont trust ebanks
User avatar
LooN3y

 
Posts: 893
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:31 pm

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:
ShuxAms wrote:Not that I want KMart but in my opinion having a team full of "classy guys" is both unrealistic and lame. A lot of players are outwardly "thug" or just weird. The Bulls teams had Rodman of all people who was like a thug turned cross-dresser with different colored fro's every game. I think guys like that added personality to the team and I felt guys like Luc Longley were pretty lame in contrast.

Most players are tatted up, drink, smoke weed, frequent strip clubs and casinos, and even throw orgies so I don't think someone like KMart is much worse than the majority just because he can't control his emotions sometimes. We're all human and emotions get the best of all of us sometimes. I get mad and say all kinds of things I regret from time to time and it'd suck if I had millions of people scrutinizing everything I ever said. There's a million reasons to want to kick someone's behind and a million different ways to say it, just because someone chooses to elaborate themselves in a thuggish manner doesn't make it any worse. Sorry for the rambling lol.


Don't get me wrong, I think it's useful to have an "enforcer" on the team, who is sometimes a little rough around the edges. But we have that in Artest, and some guys become a distraction on a championship team if they carry it too far. Barnes had some issues last year, and so did Artest. Kenyon has a history of causing trouble with players outside the court, and he doesn't make up for it enough on the court for it to be worth it. Artest brings ALOT to the table defensively, and Rodman was incredible on the court. Barnes wasn't worth the antics, and IMO Kmart isn't either.


This.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7849
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby lakersin4 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:35 am

LooN3y wrote:barbosa, k-mart, and t-mac,


do it mitch all for the vets min, given that we can ship all those 2nd rounders and atleast either duhon or blake.


t-mac = point forward on your bench, given that barbosa is a straight scorer, k-mart for insurance.


i dont trust ebanks

T-Mac & Barbosa really are great compliments to each other on the bench unit.. Then we have the young shooter Meeks. Can't see us adding 2 or 3 more players at this point tbh. As much as I like K-Mart, these 2 guys would fill bigger needs for us imo.
lakersin4

 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby LakerFan1980 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 am

Get him now!
WE PAY CASH FOR HOUSES!
www.WeBuyCAproperty.com
User avatar
LakerFan1980

 
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:42 pm

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby JSM on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:01 am

Alright K-Mart, it doesn't look like you're going to get an offer in the states of anything other than the minimum. Two contenders and a playoff team are interested in you. Lakers, Cs, and Knicks. Kidd has already made you more money in your career than you ever deserved, so the minimum is just fine for your services. Given the options, I hope he makes the right decision.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby JSM on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:20 am

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Free agent F Kenyon Martin's preference is to play in NBA in 12-13 & he turned down offer from Israel Maccabi,his agent Andy Miller tells Y!

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo

Kenyon Martin will only take minimum NBA contract in a "comfortable" team role,his agent Andy Miller tells Y! Nothing imminent with any team

He's finally realized he's only going to get the minimum...that's the first step.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby Tobias Funke on Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:30 am

Sometimes reality takes a while to set in.

Is Pietrus still holding out for more money? Him I could understand, he's like 5 or 6 years younger than Martin, and this is probably his last chance at a contract thats anything more than the minimum.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

- 24
User avatar
Tobias Funke

 
Posts: 5696
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:13 am

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby therealdeal on Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:07 am

At this point unless we could find a way to be rid of Clark then eff it. Money is already tight. He should have hopped on when he had the chance, but with training camp around the corner, lost teams aren't going to want to add many people.

Dump Blake and Clark on someone for a conditional 2nd rounder. Then sign Martin, cut Goudelock, and sign Odom and Barbosa.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby jadej2 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:27 pm

therealdeal wrote:At this point unless we could find a way to be rid of Clark then eff it. Money is already tight. He should have hopped on when he had the chance, but with training camp around the corner, lost teams aren't going to want to add many people.

Dump Blake and Clark on someone for a conditional 2nd rounder. Then sign Martin, cut Goudelock, and sign Odom and Barbosa.


Yeah, but it won't happen plus I can't stand Martin anyways, and Barbosa is not coming here either.
jadej2

 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby therealdeal on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:10 am

Okay :man10:. Well you cleared that up.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby revgen on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:38 am

We have enough PF's and SF's. If we need to add a frontcourt player, a backup C would make more sense.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21723
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby jadej2 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:25 pm

therealdeal wrote:Okay :man10:. Well you cleared that up.


You damn right I did, and I'm not laughing.
jadej2

 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby therealdeal on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:28 pm

jadej2 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Okay :man10:. Well you cleared that up.


You damn right I did, and I'm not laughing.

:scurred:

I'm not trying to tease you man, just saying. Anyone who comes in here and makes absolute comments without a smile is going to get called on it.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby jadej2 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:33 pm

therealdeal wrote:
jadej2 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Okay :man10:. Well you cleared that up.


You damn right I did, and I'm not laughing.

