To Kings fans: do you realize...>??

To Kings fans: do you realize...>??

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:24 pm

It's actually in response to one of those Kings fans questions, but I think it's so important that I'll just post it up here. It shows all of the possibilities that may happen to the Kings team and organization.

Come playoff time? Do you realize your team just traded another of their top power forwards away for nothing in return? Do you realize that your team needs more backup guards just in case Mike Bibby or B-Jax gets injured? Do you realize that Brad Miller may not live up to your team's so-called "expectations" and be a major fluke during his first season on your team? Do you realize that your team may get attacked by a plague that sets your guys off to injuries--like what happened last year? Do you realize that your team's odds of signing Jimmy Jackson are the same odds as Kobe actually committing the sexual assault (that's not very high, my opinion). Do you realize that your team has to use measly little inexperienced guys like Funderburke and Songaila to spell Webber off the bench? Do you realize Gerald Wallace may not be ready to get 22 minutes a game? Do you realize your team's getting older and trading off guys ain't gonna work? Do you realize that your team's gotten a hell lot worse? Do you realize the Kings are done this offseason because they want to cut their ugly payroll? Do you realize that the Maloofs are gonna sell the team to some lousy scum (no just kidding)? Do you realize you Laker haters are annoying little sons-of-a-b**c*** who just won't get us privacy to talk right here? Because of all this, do you realize that your team passing through the second round of the playoffs is very slim? Hell, do you even realize that a lineup of Cassell-Sprewell-Sczerzbiak-Garnett-Olowokandi and Troy Hudson beats a Bibby-Christie-Stojakovic-Webber-Miller and Bobby Jackson lineup? Do you realize that even with the Kings do win, would they get past a San Antonio or Laker lineup? They'll get tired. So HELL no, the chances of the Kings winning are the same chances that 200 people are gonna get murdered in Israel today. :man7: :man7: :man7:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:14 pm

Clark was a good player for the Kings last year. He's athletic ability was a great fit for the Kings. I think he's a better fit with the up and down style of the Kings. Miller...being slow as he is..will not fit on that offense. Its a step back for sure.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Guest on Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:15 pm

WE WILL WIN IT ALL, I GUARAENTEE IT! KINGS IN 2004 BEEEEEEAAAAAAAAACH!

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:53 pm

Anonymous wrote:WE WILL WIN IT ALL, I GUARAENTEE IT! KINGS IN 2004 BEEEEEEAAAAAAAAACH!

yeah i'm sure you've said the same thing every year, and your queens never win. your own confidence in your team is decreasing every year. 4 years from now you won't even like them.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:33 pm

Anonymous wrote:WE WILL WIN IT ALL, I GUARAENTEE IT! KINGS IN 2004 BEEEEEEAAAAAAAAACH!

wow shoot urself
FabFourLakers

Postby echo nation on Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:02 am

FabFourLakers wrote:

wow shoot urself

hahaha

in fact, when you do, do it in the face

nah JK... if you truly believe that then cool... youre just up for a major disappointment
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby Guest on Thu Aug 07, 2003 9:45 am

It's funny how laker fans seem to be more upset that the Kings traded Clark than the Kings fans. Most of the Kings fans are relieved that Clark was traded because he did not live up to our expectations. Clark did not make the Kings bad, but he did not elevate the team either. So, losing Clark will not have that much of an impact as losing Webber in the start of the regular season. Clark is like the "Samaki Walker" the Lakers acquired two years ago, except that Kings fans know that the Lakers are better off without Samaki Walker.

Postby SWOL on Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:26 am

FabFourLakers wrote:

wow shoot urself

better yet shoot your self in the croch with a granade laucher, so you wont infect the rest of the world
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:44 am

Clark did not make the Kings bad, but he did not elevate the team either. So, losing Clark will not have that much of an impact as losing Webber in the start of the regular season. Clark is like the "Samaki Walker" the Lakers acquired two years ago, except that Kings fans know that the Lakers are better off without Samaki Walker.

Let's get one thing straight:

PLAYER G GS MIN FG FG% 3P 3P% FT FT% STL BLK TO PF OFF DEF TOT AST PTS
CLARK 80 11 22.3 2.8-5.6 .501 0.0-0.1 .000 1.1-1.6 .656 0.48 1.9 1.2 2.8 1.7 3.9 5.6 1.0 6.7
WALKER 67 39 18.6 1.7-4.1 .420 0.0-0.0 .000 1.0-1.5 .653 0.30 0.8 0.8 2.1 1.7 3.8 5.5 1.0 4.4

These stats are from the 2002-03 regular season and you have to remember that Keon was backing up Webber. Samaki actually started many games for us. Keon beats or matches him in every statistical category. The reason Keon got more minutes even behind Webber is because he was part of Adelman's rotation. If he wasn't playing good he would have found the bench just like Hedo did. Walker on the other hand lost his starter position to the likes of Medvedenko and Madsen....So please don't compare Clark to Walker...and don't forget it was you stupid [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] no knowing queens fans that absolutely adored this guy when he first signed with the queens and you guys all claimed he would help stop Shaq and be such a key player on your team...it kinda sounded like what you guys are saying about Miller. And just to confirm the solid role Keon played on your team compared to what Samaki did for us, here are the stats of the playoffs for these two players:

VS. G GS MIN FG FG% 3P 3P% FT FT% STL BLK TO PF OFF DEF TOT AST PTS
KEON CLARK
VS. UTAH 5 -- 15.6 1.6-3.0 .533 0.0-0.0 .000 0.6-0.6 1.000 0.20 0.60 1.2 2.4 0.4 2.2 2.6 0.0 3.8
VS. DALLAS 7 -- 13.3 1.7-3.7 .462 0.0-0.0 .000 1.7-2.6 .667 0.29 0.71 1.0 2.6 1.7 2.7 4.4 0.6 5.1

SOSUCKI WALKER
VS. MINNESOTA 4 -- 4.3 0.5-0.5 1.000 0.0-0.0 .000 0.0-0.0 .000 0.00 0.00 0.5 0.8 0.8 0.5 1.3 0.3 1.0
VS. SAN ANTONIO 5 -- 6.4 0.0-0.6 .000 0.0-0.0 .000 0.0-0.0 .000 0.20 0.40 0.2 1.6 0.2 1.4 1.6 0.2 0.0

Do me a favor next time you get a thought....think it through before you post it
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Aug 07, 2003 12:05 pm

Anonymous wrote:It's funny how laker fans seem to be more upset that the Kings traded Clark than the Kings fans. Most of the Kings fans are relieved that Clark was traded because he did not live up to our expectations. Clark did not make the Kings bad, but he did not elevate the team either. So, losing Clark will not have that much of an impact as losing Webber in the start of the regular season. Clark is like the "Samaki Walker" the Lakers acquired two years ago, except that Kings fans know that the Lakers are better off without Samaki Walker.

Ok so losing clark was not that bad but you also lost pollard, hedo, and many other FA's that might include Jim Jackson too. See when you traded pollard, i thot it was a great trade bcuz brad miller is better than pollard offensively. But then when u got rid of clark, i was thinkin "what the hell?". Bcuz now you only have vlade and brad for the first 2 months, and funderburke would be your back up PF/C, in fact he'd hafta back up both positions! Hell you might see Stoja play a lil PF and have christie move to the SF and have bibby and bobby out there. But you see, the reason why you are screwed, is that your bench is no longer the best in the NBA like it was last year. You cant RELY on ur bench to "step up" like they did last year with allllllllll those injuries! You dont have a keon to go to when you play the mavs, you dont have a hedo to shadow peja, you dont have a pollard to bang with O'neal when Vlade is in foul trouble(and dont even bring up brad miller cuz shaq owns him), and you dont have a Jim Jackson, well for now, to hit key baskets down the stretch with christie's saying-hi-to-his-wife thing aint workin. And what if Bobby jackson or Bibby go down with injuries? wheres yuour back up point guard? No more cheerleaders(mateen and damon).

Just look at your roster now and YOU'RE tellin me that you guys are happy keon left? Take another look...he was a young, athletic, and promising player and you got rid of him and not vlade?
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:37 pm

If Keon had been that valuable to the Kings, believe you me the Maloofs would never let him go just to free up salary. I believe they are cooking something up their sleeves, we just don't know what it is yet. I mean, who would've thought that they would ever trade Pollard and Hedo? It's sad to see those guys go but the Kings really needed to fill Vlade's spot since he is almost done with his career. Would the Lakers let go of Shaq or Kobe just to avoid paying the luxury tax? I didn't think so! :man7:

Postby Guest on Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:48 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:
Clark did not make the Kings bad, but he did not elevate the team either. So, losing Clark will not have that much of an impact as losing Webber in the start of the regular season. Clark is like the "Samaki Walker" the Lakers acquired two years ago, except that Kings fans know that the Lakers are better off without Samaki Walker.

The reason Keon got more minutes even behind Webber is because he was part of Adelman's rotation. If he wasn't playing good he would have found the bench just like Hedo did.

Keon got playing time because the Kings were bugged down with injuries practically all season long. Had Pollard stayed healthy all season, Keon would probably not get as much playing time...but we'll never know that now because Keon and Pollard are gone. All I know is most Kings fans that I know were disappointed when Keon decided to remain with the Kings. We thought that we would never upgrade our roster because of Keon's salary. Instead, Geoff found a way to upgrade our roster and the only regret we have as fans is that it had to be at the expense of Hedo and Pollard and certainly not Keon. Hmm....I wonder why this was Keon's fourth NBA team in six years he has been in the league? Probably because Keon wasn't the right fit for the Kings as was his other teams. I wish him well in Utah. He may fit in there since they are in a rebuilding mode.

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:16 pm

You know what.....who cares about Keon....I really dont care what the queens are doing either.....cause its really up to the Lakers themselves and I guess the court of colorado to determine our fate. All I am bringing up is that with the departures of Keon who is a PF/C, Pollard PF/C, and Hedo SF/PF (he really was versatile enough to play SG), the queens only got back one player in return and this one player can only play one position (he's too slow to play PF, but I guess you can put him there). My point is that SAC is so injury plagued every year that they need more bodies. Your roster stands at 10 right now, with Webber injured, that only 9. You guys had a great bench in the past were, Bibby, Peja or Webber hit the IL and you guys still kept winning. You can't rely on that anymore and the start of SAC's season can be closely reminiscent of how the Lakers started the season last year....and look how the Lakers turned out. Granted Webber doesn't even come close to what Shaq brings on the court, but you guys would have had Keon coming off the bench to start in his place....now you have Funderburke who is then backed by a rookie. We all know how important the PF position is in the West. Good Luck next year.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Aug 07, 2003 4:12 pm

Anonymous wrote:If Keon had been that valuable to the Kings, believe you me the Maloofs would never let him go just to free up salary. I believe they are cooking something up their sleeves, we just don't know what it is yet. I mean, who would've thought that they would ever trade Pollard and Hedo? It's sad to see those guys go but the Kings really needed to fill Vlade's spot since he is almost done with his career. Would the Lakers let go of Shaq or Kobe just to avoid paying the luxury tax? I didn't think so! :man7:

Then why were you all happy when you SIGNED keon? And if you needed someone to fill Vlade's spot, i cannot believe you would trade for Brad Miller! I would rather have pollard and clark stay then trade for brad miller, cuz then when Vlade retires, Pollard can become a starter, and Clark can play major minutes off tha bench! It jus doesnt make sense how you can get rid of 3 young and promising players for 1 young and UNPROVEN center from the EAST! You guys have NINE players right now with webber injured! You hafta sign 3 players! And you better hope you get JJ back, i think if you can get him back, you guys will be fine next season, but if you DONT, good luck with ur injury problems! And i thot that Sacramento had something up their sleeve, but it turns out they were jus trying to avoid the luxury tax! So much for the maloofs being rich off their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]!!!!! Like Vasashi17 said, they have OVERPAID all of their players, and it is kickin them in their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] right now! They shoulda thot twice about giving bibby that HUGE contract!
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:53 pm

Like I said, if Keon had been extremely valuable to the Kings the Maloofs would never trade him just to free up salary. If that's the case, why not free up Bibby or Webber or Peja...they make more than Keon! Because Bibby, Webber and Peja are valuable to the Kings.

