Nets Make Trade Call To Celtics On Kevin Garnett (Pg. 4)

Re: Clippers Interested In Kevin Garnett? (Pg. 2)

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:04 pm

therealdeal wrote:I'm pretty sure the Clippers have said they'll never trade with us ever again. :man10:

And if they got KG I would never utter the word "Clipper" again.
Chillbongo

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:20 pm

rumor is cs watn bledsoe/jordan lol!! for kg but cs sayd there not interested in there package maybe thats why they been showcasin jordan/bledsoe :man10:
PurpleNGold1

Postby GinoDB on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:23 pm

they are probably starting to think Bledsoe will bolt as soon as his rookie contract is over
GinoDB

Clippers Not Pursuing Kevin Garnett

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:14 am

Clippers Not Pursuing Kevin Garnett

By Broderick Turner

The Clippers are not pursuing Boston Celtics center Kevin Garnett despite what has been reported, according to NBA officials who were not authorized to speak publicly on the matter.

Furthermore, the Clippers’ front office has not had any conversations with Boston’s front office about a rumored deal in which L.A. would use back-up point guard Eric Bledsoe and small forward Caron Butler as the centerpieces to acquire Garnett, said the officials.

Bledsoe is the starting point guard while Chris Paul remains out with a bruised right kneecap that has kept him out of 10 of the last 12 games and will sideline him again Monday night against the Washington Wizards.

The Clippers already struggle when Bledsoe goes to the bench for a rest and would be without a point guard if Bledsoe was moved.

The same NBA officials said that the Clippers can’t even consider moving Bledsoe until the team sees if Paul signs a contract extension with L.A. this summer.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow ... 7341.story
Kobe8Fan

Nuggets Interested In Kevin Garnett

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:17 am

Nuggets Interested In Kevin Garnett

By Mark Kiszla
The Denver Post

Kevin Garnett is everything the Nuggets need. Heck, his scowl alone is more intimidating in the post than all 21 feet of center on Denver's roster.

So what's the problem with pushing the idea of a blockbuster trade between Denver and Boston?

Wielding the hammer of a no-trade clause, K.G. wants nothing to do with the Nuggets.

And, in a nutshell, that represents the big issue for franchise executive Masai Ujiri in building a championship contender: The Nuggets are stuck in the middle. Clowns to the left of them. Jokers to the right.

NBA stars view Colorado as a flyover state. It's not as remote as Alaska. Denver, however, lacks the bright-lights lure of New York, Miami and Los Angeles. Worse, the Nuggets are stuck in the middle of the standings. They are a respectable team, to be sure. But not appealing enough to tempt an aging big man to pull up roots in Boston and move to the Rocky Mountains in the hope of finding one more championship ring.

Kevin Garnett?

It's a nice dream.

Through his representatives, Garnett has let it be known he has no current interest in the Nuggets.

Don't be surprised, however, if Garnett is gone from Boston before the league's Feb. 21 trade deadline. And that's why the Nuggets must continue to monitor the situation.

The Celtics are in full damage control, shooting down the rumor of a proposed deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, with Doc Rivers going so far to label the trade talk as silly.

Now
that's funny. Why?

There's no doubt Boston, whose playoff prospects have been dealt crippling blows by season-ending injuries to guard Rajon Rondo and forward Jared Sullinger, is listening to trade inquiries from around the NBA. The Nuggets have called. And they have enough young, reasonably priced talent to get the attention of Boston president of basketball operations Danny Ainge.

But discussions between Denver and Boston can go nowhere, unless Garnett shows interest in Colorado. At this point, there is none.

That's why it's pointless to discuss if the Nuggets' main chip in a trade proposal would be Andre Iguodala, Kenneth Faried or Danilo Gallinari.

The Nuggets' interest in Garnett, however, reveals this is a roster not yet ready to contend for the championship. Although Denver won for the seventh straight time and climbed to within percentage points of Memphis for the No. 4 seed in the Western Conference, the Nuggets' defensive lapses were troubling in the 112-104 victory against Milwaukee, when the body of Bucks center Samuel Dalembert seemed as if it been taken over by the spirit of Wilt Chamberlain.

"We have skills that can make us a very good defensive team. And I think that's going to be where the challenge is going to be 75-80 percent of the time in the next month or two. It's how we can keep the defensive intensity and focus," Nuggets coach George Karl said.

Is Denver tough enough for a long playoff run? Not at this point.

Garnett is fiercely loyal to the uniform on his chest. It's the intensity that makes him so attractive as a player, even at age 36. He doesn't want to leave Boston. He also knows it could happen.

"I bleed green, I die green, that's what it is," Garnett told media members who cover the Celtics. "But it is a business, and when that crosses the paths, I deal with it. Trades are part of this league."

Long the laughingstock of the league, the Clippers are now viewed as a hot destination because of the beach and point guard Chris Paul, though not necessarily in that order. What's more, injured L.A. veteran Chauncey Billups and Garnett have been close since both were prep phenoms.

So what I'm trying to say is: Maybe the Nuggets' best shot at a title is if Andre Miller has a BFF who's also a disgruntled NBA superstar.

Mark Kiszla: 303-954-1053, mkiszla@denverpost.com or twitter.com/markkiszla

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_22528549
Kobe8Fan

Kevin Garnett Addresses Trade Rumors

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:21 am

Kevin Garnett Addresses Trade Rumors

By Baxter Holmes
Globe Staff

Trade rumors are swirling, as per usual this time of year, with the NBA trade deadline a couple of weeks away (Feb. 21). And in the current media landscape -- driven by text messages, Twitter, and other bite-size forms of rapidly moving information -- these rumors tend to run a little more rampant than usual.

Celtics forward Kevin Garnett, who has a no-trade clause in his contract, has been involved in those rumors, specifically with The Sporting News reporting that, according to sources, the Clippers are interested in Garnett in a deal that could include Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe.

On Tuesday, Garnett addressed those rumors -- and he started out by indicating that under Danny Ainge, the Celtics president of basketball operations, any change would not be surprising.

"Danny made it very, very obvious, since day one when he brought Ray (Allen) and myself here to align with Paul (Pierce), that he's going to do whatever's best for the organization," Garnett said. "He's always made that apparent, so I've always understood that.

"I bleed green, I'll die green," Garnett continued. "That's what it is. But it is a business. When it crosses that path, I'll deal with it. Trades are apart of this league. Every year you're going to hear things. If I were y'all (the media), I wouldn't read too much into it."

Celtics coach Doc Rivers made it a point to note how many trade rumors that make the rounds in said current media landscape aren't based on any shred of truth. Rivers pointed out that any trade rumors were coming from the media, not from the Celtics organization.

"Sometimes some of the stuff that happens is just silly," Rivers said. "It really is. When I wake up in the morning and I hear a trade rumor that I haven’t heard in my office, that’s silly. And that’s what happens."

Rivers added that trade rumors aren't new; they're just often coming from people who, as he said, "sit behind a computer."

"The problem is now that you guys have to actually report it, which you shouldn’t do, but you do and it becomes an issue," Rivers said.

As for how he deals with players when trade rumors are floating around, Rivers said he doesn't actually have to do anything.

"Fortunately for our guys, a lot of them are veterans," Rivers said. "They’ve been through the drill. They know how it is. They know now that if you suggest, 'Hey, what about if someone did this?' it becomes factual.

"I think what’s changed in my time ... is it used to be factual. Now, someone can say something, they can create the news and they can report on the news that they created. And I think that is pretty silly.

"Nowadays, you can't believe half the things you read or hear, and it's sad."

So, what does Rivers want to happen with this roster?

"I like our roster," he said.

So, nothing?

"That's your answer," he said.

Ainge has said that Boston will fill its two remaining roster spots before the Feb. 21 trade deadline.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball ... rit=834394
Kobe8Fan

Re: Nuggets Interested In Kevin Garnett (Pg. 3)

Postby therealdeal on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:25 am

Gasol for Garnett.

Rondo's out anyway and we need a PF, right?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Re: Sources: Clippers & Celtics Discussing Kevin Garnett Trade

Postby Kobe8Fan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Sources: Clippers & Celtics Discussing Kevin Garnett Trade

By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc Spears | Yahoo! Sports

HOUSTON — The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers have been discussing a deal to trade forward Kevin Garnett for guard Eric Bledsoe and center DeAndre Jordan, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

There are differing factions within the Celtics and Clippers on the prudence of the deal, but the two teams have been in regular contact about the possibility, sources said.

Nevertheless, the biggest hurdle could ultimately center on Garnett's willingness to waive his no-trade clause and accept a deal to the Clippers.
Because of his home in Malibu, and a close relationship with Clippers guard Chauncey Billups, there's hope that Garnett, a 15-time All-Star, could be coaxed into accepting a trade if an agreement is reached, sources said.

The Clippers had expressed reluctance to several teams about parting with Bledsoe until they were certain that Chris Paul would re-sign this summer to a long-term deal, sources said. The organization has become increasingly confident that Paul will stay, but every franchise decision is made within the context of how it will impact Paul, and how he feels about it.

There's strong sentiment within parts of the organization that Garnett gives the Clippers a chance to compete for a championship this season. He could spread the floor for the Clippers and open up the lane for Blake Griffin. In the short term, the re-emergence of Billups could cut into Bledsoe's minutes the rest of this season.

For the Celtics, Bledsoe, 23, and Jordan, 24 would give Boston two young players with significant upside to start a revamp of the roster. With Rajon Rondo returning next season from an ACL injury, it's unclear how the Celtics would proceed, but it could ultimately give them a chance to use a healthy Rondo in trade scenarios.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--sourc ... 06411.html
Kobe8Fan

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:22 am

I CALLED IT! :jam2: :man10:
PurpleNGold1

Postby 432J on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:31 am

:man10: at the clippers

they're on an amazing run this season and now they want to break up part of the team to acquire KG, who is well known as an "in your face" type player and won't hesitate to call people out on their play. don't they think this might have some effect on the chemistry they've built up over the course of this season?

if it ain't broke, don't fix it
432J

Postby TIME on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:30 am

432J wrote::man10: at the clippers

they're on an amazing run this season and now they want to break up part of the team to acquire KG, who is well known as an "in your face" type player and won't hesitate to call people out on their play. don't they think this might have some effect on the chemistry they've built up over the course of this season?

if it ain't broke, don't fix it

The Clippers have never been anything but broke. Any effort to bring in someone like KG is an effort to fix what's still broken. He could put them over the top in a playoff run. Who do you want next to Ginger and CP3 in the playoffs if you're a Clipper fan; Jordan or Garnett? It's not even close.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:37 am

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
When asked if there was any team or circumstance that he would drop his trade clause for, Kevin Garnett simply said: "No."
Expand

"If its up to me I will live and die green," KG said. When reminded its up to him, KG said: "OK then. So what are we talking about it?"
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA
Kevin Garnett clearly stated under no circumstance would he waive his no-trade said not what he came back for
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

/thread
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:54 pm

Kevin Garnett Will Not Waive His No-Trade Clause

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

Kevin Garnett clearly stated under no circumstance would he waive his no-trade said not what he came back for

https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/statu ... 2416342017

"If its up to me I will live and die green," KG said. When reminded its up to him, KG said: "OK then. So what are we talking about it?"

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/stat ... 8952698880

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/stat ... 7516180480

gary washburn ‏@GwashNBAGlobe

Kevin Garnett said there is no team he would be willing to waive his trade clause for. "I bleed green," he said #celtics #clippers

https://twitter.com/GwashNBAGlobe/statu ... 0127246336
Kobe8Fan

Clippers Confident They Can Change Kevin Garnett's Mind

Postby Kobe8Fan on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:57 pm

Clippers Confident They Can Change Kevin Garnett's Mind

Clippers confident they could change Kevin Garnett's mind about a trade if the Celtics tell him they want to do it, a source tells Y! sports

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/stat ... 5708596224
Kobe8Fan

Re: Kevin Garnett Will Not Waive His No-Trade Clause (Pg. 3)

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:24 pm

He might've tempted to join a contender. He won't waive it to join a loser, though.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby therealdeal on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:28 pm

:man10:

They're trying to move Bledsoe attached to Jordan... Good move because of that idiotic contract they gave him (Jordan). But what'll happen when they lose Paul inevitably to injury? Or if he leaves?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:26 pm

Yep, that Jordan contract is looking pretty stupid about now.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:00 pm

therealdeal wrote::man10:

They're trying to move Bledsoe attached to Jordan... Good move because of that idiotic contract they gave him (Jordan). But what'll happen when they lose Paul inevitably to injury? Or if he leaves?

They'll surely find another sick back up PG....watch them somehow get Brandon Jennings or some other tight back up PG...they're good at snatching up point guards.
FabFourLakers

Postby purp n gold on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:06 pm

So their reason for giving the big contract to DeAndre was to appease Griffin... And once Griffin signed to a long term max deal they're ready to trade Jordan. Yup, sounds like the Clippers. #scumbagfranchise
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:23 am

KG isn't leaving.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:02 am

I hate KG antics but dam is this dude Loyal, never complained publicly during his losing days in Minn and just went hard at it on the court and now even as his Bos team window is pretty much closed still loyal to the core. I bet thats something rarely ingrained in most of these younger players, they seem to pretty much plan their exit route within the 1st several years in the league.
khmrP

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:08 am

V.V.V.V.V. wrote:Yep, that Jordan contract is looking pretty stupid about now.

its stupid only cause of the coach IMO, DJ doesn't get to play in the 4th cause Del Negro is also falling in love with small ball and its gona come back and bite him in the butt come playoff time. Obviously its cause of his FT shooting but its not like they go to him in the post now a TRULY moronic signing is Mcgee, why the F would you give a guy $10mill/yr to come off the bench? If he wasn't starting material they should've never bothered signing him in the 1st place, this is Nene ver. 2 but with a lot less skill and only a few mill less in terms of regrettable signing.
khmrP

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:40 pm

For now, the Los Angeles Clippers have terminated talks with the Boston Celtics on a Kevin Garnett for Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan trade, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Celtics have been eager to continue the conversation on the deal, but league sources said the talks will remain dormant unless Clippers star Chris Paul pushes the issue with management.

Several prominent executives and coaches with championship contenders told Yahoo! Sports they believe the Clippers would become more dangerous with Garnett.

Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro is a proponent of the deal, too, sources said.

The Celtics won't consider moving Garnett to the Clippers for any other combination of players, and won't revisit the talks unless Bledsoe and Jordan are in the package, sources said.

Boston hasn't approached Garnett to waive his no-trade clause without an agreement in place, but there's strong belief he would ultimately agree to it. What's more, Boston could simply trade Paul Pierce and leave Garnett with even less desire to finish his career with a young, rebuilding roster.

[Watch: Possible movers at NBA trade deadline]

Boston is balancing the parallel considerations of finding a way to add to its core for a playoff run, or disassembling its aging veterans to start the process of rebuilding again.

If the Celtics trade Garnett before the deadline, they would move Pierce, too, sources said. For the Celtics, the chance to get Bledsoe and Jordan could be a prelude to trying to package Pierce in a possible deal to the Atlanta Hawks for Josh Smith, sources said.

The Hawks also have discussed sending Pierce onto a third team in some previous conversations around the league. The Nets are trying to make a deal for Smith, too, and have offered Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, and either a future first-round pick or the draft rights to Croatian Bojan Bogdanovic, sources said.

[url]sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nba-trade-deadline-buzz--clippers-end-kevin-garnett-trade-talks-for-now-030112108.html;_ylt=AwrHgZSKQCRRhH0AUgELcykA;_ylu=X3oDMTFoZnA0Y2I3BG1pdANCbG9nIEluZGV4IGJ5IEF1dGhvcgRwb3MDMQRzZWMDTWVkaWFCbG9nSW5kZXg-;_ylg=X3oDMTFrODdzYXZuBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANhdXRob3IEcHQDc2VjdGlvbnM-;_ylv=3[/url]
dwighthowardsdad

Re: Kevin Garnett For Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan Talks Dead

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:48 am

I don't understand the continued line here... Garnett made it clear he wasn't going to allow himself to be traded...
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Clippers & Celtics Reconvene On Kevin Garnett Trade

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:29 am

Clippers & Celtics Reconvene On Kevin Garnett Trade

Steve Bulpett ‏@SteveBHoop

Have avoided reporting every hiccup because much is slim sourced. But hearing of a new push within the Clippers to do something w/Celts.

https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/3 ... 0138943489

Steve Bulpett ‏@SteveBHoop

To clarify: Some people w/in Clips want to do the Celt deal. Not sure others in organization are onboard. Some internal issues here.

https://twitter.com/SteveBHoop/status/3 ... 8858088448
Kobe8Fan

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion