Kevin Love out six weeks w/ broken hand

Kevin Love out six weeks w/ broken hand

Postby Balance&Options24 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:13 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski‏@WojYahooNBA

Minnesota Timberwolves star Kevin Love has suffered a broken right hand and will be out 4-to-6 weeks, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

Kevin Love is expected to miss approximately six weeks after breaking his right hand during a workout on Wednesday morning.
Adrian Wojnarowski reports that Love will miss "4-6 weeks," but the Wolves' PR department says he'll be out "6-8 weeks." If we split the difference and assume he's out six weeks, he would return in late November and miss approximately the first 12-14 games of the season. His absence will sting a bit less in roto leagues with games-played limits, but this unfortunate injury makes him a gamble in the late first round, and he looks more appealing as an early second-rounder. Love's absence also gives Derrick Williams a golden opportunity to prove he deserves a bigger role, but we wouldn't go overboard drafting him. Related: Derrick Williams
Last edited by Balance&Options24 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Re: Kevin Love out six weeks w/ broken hand

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:17 pm

time to re-evaluate that fantasy pick
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:42 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:time to re-evaluate that fantasy pick
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Well... crap. I like Love. Hope recovers well from this.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:51 pm

This has got to mean one thing and one thing only.....

Minny needs a backup PG, we need to give them Blake or Duhon so that they can get through this period and replace Love's rebounding and 3 point shooting.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby bleed purple n gold on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:28 pm

+1

tho I'd be happy to nab him in the second round.

…You take a player getting over 10mill a year and I will make him look like he deserves 2 mill. -Ron Artest
bleed purple n gold

Postby pound4pound1 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:34 pm

bleed purple n gold wrote:

+1

tho I'd be happy to nab him in the second round.

oh definitely...i pick 10th next week and on the snake back, if he's there, he's going right into my IR spot...i'll babysit for 2 months...no biggie
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:15 pm

Was thinking about my upcoming draft, it will be interesting to see how far he'll drop.

On topic, it's a tough blow to the TWolves and it may cost them a playoff berth. No Rubio for who knows how long, as well as no Love for potentially two months. I just hope they don't put all the burden on Roy and cause him to injure both his knees again.
XXIV

Postby JSM on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:11 pm

Minny's November schedule isn't bad: Nets, Pacers, Bulls, Mavs, Nuggets, & Clipps. The other 9 are very winnable. It's December when they're going to need Love. Philly, Cs, Nuggets, Mavs, Heat, OKC, and NYK are going to be very tough games for them. They have 3 easy games (Cavs, NOH, Magic) and two competitive matchups with HOU and PHX. My guess is he'll either make his debut against the Nuggets on the 12th or Mavs on the 15, both are at home. Then it'll take a few games to get into rhythm.

The bottom of the West is going to be a tooth and nail battle for those final couple slots. Wolves were already at a disadvantage with the injuries they already were facing. Now without Love for possibly 2 months, I think they are essentially bowing out of the playoff race this year.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Return to NBA Discussion