Lamar Odom Discussion: Waived, not up to NBA standard (38)

Re: Lamar Odom Discussion

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:32 pm

Lamar Odom’s on the lam, which has led to much speculation regarding his current whereabouts and drug problems. We’re being told Lamar Odom’s best friend Jamie, who often appeared on Khloe and Lamar’s reality show is the real problem, and currently Lamar is holed up with him. Here’s what our source said, “While Lamar Odom was staying at the Roosevelt Hotel with his best friend Jamie, a crackpipe was found in their room.They confronted Jamie and Lamar about if afterwards, and apparently two weeks later Jamie came back to theHotel, and was found pool side passed out on a chair with the pipe in his hand” says our source from the Roosevelt in Hollywood. Our source who knows the two well, tells us, it’s all his best friend Jamie.-TO

Read more at http://www.terezowens.com/lamar-odoms-b ... crXWQgb.99
Basketball Fan

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:11 pm

Overplayimg the drama for new episodes of the show. Bad pub is great pub for a reality show.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:15 am

Lamar Surfaces, Khloé Puts on Ring … but Will That Hush Those Divorce Rumors?

I feel dirty posting rag mag bleep......errrrr.....Yahoo OMG bleep. Just falling on a grenade for CL :man10:

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/l ... faces-khloé-puts-ring-hush-those-divorce-003759356.html
LTLakerFan

Stephen A. Smith Gives Insight On Lamar's Situation

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:57 am

Kobe also called Lamar about coming back to the Lakers

Kobe8Fan

Re: Stephen A. Smith Gives Insight On Lamar's Situation

Postby bnr034 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:40 am

:man6: Miss that dude... him n Ron carried us in Game 7.
bnr034

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:07 am

That actually was a great piece to watch. Such a sad situation. I hope he gets himself into rehab and is able to turn his life around. Where he's at is pretty damn dark right now. It's a shame to see it play out in such a public arena as well, for such a low key guy.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:42 am

once a player leaves, i normally lose all care...but i'm truly saddened over this LO situation..i hope he recovers
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Kobe8Fan on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:22 am

Ryan Hollins Talks About Lamar

ESPNLA 710 Radio ‏@ESPNLA710 37m

.@TheRyanHollins on Lamar Odom: "Everything I heard, he's doing better" LISTEN: http://es.pn/RfXDFW

https://twitter.com/ESPNLA710/status/373138416474406914

That's some good news about Lamar.
Kobe8Fan

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:53 am

agreed. out of recent lakers, theres only a few former lakers i follow and care about since leaving the team. LO, Ariza, Fisher, and Metta now. I really hope he gets well and figures his stuff out. I'm sure a lot of former laker teammates and phil even have reached out. He was a great teammate from what ive seen and read.
Ariza3

Postby nameant on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:31 pm

After the 1st title LO won me over for sure...love that guy. I'd bring him back even with these problems for a few reasons. Not only would he come super cheap bc of his situation but playing for the Lakers could help change his current situation and the best you can get out of LO is HUGE. If he fails at least it won't hurt the pocket much...
nameant

Postby Snakell Beast on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:38 pm

I actually want him to not only recover and get clean, but to get into great shape and redeem himself and wind up playing in the NBA again, for the Lakers. What would be even better would be if he won one more ring as a player and then went into retirement on a high note. Sad that he is going through addiction and a rough transition in his life and career, but I hope and pray that he will recover and I feel and have faith that he will. He is a wonderful guy and I love him. I think he will get it together. He's just blowing off steam and dealing with things he hasn't dealt with in a long time. Best wishes, Lamar. You are amazing...always remember that you are loved and that life is an adventure no matter what changes may be in store for you down the road. Best wishes my brother :-)
The End is nigh. Time for a total Cut and Shuffle. Kobe contract was a mistake...time to avoid making more. The future is here, whether we want it to be or not. An era is over, but for the death rattle, and it's time for the cycle to begin anew. Growth and change are scary and painful, but alas...nothing worth achieving comes easily.
Snakell Beast

Postby Ariza3 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:47 pm

With the reports of Lamar Odom allegedly abusing either crack cocaine or OxyContin, new rumors have surfaced that Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has offered Odom a spot on the team if he goes through rehab, according to celebrity website Radaronline.com.