:scurred:

I'm not trying to tease you man, just saying. Anyone who comes in here and makes absolute comments without a smile is going to get called on it.


I understand I'm just a little sensitive in that topic because I was teased a lot in school so bad I nearly took out one of the kids who made fun of me, but the teacher broke it up, and since then I had anger issues, and get defensive if people try to make fun of me. So I'm trying to relax more on that issue,
jadej2

 
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby therealdeal on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:54 pm

Well. I'm glad you know and understand what's going on then.

All I'm saying in this situation is that nothing is set with the Lakers lineup. I think there's a lot to be said for what they did this off-season and it proved to me that the team is going to constantly try to improve their roster. That means if we can find a way to get rid of some of these younger guys for more proven veterans, I'm betting we do it.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:55 pm

We're all friendly here. :man1:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Doc Brown wrote:We're all friendly here. :man1:


Yeah unless you throw out a dumb or not well thought out "take" and then everyone kills you... :man10:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6501
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby Finwë on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Doc Brown wrote:We're all friendly here. :man1:

:man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8078
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Kenyon Martin Upset He Can't Get NBA Job

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Kenyon Martin Upset He Can't Get NBA Job

Image

By Marc J. Spears

The NBA season is nearly a week old, and Kenyon Martin doesn't know why he still can't find a job in the league. He helped the Los Angeles Clippers during their playoff run last season. His knee issues of the past no longer seem to trouble him. And he's even willing to take a contract for the league minimum.

So why hasn't any team called wanting to sign him?

"There is a notion about me that is not accurate at all – I don't know who started it or where it came from – that people can't control me," Martin told Yahoo! Sports. "I don't understand. Have I had my issues like a lot of other people? Yeah. But I'm getting back that people think they can't control me, that if I don't play I'm going to explode, or I can turn a locker room.

"In 12 years there was not one day where I told one guy to dislike anybody. If you ask guys who I've played with that know me, they know what it is and know I'm about winning basketball games and competing."

Martin came off the bench to average 5.2 points, 4.3 rebounds and 22.2 minutes in 42 games with the Clippers while backing up Blake Griffin last season. The Clippers didn't attempt to re-sign Martin in the offseason. The New York Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, Dallas Mavericks, Brooklyn Nets, Atlanta Hawks and San Antonio Spurs expressed interest at the start of free agency, sources said, but no NBA team has offered a contract – even a non-guaranteed deal – to Martin.

Martin, 34, had hoped to sign with a title contender. Now, he'll be open to joining any NBA team.

"If someone calls me tomorrow, I don't care who it is, whether it's losing or winning at this point," Martin said. "If someone calls me tomorrow and wants me to come in, I'm going. Guys are going down and [teams] are like, 'Well, we are going to stick with what we got.' I'm like, 'Really?' I started questioning myself, 'Am I that bad of a guy?' "


Martin wonders if his reputation as an emotional player who has been known to speak his mind is being held against him.

"Am I emotional? Yeah, but that's what made me who I am," Martin said. "Is that too much or did I not do enough? Do I have my flaws? Yes. But have I done things the right way on and off the court? Yeah."

Portland Trail Blazers general manager Neil Olshey was the Clippers GM last season when he signed Martin. He thinks Martin's intense side can be "misperceived."

"He demands excellence from everyone around him," Olshey said. "He expects coaches to be prepared. He expects his teammates to compete at the same high level that he does. The one thing about Kenyon, if guys are not performing and are not as intense or focused on playing winning basketball, he's not reluctant to let them know about it. And I think that can be misperceived at times."

Olshey said he was "thrilled" with Martin's impact on the Clippers last season.

"We don't win the Memphis series [without Martin] and we certainly wouldn't have finished as high as fifth in the Western Conference without Martin," Olshey said. "His ability to impact the game by guarding multiple positions, switching pick-and-rolls, blocking shots and protecting the rim was an element we really didn't have and it made us unique. I was thrilled with Kenyon in Los Angeles. He was a good teammate."

Olshey's Blazers already have a full roster with 15 players. And he thinks teams needing to develop younger forwards probably wouldn't have interest in Martin playing a reserve role. Martin just hopes he gets a call from someone soon.

"I understand I'm not bigger than the game," Martin said.


http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kenyo ... 11709.html
User avatar
Kobe8Fan

 
Posts: 10401
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:49 am
Location: Covina, CA

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:02 pm

I still would like him on the team, especially now that he's hungry to prove his worth, but we don't need him as much as we need someone like Delonte West.

Heck not even Delonte, but a more serviceable 3rd string PG.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby karacha on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:10 pm

We should sign him so that Brown can play him at small forward.



Length.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37447
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Kenyon Martin To Lakers?

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:12 pm

karacha wrote:We should sign him so that Brown can play him at small forward.



Length.

He can play SF. He done that a lot with the Clips last year. Helped them a great deal.
User avatar
Kobe8Fan

 
Posts: 10401
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 1:49 am
Location: Covina, CA

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.