Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby purp n gold on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Please they're completely different situations. The Lakers/Suns was never really a rivalry. They beat us when we had a mediocre basketball team. We haven't met them in the postseason in what three stars? Miami just beat Boston for the second year in a row and what did Allen do? Signed with the team that sent him home twice in a row.

Well I tend to agree with you when you say that Suns vs Lakers isn't a rivalry, especially for LA. But to my knowledge, the Suns & Lakers have always been in the same (Pacific) division, since the 80s at least. We play them multiple times per year and usually in the playoffs. By Phoenix's standards, we are their nemesis. LA does not share the same sentiment, but there is hatred there.

On the other was BOS-MIA really a rivalry until LeBron came over? Not really... So I don't think these are rich rivalries in the traditional sense, both for different reasons. But each match up has had tension in recent years, so player transaction was bound tobe tricky. Only difference is that the Suns gave Nash an early retirement gift, and Boston expected Allen to fade into the background.

I think we're on the same page for the most part, I just don't want to give KG any shred of credibility. He is a douche. :man10:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

Postby thkthebest on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:15 pm

Well, to be fair, the Suns were pretty much irrelevant and not many people were expecting Nash to return. It's not like the Suns were pushing the eventual champs to 7 games or like Nash was leaving 2 other all stars.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:41 pm

purp n gold wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Please they're completely different situations. The Lakers/Suns was never really a rivalry. They beat us when we had a mediocre basketball team. We haven't met them in the postseason in what three stars? Miami just beat Boston for the second year in a row and what did Allen do? Signed with the team that sent him home twice in a row.

Well I tend to agree with you when you say that Suns vs Lakers isn't a rivalry, especially for LA. But to my knowledge, the Suns & Lakers have always been in the same (Pacific) division, since the 80s at least. We play them multiple times per year and usually in the playoffs. By Phoenix's standards, we are their nemesis. LA does not share the same sentiment, but there is hatred there.

On the other was BOS-MIA really a rivalry until LeBron came over? Not really... So I don't think these are rich rivalries in the traditional sense, both for different reasons. But each match up has had tension in recent years, so player transaction was bound tobe tricky. Only difference is that the Suns gave Nash an early retirement gift, and Boston expected Allen to fade into the background.

I think we're on the same page for the most part, I just don't want to give KG any shred of credibility. He is a douche. :man10:

Haha I feel you. I have respect for him as a player, but I can't stand him either. He's such a little [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. Only picks on players smaller than him. Never takes on guys his size. I'd love to see him do that stupid little scream of his to Dwight.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:29 pm

I am on Ray's side on this one.

I like bradley I really do..with that said allen help get the boston celtics a ring. I know ray isn't as good as he was back then but I still take him over bradley all day every day. There were rumblings of trading him in the past and him and rondo were beefing. No way if I am allen I stay there with a potential of being traded to a worse situation then miami.

I know people say oh in miami you are on the bench but you are on the bench due to the fact wade is on the team which he is a far superior player then bradley who i doubt allen thinks is better then him.

KG is a douche for this. Just because allen went to another team he doesn't deserve to be cast out like that.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Tobias Funke on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:04 am

Can't say I blame KG much for his reaction. They considered each other family, and his reaction sounds like it stems from feeling hurt and betrayed.

They had their problems, but all teams do. And to be fair, Rondo was involved in many trade rumors over the last few years as well. I doubt they were as serious as the Ray rumors, but still, they both had to deal with it. Kinda reminds me of Pau's reaction to the (vetoed) trade compared to Lamar's.

They probably see Ray as a coward/ spiteful for running to the Heat as well, because after losing to them two years in a row, they probably would've preferred seeing him in purple and gold. I could be wrong since I didn't follow his free agency much, but Ray didn't seem to exhaust (or even explore) his options before he signed with the enemy.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:29 pm

Iceberg Slim wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:First thing he's done in a while I respect....... Allen is a prima donna, temperamental attention seeker who was threatened by a younger player and then ran to his team's biggest rivals for a bit role.......

Is this just Celtic hate coming out or are you being serious? Ray-Ray is pretty chill in my book.

I'm with Roo on his comments. No Celtic hate in my opinion about Ray either, that's how I see him.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Allen is a prick. I don't know if that makes him chill or not.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:22 am

therealdeal wrote:Allen is a prick. I don't know if that makes him chill or not.

Agreed. Can't stand him. Only player I hate more is probably his former teammate Paul Pierce.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Juronimo on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:14 am

Iceberg Slim wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:First thing he's done in a while I respect....... Allen is a prima donna, temperamental attention seeker who was threatened by a younger player and then ran to his team's biggest rivals for a bit role.......

Is this just ****** hate coming out or are you being serious? Ray-Ray is pretty chill in my book.

Remeber "1 more in LA"? Real chill. **** him and everyone that ever played on that team.
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:30 am

^ Fox and Shaw played for the Celtics.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:00 pm

therealdeal wrote:^ Fox and Shaw played for the Celtics.

I thought it was understood that they're the exception to the rule, and Bill Sharman as well. Other than that.... :mad1:
RIP Nelson Mandela
July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013
Juronimo

Postby halekulani on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:26 pm

kg might be a dick at times but he's loyal to death.
halekulani

Postby therealdeal on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Juronimo wrote:
therealdeal wrote:^ Fox and Shaw played for the Celtics.

I thought it was understood that they're the exception to the rule, and Bill Sharman as well. Other than that.... :mad1:

:man10:

my bad, just had to get my smart*** comment in.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion