Kidd and Zo in NJ

Kidd and Zo in NJ

Postby clublakers on Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:22 pm

Sorry if this already appears elsewhere... I'm just waking up from a long summer nap.

Frankly I don't think this makes NJ any better than last year when they had Mutumbo, former Defensive player of the year, rotting away on their bench.

Good for Zo... 20 million is good jack for someone that realistically may never play again due to health reasons.

Mourning agrees to four-year, $20M deal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

New Jersey fans likely owe a great deal of thanks to Alonzo Mourning.

The free-agent center plans to sign with the New Jersey Nets, paving the way for Jason Kidd to re-sign in New Jersey, a league source who spoke with Mourning's agent Thursday night told Insider's Chad Ford.

Mourning could announce as early as today that he'll sign a 4-year, $20 million contract with the Nets. He can't officially sign with the Nets until next Wednesday.

Kidd agreed to a six-year, $99 million deal later on Friday.

Jeffrey Wechsler, Mourning's agent, told the Insider source that Mourning agreed to sign with the Nets after receiving assurances that Kidd also will re-sign.

Later on Friday, Mavericks owner Mark Cuban confirmed Zo's move.

"We found out that Zo is going to NJ,'' Cuban wrote in an e-mail. "Why? A variety of reasons I can't go into, but foremost is that he felt he had less competition in the East.''
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Return to NBA Discussion