Lamar's attitude: the differencemaker

Lamar's attitude: the differencemaker

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:04 pm

On Monday, August 25, 2003, I was just about pissed off here and there. For one thing, I don't like Lamar Odom. His attitude, for one thing. First of all he said that he wanted to stay in LA because he saw all these Clipper Lamar Odom jerseys in LA, which I wear one every day too>>>then he starts getting pissed off at the whole organization.

No, don't get me wrong, y'all, I used to LOVE Odom: although he wanted to be drafted by Miami but an unfortunate mistake for his part put him in the Clips, he is a great lefty shooter at 6'10" and is very versatile, playing all positions except center (maybe he can play that, I'm not sure). I loved his athleticism, his dunks,and his perimeter game. His long arms were also great at D, and I really thought that he would shine--hopefully with the Clips one day.

But Odom would have gotten more recognition throughout the NBA and through this year's offseason, if only he had the willingness to play harder and to stop doing all this crap offcourt. I mean, drugs and all and being suspended for blahblah won't cut it for the fans. Dude, he's also injury-prone. That's a huge setback, but I still didn't regret it all this time. I always thought that he would learn from his mistakes and help the Clips shine, in clutch situations along with Elton Brand.

He only played a combined 76 games for the past two seasons, but still his contributions for far better than off the court. I can see why Donald Sterling loved him, even if he didn't know a goddamn thing about basketball: versatility and able to do anything in the game. Although Odom's numbers dropped this season because he struggled to release the presence of point guard Andre Miller come later in the season (whenever Odom played before Andre came, he mainly initiated the offense--shows that the Clips lacked a good point guard before they got Miller). I think this setback not only caused Lamr's assists to fall from 5.9 to 3.6, but also his scoring and offensive production. Remember the 2001-2002 Clips which featured explosive Darius Miles and Quentin Richardson--along with Elton Brand, Olowokandi and all those other meshes of talented players? I loved those Clippers now. I loved those Clippers like hell. Now, it's different. I know that I've wrote a lot of Clipper articles before, and the most recent one featured Donald Sterling willing to spent his money on hard-prized free agents.

In fact, the Clips almost got Gilbert Arenas this offseason, only have the so-called L.A. Lover join the likes of the Warriors instead. That sucks, like hell. Although the Clips had a "productive" offseason by far from the previous ones this season, Lamar knew that by the end of this season, he wanted to say, "Screw the Clips. I need some fresh players to play with." I don't know if Lamar wants to win, he must be obsessed with Pat Riley or something. I mean, isn't the Miami Heat a hell of a losing team? That doesn't look like it's gonna change this offseason, and Lamar's just pissed off the Clippers didn't show any faith for him at all this season.

I think Lamar's going in the wrong direction. He's not learning his lessons, especially with his latest blurt-out of saying that he directly hated the Clippers. Did Elton Brand or Corey Maggette do that? No. They were NBA products, warriors who knew how to handle business. It doesn't matter which team a player belongs in. It doesn't matter whether it's a bad or good city. Every player needs to try their best, prove their skills, on and off the court. Too bad Lamar's not obeying the rules. The Clips definitely had a right not to match his offer--not because of his game, but because of his lack of intelligence.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Re: Lamar's attitude: the differencemaker

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 26, 2003 1:22 am

rydjorker121 wrote:On Monday, August 25, 2003, I was just about pissed off here and there. For one thing, I don't like Lamar Odom. His attitude, for one thing. First of all he said that he wanted to stay in LA because he saw all these Clipper Lamar Odom jerseys in LA, which I wear one every day too>>>then he starts getting pissed off at the whole organization.

No, don't get me wrong, y'all, I used to LOVE Odom: although he wanted to be drafted by Miami but an unfortunate mistake for his part put him in the Clips, he is a great lefty shooter at 6'10" and is very versatile, playing all positions except center (maybe he can play that, I'm not sure). I loved his athleticism, his dunks,and his perimeter game. His long arms were also great at D, and I really thought that he would shine--hopefully with the Clips one day.

But Odom would have gotten more recognition throughout the NBA and through this year's offseason, if only he had the willingness to play harder and to stop doing all this crap offcourt. I mean, drugs and all and being suspended for blahblah won't cut it for the fans. Dude, he's also injury-prone. That's a huge setback, but I still didn't regret it all this time. I always thought that he would learn from his mistakes and help the Clips shine, in clutch situations along with Elton Brand.

He only played a combined 76 games for the past two seasons, but still his contributions for far better than off the court. I can see why Donald Sterling loved him, even if he didn't know a goddamn thing about basketball: versatility and able to do anything in the game. Although Odom's numbers dropped this season because he struggled to release the presence of point guard Andre Miller come later in the season (whenever Odom played before Andre came, he mainly initiated the offense--shows that the Clips lacked a good point guard before they got Miller). I think this setback not only caused Lamr's assists to fall from 5.9 to 3.6, but also his scoring and offensive production. Remember the 2001-2002 Clips which featured explosive Darius Miles and Quentin Richardson--along with Elton Brand, Olowokandi and all those other meshes of talented players? I loved those Clippers now. I loved those Clippers like hell. Now, it's different. I know that I've wrote a lot of Clipper articles before, and the most recent one featured Donald Sterling willing to spent his money on hard-prized free agents.

In fact, the Clips almost got Gilbert Arenas this offseason, only have the so-called L.A. Lover join the likes of the Warriors instead. That sucks, like hell. Although the Clips had a "productive" offseason by far from the previous ones this season, Lamar knew that by the end of this season, he wanted to say, "Screw the Clips. I need some fresh players to play with." I don't know if Lamar wants to win, he must be obsessed with Pat Riley or something. I mean, isn't the Miami Heat a hell of a losing team? That doesn't look like it's gonna change this offseason, and Lamar's just pissed off the Clippers didn't show any faith for him at all this season.

I think Lamar's going in the wrong direction. He's not learning his lessons, especially with his latest blurt-out of saying that he directly hated the Clippers. Did Elton Brand or Corey Maggette do that? No. They were NBA products, warriors who knew how to handle business. It doesn't matter which team a player belongs in. It doesn't matter whether it's a bad or good city. Every player needs to try their best, prove their skills, on and off the court. Too bad Lamar's not obeying the rules. The Clips definitely had a right not to match his offer--not because of his game, but because of his lack of intelligence.

I agree with whatever u jus said 100%. Lamar hasnt proven [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.], and yet he thinks hes tha [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]...he is nowhere near deserving almost 10 million a year! Corey Maggette is WAY better than Lamar! And he will prove it to everyone this year when he has a break out year!

Yes tha 01-02 clipps(that fell short of tha playoffs by one spot) were tha best! Odom, Maggette, Richardson, Miles, Brand and the Kandi Man...i liked that teamm alot! and thats when Kandi Man began to improve and it thot for sure tha clips would offer him a long term contract...but they [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] gave him a 1 year contract! i was so mad!!! Thats why he left em!

I hope lamar fails miserably in Miami, since miami aint goin nowhere for a copule years! And good luck lamar, u'll be playin ATLEAST the 4 spot in miami...cuz butler already plays tha 3 and jones is at tha 2 and wade will most likely be at tha 1! HA!
FabFourLakers

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:11 pm

dammm...I knew y'all would agree wit me :man1:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

not just lamaar

Postby nosebleedbum on Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:14 am

Lammar is immature and irresponsible but it's not entirely his fault. He hasn't had good people around him. Harrick at Rhode island. Baylor, Sterling, and a bunch of bad coaches with the clips. With Riles he will develop and get that true guidance that he never got at any level. He just wants what's best for his career. The clips ain't it. I think it's a smart decision.

The clips on the other has to be the dumbest group of management ever. To let 3-4 high first round picks go in 1 year without getting some returns on them is just incompetence. It's wasting four years of losing at the fans' expense. Hey elgin, you can save money by trading them for draft picks or other young players. Then again it's a guaranteed job, you don't have to work hard, excel or win....just the way all the players feel when they step on the court.
nosebleedbum

Return to NBA Discussion