Lakers or Celtics?

Postby Guest on Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:21 pm

Lakers:
Championships won: 14
Finals Appearances: 27

Celtics:
Championships won: 16
Finals Appearances: 18

I think in a couple of years the Lakers will leave the Celtics shadows as the best team in NBA history, but as of now who's better? who has the better dynasty?

Re: Lakers or Celtics?

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:46 pm

Posto wrote:Lakers:
Championships won: 14
Finals Appearances: 27

Celtics:
Championships won: 16
Finals Appearances: 18

I think in a couple of years the Lakers will leave the Celtics shadows as the best team in NBA history, but as of now who's better? who has the better dynasty?

Lakers

they have been to the finals in every decade

the celtics havent been in tha finals since i believe 87? They made tha playoffs like twice in tha 90s and almost got to tha finals 2 years ago against the Nets...but they fell back last year...But the Lakers won tha title 5 times in tha 80s, and maybe once or twice in tha 70s, and i think they got one or two in tha 60s and a couple in tha 40s and 50s, but i guess you can say that they KIND OF didnt go to tha finals during the 90s, but they did get there at tha end of 2000....which is PART of the 99 season...but whatever you know?

Lakers have the greatest players to ever play the game, guys like George Mikan, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Magic Johnson, James Worthy, and NOW they got Shaquille O'neal, Kobe Bryant, Karl Malone, and Gary Payton. The lakers will ALWAYS have greatness around them and will never miss the playoffs as long as Kobe and Shaq are there and even when they are not we will have franchise players coming in and out of LA forever...
FabFourLakers

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:50 am

The Celts were at their best in the 60's. They had a lot of talent back when the league was just expanding and back when they only had 3 rounds in the playoffs. I'd pick the Lakers over them, because like what FabFour said they been to te finals in every decade... Our franchise can excell in any decade, which they have been :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Return to NBA Discussion