Kings Offer Iggy $56m/4 years (p. 3)

Re: Pelicans interested in signing Iggy (p. 2)

Postby JSM on Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:36 pm

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 2m
Pistons looking hard at Nuggets free agent forward @Andre, according to league sources. Story up soon on http://NBA.com .
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Finwë on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:43 pm

therealdeal wrote:
Finwë wrote:The Pelicans have a nice team all of the sudden, with a chore of Vazquez, Holiday, Anderson and Davis. They need a SF and some depth and they probably make the playoffs. Iggy or Deng or Granger are all guys I'd consider if I'm them

You forgot Gordon! :man10:

I think they need to flip Vasquez though. He doesn't really fit there now with Holiday at the helm and he's a pretty decent PG. Better than I thought he'd ever be.

:man10:
I did. Though in my defense he's been injured so much lately, he's barely played.
A healthy Gordon would make their team even more interesting.

Yeah, with a SG like Gordon (who I know remember lol) and after just having traded for Holiday, I do agree Vazquez is unnecessary. He's a starting PG in this league IMO, and makes no sense to keep him as a backup for a very young PG.
But maybe they flip Gordon. What about a Gordon for Deng trade? The Bulls need a SG, and the Pelicans a SF. Since Gordon is younger, Pelicans could possibly get something else too.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:45 pm

I think the Bulls say no. Gordon's injury history is just too severe right now to justify taking on that contract for a good player who also happens to be expiring. I would imagine that Gordon's value is much lower than Deng's.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:21 am

If Pelicans were to get Iggy that would be a nice starting 5 actually

PG - Jrue Holiday
SG - Eric Gorden
SF- Iggy
PF- Ryan Anderson
C- Anthony Davis
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Finwë on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:51 am

therealdeal wrote: I would imagine that Gordon's value is much lower than Deng's.

Hmm I don't know about that. Deng's had his share of injuries this season, and while I really like his game, I think he thrives under Thibbs' system, and probably would look somewhat worse under a different coach. He's also exiting his prime.
Gordon, while injury-prone (so far), is a great talent IMO, a very complete player. He's overpaid I guess, but mostly because of his injury history.
If I'm Chicago I'd consider it. Of course I'd look elsewhere as well (the likes of OJ Mayo, or Monta Ellis, even JR Smith), but Gordon's a hell of a 2 guard. Just needs to stay healthy.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:52 am

^^ that's what I've been thinking. They got a very nice team all of the sudden. Just need a SF and some depth and they could be in the playoff mix if coached properly
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:00 am

I don't know Finwe. I'm just not high on Gordon at all. He's never been that efficient and he's not really a good defender...

And now he's paid until 2016 and I don't think he's ever had a full season in his career.

But I do agree with you guys that they have a decent looking starting five. They're doing a better job building than the Nets have under relatively new ownership.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby thkthebest on Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:40 am

I used to like Gordon. I still kind of do actually, but his attitude all these "injuries" are slowly killing it for me.

Rather than Gordon, I think getting Jrue was the mistake for this team. He dominated that ball on the 76ers and his favorite shot was the long 2 at a bad 33.0% clip. People look at his inflated 18/8 numbers. His TS% has been 49.6% for the past 2 seasons, which is about 3% below league average. Despite his 8 assists, he also had second-highest turnovers per game in the entire league. For a team that's so bad offensively (76ers), it says a lot when they see no dropoff in production when he sits.

He's a good defender...and he's young. He has a ton of potential and that's probably where all the excitement comes from, but I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed in him next season. He's going to struggle making this role adjustment.
My signature
thkthebest

Andre Iguodala Meets With Kings, Nuggets and Pistons

Postby Kobe8Fan on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Andre Iguodala Meets With Kings, Nuggets; Evening Set With Pistons

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 34m

Denver GM Tim Connelly and coach Brian Shaw have finished a meeting w/ top free agent target Andre Iguodala in Los Angeles, source tells Y!

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/ ... 2693826561

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 31m

Andre Iguodala will meet with Detroit Pistons GM Joe Dumars this evening in Los Angeles.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/ ... 7953159169

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 14m

Sacramento Kings meeting with Andre Iguodala today included owner Vivek Ranadive, GM Pete D'Alessandro and coach Mike Malone.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/ ... 3192126464
Kobe8Fan

Kings Make Andre Iguodala Top Offseason Priority

Postby Kobe8Fan on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Kings Make Andre Iguodala Top Offseason Priority

By Marc Stein | ESPN.com

The Sacramento Kings have made Denver Nuggets swingman Andre Iguodala their free-agent priority, according to sources familiar with Sacramento's thinking.

Sources told ESPN.com the Kings, meanwhile, are leaning strongly against matching the offer sheet restricted free agent Tyreke Evans is planning to sign with the New Orleans Pelicans on July 10.

Sources said Tuesday that Evans is prepared to sign a four-year deal worth at least $44 million when the league's annual moratorium on signings and trades is lifted.

It remains to be seen whether the Kings and their new ownership group can assemble an offer big enough to steal Iguodala away from the Nuggets, who are determined to hang onto him. Iguodala is also drawing interest from other suitors such as Detroit and Golden State.

But the Kings' current stance, sources said, is that matching the Pelicans' forthcoming deal with Evans has been deemed too pricey, especially after Sacramento drafted Ben McLemore with the seventh overall pick in last Thursday's draft.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94462 ... ng-sources
Kobe8Fan

Re: Kings Make Andre Iguodala Top Offseason Priority (p. 3)

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:45 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1h
Y! Sources: With a $56 million offer, Sacramento has emerged as a frontrunner for free agent Andre Iguodala. http://tinyurl.com/l6sttr4

If I'm Iggy, Sac Town is one of the last places I want to go. Don't see them as being a legitimate team for quite awhile. I would think winning would trump cash from a lottery team from Iggy at this stage. Guess we'll see.
JSM

Re: Kings Offer Iggy $56m/4 years (p. 3)

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:53 pm

I guess it depends on whether or not Denver is going to match that kind of offer. That's a hell of a lot of money.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby MadMax on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:59 pm

A lot of money, but a horrid team to go play for.
MadMax

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:36 pm

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 3m
The Kings have pulled their offer for free agent Andre Iguodala & will no longer pursue him, I'm told. Story to come.

Hmm...odd.
JSM

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:37 pm

Andre Iguodala ‏@andre 37m
Really?? Ok... MOTIVATION!!!!!!
JSM

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:42 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:46 pm

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 2m
Kings wanted answer that Iguodala wasn't ready to give, so they pulled out and moved on. They'll regroup & decide on Tyreke Evans etc.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 23s
Denver's shown no inclination to match $14M per offer, and Iguodala wasn't ready to tell the Kings 'Yes," sources tell Y! So, Kings bailed.
JSM

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Wow. The Kings made a nice move there. Don't let a player f*** around. If you offered him the most money, with no other suitors out there at that level, and he STILL didn't commit?

Dude just didn't want to be there.

Good call by both sides. :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:07 pm

The Kings continue to FAIL.

:man10: :man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Frank Dux on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:04 am

I think Iggy is the type of guy the Kings have desperately needed. He's a great competitor, and he has a good head on his shoulders. He would be overpaid sure, but I think he could help change the culture of the franchise.

Besides, let's not pretend like a star is going to sign there. A guy like Iggy is probably the best they can do in free agency.
Frank Dux

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:34 am

^pretty much. but it's the kings. they haven't gotten anything right since vlade was patrolling the paint.
Pig Miller

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion