Lamar Odom Discussion: Waived, not up to NBA standard (38)

Re: Lakers Reach out to Lamar Odom

Postby karacha on Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:09 pm

^

I agree 100%. This is pretty bad.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:03 pm

WTF come back

http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/25/lamar-odom-missing-khloe-kardashian-crack-cocaine/

Lamar Odom has vanished and everyone in his life fears the worst -- that he's off somewhere on a drug binge ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected to the NBA star tell us people on Lamar's side, and on the Kardashian side have not been able to find Lamar or contact him for nearly 72 hours -- and we're told the main concern is he's hiding out while doing crack cocaine.

As TMZ first reported ... Khloe Kardashian threw him out of the house Wednesday after attempting an intervention which Lamar squarely rejected.

We've already told you Lamar's been battling addiction for at least 2 years -- and even reluctantly agreed to go to rehab in San Diego a year ago ... although he bailed after 3 weeks.

Our sources tell us Lamar has gone off the hinges since basketball season ended and he became a free agent.

We're told his drug addiction is the core reason why his marriage to Khloe has fallen apart.

Short story ... everyone's worried.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Weezy on Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:37 pm

I don't know how trustworthy TMZ is, but I hope it's not as bad as they say. If he's really that bad I'm just concerned for his life, forget basketball. He's had a rough life with a lot of tragedy and I really hope it doesn't end suddenly and tragically.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:00 pm

man I hope that slime ball TMZ is wrong. Unfortunately, when it is dirty they seem to be right. I really hope that isn't true about LO. So disappointing to one of my absolute favorite players to put on the P&G
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Center Court on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:50 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:man I hope that slime ball TMZ is wrong. Unfortunately, when it is dirty they seem to be right. I really hope that isn't true about LO. So disappointing to one of my absolute favorite players to put on the P&G

TMZ is not some gossip/rumor mill like the tabloids. They are very connected and stand a lot to lose. Everything they post is factual.

I disagree with the business model in general, but as someone who reads tmz from time to time, I can say it's real info being posted.

Hope LO can get his life together.
Center Court

Postby Kasumi on Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:54 pm

TMZ is slimy, but in topic rather than accuracy. They post personal details that should remain private matters and in doing so, seem especially conscientious of being accurate. As said before, basketball set aside, I wish the best for Lamar in his life and hope for the best.
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby Finwë on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Wow, had no idea it could be this serious. I read somewhere that there were some drug rumors and whatnot, but never something of this magnitude.. Awful.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby revgen on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:06 pm

I have a hard time believing that a 6'10 man can just disappear. Somebody knows where he is.

It's difficult to hear what's going on with him. If it's crack-cocaine, then he has serious issues.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Sirron on Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:39 pm

He's with me. We're drowning our sorrows with our chemical of choice. He'll resurface when he's ready.
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby Wrath12X on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:19 pm

I really hope Lamar is OK, wow.. :(
Wrath12X

Postby BDG on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:49 pm

This is really sad. I really hope Lamar is OK and they find him safe & sound.

:man5:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Basketball Fan on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:59 pm

He's okay but he doesn't want people to find him right now

He did say he would love to be a Laker though

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/ ... e-a-laker/
Basketball Fan

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Jared Zwerling: Talking to a close contact of Lamar Odom's in NYC. Said while Lamar "is going through a lot in his personal life, he wants to be a Laker." Twitter @JaredZwerling
Ariza3

Postby 432J on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:26 pm

wow that is very bad

lamar just needs time away from basketball to deal with these drug and personal issues
432J

Postby LakerFan1235 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

I hope TMZ is wrong.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby JSM on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:26 pm

Hope everything works out for him and his family. He's going through a lot and hopefully he can get clean and get his life back on track. He wants to come back to the Lakers and I'd gladly take him back in a capacity that doesn't result in a roster spot.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Weezy on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:40 pm

Odom hasn't been the same since he was traded from the Lakers and not even told first. I would still gladly take him back as a player, if it would help turn his life around even better, we have zero to lose this season.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm

agreed. if i were the lakers id sign him just to help him get right with his life. do the guy a favor after ruining him and help him out in his time of need. he did a lot for the lakers. and its not like were gonna do amazing things this season anyways. odom was and always will be a laker and fan favorite.

honestly we could use him to get better and he can use the lakers to get better.
Ariza3

Postby jadej2 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:18 pm

Ariza3 wrote:agreed. if i were the lakers id sign him just to help him get right with his life. do the guy a favor after ruining him and help him out in his time of need. he did a lot for the lakers. and its not like were gonna do amazing things this season anyways. odom was and always will be a laker and fan favorite.

honestly we could use him to get better and he can use the lakers to get better.

The problem is as soon as we sign him the league is most likely going to suspend by the league because of the drug use because they will test him for it.
jadej2

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:02 am

Man. I really hope the Lakers as a collective are reaching out to Lamar.. We can help each other.. He can come rejoin the Lakers family & get some more people back in his life to keep him in check & help him get his life together.. He can split minutes at PF with Hill & step up in the playoffs when we need him to.
lakersin4

Postby Savory Griddles on Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:49 am

I think this is all a moot point as it pertains to him rejoining the Lakers. If/when he does resurface, with all these rumors, you can bet he's getting a "random" drug test thrown at him by the NBA. Even though cocaine is out of your system pretty quick, I can't imagine that's all he's been doing.
Savory Griddles

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:10 am

Savory Griddles wrote:I think this is all a moot point as it pertains to him rejoining the Lakers. If/when he does resurface, with all these rumors, you can bet he's getting a "random" drug test thrown at him by the NBA. Even though cocaine is out of your system pretty quick, I can't imagine that's all he's been doing.

If the problem has been going on for atleast 2 years as the reports have stated, & also spent time in rehab before joining the Clippers last season.. I'm sure getting him in a program would be step 1, they wouldn't put pen to paper until they're sure he's clean. I'm sure the league was aware he attended rehab before joining the Clips, so there's a good chance he was tested.. Hopefully this time he can get clean & stay clean. Retire a Laker & then work somewhere inside the organization so that he can keep the support system in place.
lakersin4

Postby therealdeal on Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:21 am

Why the f*** would you offer a crackhead a million dollars? And if we're waiting for him to go to rehab to get clean and then hand him a ton of money, that makes this franchise the dumbest in the league right now.

If the Busses want to fund/support his rehab that's one thing. But I don't want Lamar anywhere near my locker room right now or any time in the near future.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:33 am

therealdeal wrote:Why the f*** would you offer a crackhead a million dollars? And if we're waiting for him to go to rehab to get clean and then hand him a ton of money, that makes this franchise the dumbest in the league right now.

If the Busses want to fund/support his rehab that's one thing. But I don't want Lamar anywhere near my locker room right now or any time in the near future.

+13334222333456768798800.
kenzo

Postby pound4pound1 on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:49 am

i hope LO finds his way...this truly saddens me...with that said, i want no part of him on this team
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion