Kwame Brown: Wait or Trade?

Kwame Brown: Wait or Trade?

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:07 pm

When the wizards chose this guy with their #1 pick in tha 2001 NBA draft, everyone expected this guy to be REALLY good and finally bring tha wizards playoff hope...

well in his 3rd season, this guy has yet to avg in double figures, and 2 seasons with MJ did NOT work out...

he hasnt done anything to improve his team, he hasnt been starting for tha wizards either, he has been more of a liability than a plus for tha wizards...

You think tha wizards should show this guy tha door? He is makin about 4.2 million this season, and is due 5.3 million next season...should they get rid of this guy now with a trade or wait til his contract year and see if hes actually gonna do something for this franchise?

I think they shoudl wait , they should lose and suffer now rather than lose more and suffer more later when they let him go and see him develop into an all star almost like Jermaine O'neal, who actually didnt avg more than 5 ppg his first 4 seasons...and then blossomed in his 5th season after being traded to Portland...and now hes their franchise player...

Kwame's numbers have gradually gone up, from 4.5 to 7.4 to about 9 pts per game this season...and his rebounds have also gone up, from 3.5 to 5.3 and now to 6.4 rpg...in fact everythin has steadily gone up in tha past 3 yrs which have gone unnoticed, his minutes, his fg percentage, his FT percentage, his blocks, his assists, etc etc....

I think if he is given alot of playing time(only 25 mpg right now), and they run more plays for this youngn...he can finally put this team over tha top...but right now they are suffering cuz of arenas and stack bein injured...
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:21 pm

they need to trade him now, while some teams still have hope for him. He has absolutely no work ethic or any desire to improve any part of his game. When he was having his career game (23 points vs. Milwaukee on the 4th), after he scored 10 straight points, he asked Eddie Jordan to take him out of the game because he was tire...now that is totally inexcusable. Trade him and get a decent player in return, I know the Sonics had some interest in him last season, they should see if they still want him
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby lakerfanimal on Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:49 pm

even seein tapes of him from high school, i din see nothin special, kwame is the reason MJ gets a bad rep as a judge of talent, wat did MJ see anyways?
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby BDG on Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:52 pm

This would make a good game in ATR: "Wait or Trade?"
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:02 pm

but did u look at my J O'neal comparison? J O'neal didnt even avg over 5 ppg his first FOUR seasons...kwame has gone up each year GRADUALLY...but i think either next year or in his contract season he will explode...i still got faith in this guy...u jus cant let a #1 pick get away and see tha same thing happen AGAIN with this guy that happened with J O'neal, T-Mac, and yes, Kobe Bryant(charlotte made tha stupidest trade ever, divac for kobe after drafting kobe at #13)
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:06 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:but did u look at my J O'neal comparison? J O'neal didnt even avg over 5 ppg his first FOUR seasons...kwame has gone up each year GRADUALLY...but i think either next year or in his contract season he will explode...

I never remember J. O' Neal asking to come out of the best game of his life. That would be like Slava asking Phil to take him out of the game agaisnt the Hawks, it's unexceptable ecpecially when you are making that kind of money.
JSM

Postby FabFourLakers on Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:32 pm

well hes out of shape then...hes fatigued and that can be changed over time...
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sun Jan 11, 2004 6:38 pm

but if I was a coach that would discourage me from playing him, if he doesn't have enough work ethic to be in shape when he's called upon, I know some teams would bench him for that. The past 2 years he didn't receive a lot of playing time, so that's perfect time to get in shape and work on weak parts of your game, so when you get pt you can show everyone that you deserve to be out there. Usually players that don't try or work on getting/staying in shape end up out of the league, or big disappointment (Kemp, Stanley Roberts)
JSM

Postby Jamaican Lakerfan on Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:12 am

A lot of people blame Jordan and Collins for being too hard on Brown. But looking at him now under more 'player-friendly' coaching tells us that this is no Jermaine O'Neal; he is a dud. He lacks desire, and that can't be taught. If he gets that, then there may still be time to be great.
Jamaican Lakerfan

Postby SWOL on Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:16 pm

ILL TAKE HIM HERE....HE CAN SIT AND PRACTICE AGAINST AND LEARN FOR THE THE BEST PF EVER, AND MAYBE GET IN THE WIEGHT ROOM WITH THE MAILBOX.....YOU GOTTA HAVE SOME TALENT (EXCEPT FOR JOE SMITH) TO GO #1 OVERALL
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby lakerfanimal on Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:02 pm

kwame brown reminds me of joe smith...
ImageImage
lakerfanimal

Postby SWOL on Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:12 pm

NA, HE REMINDS ME MORE OF J O'NIEL....IT TOOK JO LIKE 4 YEARS TO COME AROUND....BUT JO GOT TO PLAY EVERY DAY AGIANST RASHEED AND BRIAN GRANT, THAT UNDOUBTEDLY MADE HIM WHAT HE IS TODAY, WHO DOES KWAME PRATICE AGAINST, LATNER, ETAN THOMAS.....
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:23 am

swolswol wrote:NA, HE REMINDS ME MORE OF J O'NIEL....IT TOOK JO LIKE 4 YEARS TO COME AROUND....BUT JO GOT TO PLAY EVERY DAY AGIANST RASHEED AND BRIAN GRANT, THAT UNDOUBTEDLY MADE HIM WHAT HE IS TODAY, WHO DOES KWAME PRATICE AGAINST, LATNER, ETAN THOMAS.....

yea kwame definetly reminds me of J O'neal...i think he will finaly come around one day...
FabFourLakers

Postby Kobe834 on Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:31 pm

nah, it's been long enough. He's a decent role-player, but in terms of 1st pick, a total fluke.
Kobe834

Return to NBA Discussion