Kings just kill the team that we lost to

Postby BDG on Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:34 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
KingsFan in LA wrote:Why does everyone keep saying we play better without webber? Just because we still win without him does not mean we play better.

i think that webber slows tha game down for u guys...and everyone flows better and gets into tha game...6 to 7 players each night get into double figures when webber isnt playin...and plus when webber comes back peja's game depletes and he fades in tha offense and all tha attention goes to webber...then u guys become predictable and we know where tha ball is goin each time...instead of tha fluent passing that miller and divac do to a cutting peja doug or bibby, u will have jus post entry passes to webber and watch him try to do hook shots and turn around jumpers...

i jus think if u got rid of him and got someone like Ray Allen u guys would be even better
Exactly what I've been saying all along-- I totally agree.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby KingsFan in LA on Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:55 pm

Webber does slow us down a bit, but I think its just going to be the same this season. Vlade and Miller are both slower and the offense flows through the big men. So that means everyone has to wait for them to run up the court also. Our offense always goes through our big men, so why would it be any different going through webber? Miller was brought to sacto to backup vlade. The way he has been performing, he might even start over vlade and in the playoffs, we will have a solid 3 man rotation for the 4 and 5 positions with webber-divac-miller. If you ever notice, webber is an even better passer and although he takes mainly jumpshots, his fg% isn't exactly low. 49% career is pretty good.

But we do need him. Look at the dallas series in the playoffs. We dominated the first game with webber and then struggled when he got injured. The kings learn to play through injuries during the regular season. Last year we had a lot of injuries. The only healthy players were christie and vlade. But come playoff time, we need everyone at full strength even though its never happened. Mike Bibby was out for the first 29 games last season, but even then, we still started out with a 15-5 record. Does that mean we play better without Bibby? No.

Oh yea I would like to say that Mike Bibby starts over Bobby Jackson because he controls the ball better and also distributes the ball. B Jackson is the energy player off the bench and is more selfish, so he has the perfect role of coming off the bench. I think the lakers need an energy tyoe player coming off the bench also. Someone like chris anderson. :man11:
KingsFan in LA

Postby hig on Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:00 pm

"But we do need him. Look at the dallas series in the playoffs. We dominated the first game with webber and then struggled when he got injured."

The Kings gave up 83 points in the first HALF of game 2 BEFORE Webber got hurt. Just thought I'd refresh your memory. :man11:
hig

Postby KingsFan in LA on Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:16 pm

If you look at that game, Webber was the only kings who was doing anything. He had 35 points when he went out. I'm talking about the series.
KingsFan in LA

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:36 pm

well we will see how tha kings do when webber comes back...but i jus think u really DONT need him...trade Webber for Ray Allen while u still have tha chance...Webber makes almost 20 mil a year...why not trade that away for somoene who will play 82 games for u and not get injured every year?
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:22 am

Only a moron would say a team is better with out it's leader in scoring, rebounds AND assists... stupid, just stupid. :man7:

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion