KEON CLARK TRADED TO UTAH FOR A FUTURE 2ND ROUND PICK

REPORTED ON XTRA SPORTS 1150
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Re: KEON CLARK TRADED TO UTAH

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:39 pm

swolswol wrote:KEON CLARK TRADED TO UTAH FOR A FUTURE 2ND ROUND PICK

Was sacramento milking cows when they made that trade?

Haha nice try swolswol, didnt believe it for a second.
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers4PEAT on Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:42 pm

Wurdizzlez!
Lakers4PEAT

Postby HndsmCelt on Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:45 pm

Yep it's gospel. Can anyone say salary dump?
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby SWOL on Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:46 pm

HEY YO, THE KINGS SITE BANNED ME AFTER 30 MIN ... WHAT GIVES?
SWOL

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:13 pm

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/Kings_Tra ... 01-58.html

The Sacramento Kings announced today that the team has traded center/forward Keon Clark and two future second-round picks to the Utah Jazz in exchange for a future second-round draft pick.

Second round picks!!!!! They could have at least gotten a conditional first round pick!!!!
zetaw00d

Postby HndsmCelt on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:16 pm

swolswol wrote:HEY YO, THE KINGS SITE BANNED ME AFTER 30 MIN ... WHAT GIVES?

Based on the posts I saw of yours Im supprised you lasted that long.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt

Postby SWOL on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:17 pm

MAN I JUST WANTED TO RAP WITH YA'LL :man5:
SWOL

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:18 pm

swolswol, Do you play ball at central park? Its in La Palma. Do you play ball at all?
zetaw00d

Postby SWOL on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:20 pm

LETS ANALIZE

KINGS ADDED
C BRAD MILLER

KINGS SUBTRACTED
C KEON CLARK
F/C SCOTT POLLARD
F HEDO TURKOGLU
F/G JIMMY JACKSON
G MATEEN CLEAVES

I THINK THOSE 5 COULD MAKE THE PLAYOFFS OUT IN THE EAST
SWOL

Postby SWOL on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:22 pm

YES .... AND ON OCCAISION AT THE CAGE (CENTRAL PARK)

NOT LATELY TOO MUCH....ITS HARD TO KEEP ON THE MUSCLE.....WHEN YOU BALL ON THE REGULAR.....I STILL GET MY RUN ON
SWOL

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:25 pm

swolswol wrote:LETS ANALIZE

KINGS ADDED
C BRAD MILLER

KINGS SUBTRACTED
C KEON CLARK
F/C SCOTT POLLARD
F HEDO TURKOGLU
F/G JIMMY JACKSON
G MATEEN CLEAVES

Hahhaha!!
Nah they wouldnt be better then the cavs!!!
zetaw00d

Re: KEON CLARK TRADED TO UTAH

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:37 pm

swolswol wrote:KEON CLARK TRADED TO UTAH FOR A FUTURE 2ND ROUND PICK

[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] man. I cant believe it. I just went o NBA.com and there it was on the lil ticker. Im sorry man but it jus sounded so hard to believe! WHAT A STUPID TRADE!

Now they have aging Vlade Divac and unproven Brad Miller(even tho he was an all star, we all knew it shoulda been Kenyon Martin). And what are they gonna do when Vlade retires? they'll only have one center. And good point, they got rid of too many players. They are not as deep but still deep enough. Hedo, JJ, Mateen, Pollard and Clark...yea thaats pretty damn good haha.
FabFourLakers

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:40 pm

hey atleast the jazz got SOMEBODY!

haha they got majorly screwed this summer. They lost malone and stockton, they never had a chance with brand, they couldnt get arenas, their offer was matched by tha clipps for maggette, andre miller ditched them for denver, olowokandi surprised everyone by goin to minny, and they are stuck with Ostertag's 8 million a year contract! and oh yea ostertag is tha highest paid player on the Jazz's current roster! and i think Keon Clark got screwd cuz he coulda opted out of his contract with the kings but then he decided to stay, and then he gets traded to the JAZZ!
FabFourLakers

Postby zetaw00d on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:50 pm

They might be able to resign Jimmy Jackson. If he hasnt signed any where else!!!! Hhahah, now they might also sign Dennis Rodman!!!!
zetaw00d

Postby BDG on Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:53 pm

This is the stupidest trade I've seen in years. Keon has mad potential and he's DEFINITELY worth more than a 2nd round pick! The Jazz definitely will suck next year, but Keon for #30 pick? I don't think so.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:12 pm

swolswol wrote:LETS ANALIZE

KINGS ADDED
C BRAD MILLER

KINGS SUBTRACTED
C KEON CLARK
F/C SCOTT POLLARD
F HEDO TURKOGLU
F/G JIMMY JACKSON
G MATEEN CLEAVES

I go to class for 2 hours and look what happens....I got lucky when Payton first announced that he would sign with the Lakers, cuz if I had turned my radio off just a couple of minutes earlier, I would have been in class while it was going on...anyways getting back to topic...Swol you definitely have a point...they lost alot of their depth that they bragged about sooooooo much before. If Miller doesn't work out like they hoped, I would love to see how the Queens fans would now view their motto: "In Petrie We Trust" If it wasn't for Geoff, Miller wouldn't have come to SAC, so you can thank your GM for that move :man10: Oh yeah, they adore the Maloofs sooo much, but I guess the Maloofs are even getting stingy. They are probably begging MTV to have another season of Real World at the Palms again......2002 and the Lakers is what they will be remembered for and thats only because it involved the Lakers....that window that everybody keeps talking about, now includes steel bars...enjoy the view of the Lakers holding another trophy up in June while you keep tellin yourselves that you WERE better.......in 2002 :man12:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:44 pm

Wow, Sacramento just made the dumbest move ever... :man4:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Coppertop on Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:47 pm

But they just saved 11 million in taxes and salary. Not bad from a business standpoint.
Coppertop

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:19 pm

In paper it is the dumbest move ever!!!

Through a financial standpoint, it was a must move by the Queens. They have to free up some cash since they signed Brad Miller.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby BDG on Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:55 pm

Ok, free up cash by dumping Mateen Cleaves and another guy! But not KEON! He had major potential... now he'll be at the bottom of the league with the Jazz.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby HndsmCelt on Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:25 pm

Relax and watch the magic of Petrie happen. This was a salary dump to make room to sign atleast 2 more players. I'd say the odds of Jim Jackson getting signed just looked up but Petrie always has suprises. (How many of you thought picking Pedja in the first round was dumb when he did it, or trading away J Will?)

A word of advice if you are ever at the Palms playing poker and Geoff Petrie sits donw at the table... cash out.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:46 pm

Yeah, Peja gets injured in one playoff run and Bibby has done much...my point is where has it gotten you.....4 straight playoff exits (3 coming at the hands of us) In fact Peja and Bibby were both there and still couldn't get the job done against no D Dallas. Face it, your team is sitting on a roster of 10 right now and you guys are all injury prone. Even if you get JJ back, does it make you as competitive as a SA or Minnesota....HELL NO! Live with the fact that your present doesn't look good, and now your future doesn't either. Vlade is gone soon. Miller is not proven against competition in the West and doesn't have a legit back-up (only Shaq could pull that off). You only have one true SG in Christie and he's not known for offense. You have 2 short guards in Bibby and Bobby and at this point the better one is coming off the bench. What the hell are you guys gonna do, when bigger guards keep postin you guys up...i'm gonna love it when Payton and Kobe take it to you. Behind Peja, you have Wallace that hasn't done [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] yet. Behind an injury prone Webber, you have Funderburke and a rookie.

Please understand that you guys are [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and your deep bench is no more. You guys are nowhere near two deep. If JJ walks, and he should, you guys are gonna add either washed out players like Rodman or your training camp invitees to fill up the rest of your roster. Your future relies on an unproven Miller, an always injured and unclutch Webber, a one hit wonder Bibby, a soon to be gone Bobby and Vlade, a SG that only raises his arm not to shoot, but to salute his fugly wife and an I can't do it by myself Peja who is also a defensive liability. Came close in 2002 and you should have done it that year cuz its all over now...if the Lakers ever go down, SA and Minnesota look 10 times better than you do...cuz at least their PF can stay off the IL.
Last edited by Vasashi17 on Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Tue Aug 05, 2003 7:47 pm

HndsmCelt wrote:Relax and watch the magic of Petrie happen. This was a salary dump to make room to sign atleast 2 more players. I'd say the odds of Jim Jackson getting signed just looked up but Petrie always has suprises. (How many of you thought picking Pedja in the first round was dumb when he did it, or trading away J Will?)

A word of advice if you are ever at the Palms playing poker and Geoff Petrie sits donw at the table... cash out.

BS/BIASED COMMENTS.. ur sorry team just got even sorrier and u know it WOW U GOT MILLER BIG DEAL U LOST WAY MORE
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 05, 2003 10:44 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:Yeah, Peja gets injured in one playoff run and Bibby has done much...my point is where has it gotten you.....4 straight playoff exits (3 coming at the hands of us) In fact Peja and Bibby were both there and still couldn't get the job done against no D Dallas. Face it, your team is sitting on a roster of 10 right now and you guys are all injury prone. Even if you get JJ back, does it make you as competitive as a SA or Minnesota....HELL NO! Live with the fact that your present doesn't look good, and now your future doesn't either. Vlade is gone soon. Miller is not proven against competition in the West and doesn't have a legit back-up (only Shaq could pull that off). You only have one true SG in Christie and he's not known for offense. You have 2 short guards in Bibby and Bobby and at this point the better one is coming off the bench. What the hell are you guys gonna do, when bigger guards keep postin you guys up...i'm gonna love it when Payton and Kobe take it to you. Behind Peja, you have Wallace that hasn't done [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] yet. Behind an injury prone Webber, you have Funderburke and a rookie.

Please understand that you guys are [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and your deep bench is no more. You guys are nowhere near two deep. If JJ walks, and he should, you guys are gonna add either washed out players like Rodman or your training camp invitees to fill up the rest of your roster. Your future relies on an unproven Miller, an always injured and unclutch Webber, a one hit wonder Bibby, a soon to be gone Bobby and Vlade, a SG that only raises his arm not to shoot, but to salute his fugly wife and an I can't do it by myself Peja who is also a defensive liability. Came close in 2002 and you should have done it that year cuz its all over now...if the Lakers ever go down, SA and Minnesota look 10 times better than you do...cuz at least their PF can stay off the IL.

Holy [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]

Coudl you have put that in any better words?

That was the sweetest words ive ever heard bout the kings.

MAD PROPS VASASHI17!

What are those damn kings thinking!

I dunno man gerald wallace has shown some potential in some stretches, watch out for him. But god damn what did the kings do? why did they dismantle their strong bench? I mean they were talkin bout how they bolstered their front court with miller, vlade, webber and clark, and now they get rid of clark and they already have webber out til december...do they expect to win games still? I'd be surprised if they still won alot of games like they always have without webber.
FabFourLakers

Next

Return to NBA Discussion