Postby Guest on Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:55 pm

Besides, laker fans only want Keon to stay with the Kings because they know he can't guard Shaq.

Postby BDG on Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:41 pm

I don't think we care where Keon ends up. The fact is that it was a stupid move by the Kings to ship him and their own draft picks for a second round pick. Nobody can guard Shaq. Put anyone down low and it doesn't make much of a difference. That's why he's the MDE!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:45 pm

Dear Kings organization,

Prove us wrong.

Signed,
Lakers Fans
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:48 pm

Anonymous wrote:Besides, laker fans only want Keon to stay with the Kings because they know he can't guard Shaq.

Umm who can guard Shaq one on one?

Get back to me when you get the answer
FabFourLakers

Postby Coppertop on Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:46 am

I think the Maloofs are simply deciding to call it quits with their championship hopes...They are obviously giving players away to competitive teams, even to the defending champions. Perhaps the Maloofs are like most Kings fans...they would rather see the Lakers lose than their own team win. What a wretched existence!
Coppertop

Postby echo nation on Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:25 am

i hope thats not true

that would be lame

that would be a disgrace
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Aug 08, 2003 4:18 am

Nah, I don't think they've seen the light yet... :man9:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:53 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:I don't think we care where Keon ends up. The fact is that it was a stupid move by the Kings to ship him and their own draft picks for a second round pick.

I think it's a smart move all together because just think, the Jazz are probably not going to make the playoffs this year. If they don't, then they could wind up high on the list of draft choices. If they're lucky, Jazz could very well end up with the number 1 pick (which spells the number 1 pick in the second round for the Kings). While the Kings are probably going to end up either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in the West; therefore, will wind up getting the nos. 27, 28, or 29 pick and so on for the 2nd round. This way, we get high up on the second round pick rather than the lower end of the second round.

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:10 pm

Reasons that make people Kings fans:

Eleven Things that say you're a true Kings fan.

1. Your wife won't let you
go with her to the mall
because all you do is
whine to the employees
working at Foot Locker
about things that never
happened.

2. You compare Vlade to
Michaelangelo because
of all the time each has
spent on their backs in
their chosen profession.

3. The mut you recently
renamed Champ gets his
old name back-Flop.

4. You privately wish that
the criminal that poisoned
Kobe had applied another
scoop of "Special Sauce".

5. Finals? What Finals?
Who needs a ring when we
got this cool Pacific Div.
Championship banner?

6. You love the fact that
your team has the two
best players in the world,
your roster consists of
proven clutch players and
[Oh wait, this one's sup-
posed to be on the Top 10
things that say you're a
true Lakers fan.]

7. You refuse to remove the
Hedo bobblehead from the
livimgroom even though it
reminds your daughter of
the Chucky doll and gives
her nightmares.

8. Despite being the best fan
in the NBA, you have not
watched an entire NBA
Finals game in the past
three years..

9. You slap the ol' cow bell
back on Betsy after every
playoff series against the
Lakers.

10.You can't understand why
fans from other teams don't
care about your opinion or
your stupid rule book.

11.The last words that you
say in life will most likely
be, "Hey,. y'all, watch
this!"
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:52 pm

Anonymous wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:I don't think we care where Keon ends up. The fact is that it was a stupid move by the Kings to ship him and their own draft picks for a second round pick.

I think it's a smart move all together because just think, the Jazz are probably not going to make the playoffs this year. If they don't, then they could wind up high on the list of draft choices. If they're lucky, Jazz could very well end up with the number 1 pick (which spells the number 1 pick in the second round for the Kings). While the Kings are probably going to end up either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in the West; therefore, will wind up getting the nos. 27, 28, or 29 pick and so on for the 2nd round. This way, we get high up on the second round pick rather than the lower end of the second round.

and those 27 28 and 29 picks are guaranteed to be superstar players for the kings?

And the Jazz might get the number 1 pick this year
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion