Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby Balance&Options24 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:31 pm


Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen




MIAMI -- Ray Allen still considers Kevin Garnett a friend even if their communication has apparently been cut off.


On Friday, Garnett said he is no longer speaking to longtime Boston Celtics teammate Allen after he signed with the rival Miami Heat over the summer.






Speaking Saturday after his first official practice with the Heat, Allen said he was disappointed at Garnett's sentiment.


"That's a shame," Allen said. "I'm a good person to talk to on the phone. ... I've been in weird trade situations the last few years. You always felt you had one foot in and one foot out so I can't worry about it."


Allen signed a two-year deal with Miami for just a little over $6 million, spurning an offer from Boston that was believed to be worth twice as much.


"I don't have Ray's number anymore," Garnett said Friday. "I'm not trying to communicate. I'm just being honest with everybody in here. ... It's just what it is."


Garnett had lobbied Allen aggressively over the summer when Allen was making a decision.

"I don't know how many miles apart we are, sometimes the translation gets messed up," Allen said. "We're friends regardless of what happens. He's got to do what he's got to do up in Boston."


Allen's new teammates, of course, were offering support.


"(Garnett) doesn't need to be talking to our team anyway, so it's all good," Dwyane Wade said. "(Allen) doesn't look too bad in a Heat uniform, at first it was weird but now I'm getting used to it."


The Heat host the Celtics to open the season on Oct. 30.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
User avatar
Balance&Options24

 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby 432J on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:37 pm

:man10:
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4786
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby Rooscooter on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:39 pm

First thing he's done in a while I respect....... Allen is a prima donna, temperamental attention seeker who was threatened by a younger player and then ran to his team's biggest rivals for a bit role.......
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“The prospect of domination of the nation's scholars by Federal employment, project allocations, and the power of money is ever present - and is gravely to be regarded." Dwight Eisenhower

"Socialism in general has a record of failure so blatant that only an intellectual could ignore or evade it" Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Rooscooter

 
Posts: 23011
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm
Location: Chandler AZ and Andalué

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby kenzo on Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:25 pm

Fight, fight :boxing1:
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5973
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:47 pm

What did one butthole say to the other butthole...





Nothing, they aren't talking to each other
Image
User avatar
D.B. Cooper

 
Posts: 6853
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:03 pm
Location: C.L

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby BDG on Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:47 pm

I'm actually with KG on this one ... fine Ray, you didn't get along with Rondo and wanted to leave ... but going to the team that just beat you in a 7 game series? Can't really respect that move.

Haha I think Ray thinks they're still friends when they're clearly not anymore.
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40955
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby GNC on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:03 pm

Never thought I'd see the day when I actually agree with KG. Today is that day.
Image
User avatar
GNC

 
Posts: 16402
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: Next to Kate Upton

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby lakersStan24 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:13 pm

I can't blame ray though he had to do whats best for ray alleneither stay in boston and lose for the rest of your career or go to the current NBA Champs in Miami & try and get 1 more ring, and it's not like he joined the Lakers or anything
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
User avatar
lakersStan24

 
Posts: 744
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby KB24 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:57 am

BDG wrote:I'm actually with KG on this one ... fine Ray, you didn't get along with Rondo and wanted to leave ... but going to the team that just beat you in a 7 game series? Can't really respect that move.

Haha I think Ray thinks they're still friends when they're clearly not anymore.

while I see where you are coming from, lets not forget that Boston has been shopping Allen around for a couple of years now...and they wouldn't have hesitated to ship his butt out for something useful.

If it was a money move, I would get it. Allen though just didn't feel like the team appreciates him and thats a tough cookie.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55547
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby revgen on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:32 am

^Why wouldn't they shop him? He and Rondo weren't getting along. I don't blame Ainge for trying to ship Allen out before the bleep hit the fan.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21729
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:16 am

He was basically for OJ Mayo at the latest trade deadline but one side ( if I remember correctly Boston) backed off at the very last moment
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6427
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby ben_ready on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Meh, they'll be cool when they retire, and kg wants to be able to play him like he does everyone else, doesn't want to become a Teddy bear like Oakley became against Jordan yell™
great "scott"! you're too "green", and not "worthy" enough to taste the "magic" "kareem"(cream)/You flew the "coop" "west" so don't fuss just drive the "buss"(bus),while i eat my "chick" n' "stu"(chicken stew) in the aisle,"back 2 back" with "riles" my favorite laker squad
ben_ready

 
Posts: 288
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:37 pm
Location: los angeles

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby nameant on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:08 am

Ray has always lacked that killer instinct and that's why he never won anything until he was placed with other great players that had that killer instinct. The dood just doesn't get it. KG might be a douche but he's always had that killer instinct and who can blame him for not wanting to talk to this chump? Signing with the enemy is shameful and pathetic.
User avatar
nameant

 
Posts: 25329
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:01 pm

waiting for that hard foul that KG gives him when their teams play again
.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
User avatar
pound4pound1

 
Posts: 6342
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:47 am
Location: 818 LAKER NATION

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby Juronimo on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:18 pm

D.B. Cooper wrote:What did one butthole say to the other butthole...





Nothing, they aren't talking to each other


:man10:

That's exactly how I feel.
Image

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
User avatar
Juronimo

 
Posts: 6597
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Location: Fist in the air on a quest for justice

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby purp n gold on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:24 pm

I think Ray was going to leave regardless. Bradley started to play well and Doc didn't even want to start Ray anymore. If I'm Allen, that is a legitimate reason to leave. And Rondo is handcuffed to a degree every time they run 20 back screens for Ray to get open.

And KG is still, after all these years, a major douche. Just about every player in this league has been asked about dealing with a trade, either for themselves or a traded teammate. KG is the one guy who deals with it like a 16 year-old high school girl and says, "Oh I deleted his number from my phone".
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
User avatar
purp n gold

 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:39 am

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby Iceberg Slim on Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:52 pm

Rooscooter wrote:First thing he's done in a while I respect....... Allen is a prima donna, temperamental attention seeker who was threatened by a younger player and then ran to his team's biggest rivals for a bit role.......



Is this just Celtic hate coming out or are you being serious? Ray-Ray is pretty chill in my book.
www.thesportslyceum.com - personal blog

Image
User avatar
Iceberg Slim

 
Posts: 4960
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:38 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby Shadow on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:09 am

KG needs to put his tampon back on. This is a business and Ray Allen made the decision that best suited him and his family.
User avatar
Shadow

 
Posts: 8705
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:07 am

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby LakerFanIam on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:30 am

Shadow wrote:KG needs to put his tampon back on. This is a business and Ray Allen made the decision that best suited him and his family.



Uh... Wasn't it reported that Boston offered Ray almost double what he got from Miami?
Image
User avatar
LakerFanIam

 
Posts: 3679
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:31 pm
Location: Sec 117

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby XXIV on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:14 am

LakerFanIam wrote:
Shadow wrote:KG needs to put his tampon back on. This is a business and Ray Allen made the decision that best suited him and his family.



Uh... Wasn't it reported that Boston offered Ray almost double what he got from Miami?


Celtics offered him $12 million/2 years, but he went for the $9 million/3 years with the Heat.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6389
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:17 pm

I've always respected Garnett's game and the way he goes about his business and this makes me respect him even more. Can you imagine if a guy who was one of our best players and played a key role in our title when to a conference rival like say San Antonio? I wouldn't be too happy with them at all.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby purp n gold on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:I've always respected Garnett's game and the way he goes about his business and this makes me respect him even more. Can you imagine if a guy who was one of our best players and played a key role in our title when to a conference rival like say San Antonio? I wouldn't be too happy with them at all.


So are you rooting for Nash on this team? Because Nash was THE best Suns player of all time and obviously the Lakers are the Suns' biggest rival. Aside from the teen girl-fight between KG and Ray, BOS-to-MIA pretty similar to PHX-to-LAL.

And KG is a douche. I will say this at any chance I get. I respect his game, but that's it. KG is not the smartest guy (it's known he set back PA and NBA negotiations during the lockout, and wasn't invited back), and he is very, very immature. But somehow that gets passed off as being "intense". Yeah, picking fights with PGs like Bayless or Calderon and calling Charlie Villanueva a cancer patient is "intense"... yeah he REALLY had his game face on that night![/sarcasm]. Give me a break.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
User avatar
purp n gold

 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:39 am

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby dj vitus on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:11 pm

purp n gold wrote:I think Ray was going to leave regardless. Bradley started to play well and Doc didn't even want to start Ray anymore. If I'm Allen, that is a legitimate reason to leave. And Rondo is handcuffed to a degree every time they run 20 back screens for Ray to get open.

And KG is still, after all these years, a major douche. Just about every player in this league has been asked about dealing with a trade, either for themselves or a traded teammate. KG is the one guy who deals with it like a 16 year-old high school girl and says, "Oh I deleted his number from my phone".

DWade also taking the 16 year-old insecure high schooler approach by saying, "It's cool, he doesn't need to talk to us anyway!" I know you are, but what am I; I'm rubber you're glue, words bounce off me and stick to you! :man10:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9449
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:44 pm

purp n gold wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:I've always respected Garnett's game and the way he goes about his business and this makes me respect him even more. Can you imagine if a guy who was one of our best players and played a key role in our title when to a conference rival like say San Antonio? I wouldn't be too happy with them at all.


So are you rooting for Nash on this team? Because Nash was THE best Suns player of all time and obviously the Lakers are the Suns' biggest rival. Aside from the teen girl-fight between KG and Ray, BOS-to-MIA pretty similar to PHX-to-LAL.

And KG is a douche. I will say this at any chance I get. I respect his game, but that's it. KG is not the smartest guy (it's known he set back PA and NBA negotiations during the lockout, and wasn't invited back), and he is very, very immature. But somehow that gets passed off as being "intense". Yeah, picking fights with PGs like Bayless or Calderon and calling Charlie Villanueva a cancer patient is "intense"... yeah he REALLY had his game face on that night![/sarcasm]. Give me a break.

Please they're completely different situations. The Lakers/Suns was never really a rivalry. They beat us when we had a mediocre basketball team. We haven't met them in the postseason in what three stars? Miami just beat Boston for the second year in a row and what did Allen do? Signed with the team that sent him home twice in a row.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Kevin Garnett Not Talking To Ray Allen

Postby purp n gold on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Please they're completely different situations. The Lakers/Suns was never really a rivalry. They beat us when we had a mediocre basketball team. We haven't met them in the postseason in what three stars? Miami just beat Boston for the second year in a row and what did Allen do? Signed with the team that sent him home twice in a row.



Well I tend to agree with you when you say that Suns vs Lakers isn't a rivalry, especially for LA. But to my knowledge, the Suns & Lakers have always been in the same (Pacific) division, since the 80s at least. We play them multiple times per year and usually in the playoffs. By Phoenix's standards, we are their nemesis. LA does not share the same sentiment, but there is hatred there.

On the other was BOS-MIA really a rivalry until LeBron came over? Not really... So I don't think these are rich rivalries in the traditional sense, both for different reasons. But each match up has had tension in recent years, so player transaction was bound tobe tricky. Only difference is that the Suns gave Nash an early retirement gift, and Boston expected Allen to fade into the background.

I think we're on the same page for the most part, I just don't want to give KG any shred of credibility. He is a douche. :man10:
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
User avatar
purp n gold

 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:39 am

Next

Return to NBA Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.