Kings Defense = Mavs Defense?

Kings Defense = Mavs Defense?

Postby murcielago62 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:13 pm

It seems that with the return of C.Webb, the Kings defense is worse. The Sixers and the Clips have dropped 100 on them and it seems on any given night any team can go off on them...
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:32 pm

both teams replace defense with high-powered offense. Come post-season that will kill them as the intensity of games is magnified by 10 and physicality.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby KingsFan in LA on Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:36 pm

Yea kings defense is worse this year. Its not just these 2 recent games, but its been like this all year. Hopefully we'll pick it up soon. I don't want the kings to be like the indianapolis colts.
KingsFan in LA

Postby SMUnderground on Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:39 pm

but their offense covered up the point for the defense..daymnnn
SMUnderground

Postby murcielago62 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:39 pm

KingsFan in LA wrote:Yea kings defense is worse this year. Its not just these 2 recent games, but its been like this all year. Hopefully we'll pick it up soon. I don't want the kings to be like the indianapolis colts.

You know what, you're a cool guy, at least you admit the Kings aren't a perfect team and have faults, now if you could tell your fellow fan Felon to leave...
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby murcielago62 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:42 pm

SMUnderground wrote:but their offense covered up the point for the defense..daymnnn

not in playoff time it won't...not 4 out of 7 times...
murcielago62

Postby SMUnderground on Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:42 pm

murcielago62 wrote:
SMUnderground wrote:but their offense covered up the point for the defense..daymnnn

not in playoff time it won't...not 4 out of 7 times...

haha..yea..hopefully
SMUnderground

Postby KingsFan in LA on Thu Mar 04, 2004 8:50 pm

I've been covering all the kings games and noticed that for them to win, they usually average 48%. So that means if they can shoot 48% or better, most likely they will win the game even if the opponent shoots higher.

Kings main problem is rebounding. We got crushed by the wolves like a week ago and it was because of rebounding. They killed us on the boards 38-65. Now that we have webber back, hopefully rebounding goes up
KingsFan in LA

Postby TheZen on Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:36 pm

KingsFan in LA wrote:I've been covering all the kings games and noticed that for them to win, they usually average 48%. So that means if they can shoot 48% or better, most likely they will win the game even if the opponent shoots higher.

Kings main problem is rebounding. We got crushed by the wolves like a week ago and it was because of rebounding. They killed us on the boards 38-65. Now that we have webber back, hopefully rebounding goes up

kingsfan, you have made my night. like murcie said up there, at least you admit that the kings have their own faults. you dont degrade the lakers with statements not being supported. you have a open mind about this whole game and i like that
TheZen

Postby KingsFan in LA on Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:18 pm

Thanks guys. Yea as much of a kings fan i am, I am certainly an NBA fan
KingsFan in LA

Postby shaqpak34 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:26 pm

ya ud make a great reporter, ur unbiased, and even if u do drink laker haterade, u still arent blinded by ur love for ur team

its good to have smart king fans around cus then we can actually tlak some real basketball other than just throwin insults at each other
shaqpak34

Postby strikemode14 on Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:03 am

it's bad but, dallas defense is much worse...they way to soft in the middle..I meant they let a pre-wallace detroit team put like 110 points on them..kings defense is bad but, not that bad
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Jamaican Lakerfan on Fri Mar 05, 2004 7:25 am

Webber's return seems to be a positive but he is playing around the top of the key, in essence taking shots from Peja, and the other perimeter guys.

For them to be successful, Webber has to use that big body of his and work inside. If he is simply going to rely on outside jumpers, and go in for the occasional play or two, then the Kings will not get to the Finals.

If Webber can't pound on skinny Dalembert each and every time, how wil he do it against Malone, Duncan, Nowitski etc ? The Kings management and coaching staff have to find a way of getting him to play a physical, Amare Stoudemire type game to beat the opposition.
Jamaican Lakerfan

Postby HndsmCelt on Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:04 am

I know the old addage is that defense wins championships, but with a powerfull enough offense a realy great team only needs a little defense. The Kings are definalty not a great defensive team, but they have the most overwealming offinse in the game. Every guy 1-7 can drop 20 or more points on any team on any givne night, making double teams very costly, and as a team they lead in percentage shooting, 3 point shooting and scoring. They also enjoy the largest margin between points allowed and points scored.

Sure i would love to see more boards, more stops, more steals and an even lower number of points allowed, but heck Im not complaining this season.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby PrimeTime on Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:14 am

No. The Kings have (A Sucky D :man10: ), but it is way better than the Mavs. I mean c'mon. Look at the Mavs. They have a PF who thinks he's the Assassin, and one of the softest if not THE softest big man in the game! Shawn "The Chump" Bradley!!!! LOL. Seriosuly. The Mavs are so weak in Defense. Thank God they got osmeone like Finley and Jamison to help out a bit! They also have guys like Eduardo Najera do their dirty work! Dirk and Nash get paid for Offense. It says so in their contract agreements!
And besides, the Kings have the Flop, missing more games than I should, Doug Christie, and some other hard-nosed players. Even tohugh I hate to admit it the Kings aren't too bad. Wait I'm going to hell!!!! I mean the Queens. Shoot. Ahh too bad I'm doomed.

~Out, Prime
PrimeTime

Postby Guest on Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:28 am

Give them a little time to get back into a routine ... especially with Webber there now ... and you'll see their defense pick back up again.

I look forward to playing the Kings in the Conference Finals. Gonna be a good series.

Postby K-O-punch on Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:16 am

IF the wolves made it into the 2nd round.

Yao and Francis will Crush the Wolves!!! :jam2:
K-O-punch

Postby WalterJ456 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:06 pm

And that is the reason why the Mavs nor the Kings ever win anything. High powered offenses will get you 60 regular season wins, but when it comes down to it, you need defense for the playoffs. I wouldn't be shocked to see Dallas lose in the 1st round this year. The Kings defense is pretty awful as well, but not Maverick-bad. Plus the Kings have been known to be soft, especially Chris "Never shows up for big games" Webber. I swear he posts up like 5% of the time. Every year it seems like he is shooting further and further away from the basket, settling for jumpers instead of driving or posting up. Pretty soon he'll be pulling jumpers from half-court! Post up Chris!! (Actually don't! That would be good for the Kings & bad for LA!)
WalterJ456

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:50 pm

T-Wolves Rule wrote:Give them a little time to get back into a routine ... especially with Webber there now ... and you'll see their defense pick back up again.

I look forward to playing the Kings in the Conference Finals. Gonna be a good series.

Funny aint it? Cuz if you make it the conference finals you'll have the task of facing the Lakers, not the Queens.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Return to NBA Discussion