Mitch Kupchak, the general manager of the Lakers, offered the sensational lifeline to 33-year-old Odom’s agent, Jeff Schwartz, “because the organization and the Buss family are extremely concerned about him,” according to a source with knowledge of the situation, who spoke exclusively to RadarOnline.com.

“The Lakers are a family and even though Lamar isn’t currently on their roster, that doesn’t matter, he’s a two-time championship Laker,” the insider said.

Take these reports with a grain of salt as Radar did not hear directly from Kupchak himself, and the Lakers declined to comment on the reports.

There have been several current and former Lakers who have reached out to Odom and wished him the best and a speedy recovery, but there haven’t been any official reports suggesting that Kupchak has reached out to Odom yet.

We asked Twitter if they thought the Lakers should give Odom an opportunity and most of you believe that Odom should be afforded another opportunity despite the reports surrounding his personal life.

IDK how true this is but i wouldnt put it past the lakers organization for showing so much care to such an important and favorite laker player. The Lakers are a family more than any other team in the league and I hope its true. Also seriously, a healthy clean motivated lamar is a huuuuge asset to our team and the advantage of having so much time with Pau in the front court as well as kobe and farmar would be immeasurable
Last edited by Ariza3 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariza3

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:52 pm

IF HE MAKES IT THROUGH REHAB.

That's the major part. If the Lakers offered him a spot, I'd be happy to take him back AS LONG AS HE MAKES IT THROUGH REHAB FIRST.

The Busses are making a classy move here.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:01 pm

hey they do the same for Beasely... and we can sign them both.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby revgen on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:01 pm

What does "make it through rehab" mean?

That depends upon who is doing the rehab. My guess is that the Lakers have a specific facility in mind.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby therealdeal on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:48 pm

revgen wrote:What does "make it through rehab" mean?

That depends upon who is doing the rehab. My guess is that the Lakers have a specific facility in mind.

Betty Ford Center? Do the celebrities still go there?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby revgen on Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:04 pm

^As long as it's not one of those "Malibu" rehab programs...

http://www.laweekly.com/2008-06-26/news/buying-the-cure/
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Hope Lamar gets himself OK. But don't see how we would get any playing time out of him as he'll likely get tested and then suspended longer this time for repeat offense of banned substance?
LTLakerFan

Re: Lamar Odom Discussion: Rehab / Roster spot rumor-report (32)

Postby TIME on Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:46 pm

.... aaaand back to Lakers Discussion. :freak2:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:22 pm

Hope this is true.. I like the move.
lakersin4

Postby Weezy on Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:56 pm

We have an open roster spot and zero to lose this season. So in part I hope this is true and a sort of honorary (as in the end he probably wouldn't play a lot) roster spot is being offered in order to get him help if his situation is really that bad. I realize the NBA is a business and teams don't hand out money and roster spots for sentimental reasons, but again, we have nothing to lose this season by being bad, or gain by being good. I would applaud the Busses if they did this to get a beloved member of the Laker family help, possibly even save him.

As mentioned pages back, no, giving him what he wants in being back here and money might not be the right move for an addict, but getting him rehab as part of it might be. It's all very strange if true, not typical of what you expect in pro sports, but then I would think it's not even close to the first time that a team has helped one of it's players get clean and done so in a way that we never hear about it. This is only different because he's a former player, but still I think he's a Laker family member for life.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Hope it's true. Lamar could use some official belief in him.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby gcclaker on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:55 pm

Odom needs to be around people who cares about him...that environment wasn't the same in Dallas or the Clippers. The Buss family specifically Jeanie [with Phil]. Kupchak, the holdovers in Bryant, Gasol and Farmar...not to mention Nash who will more than be there to talk to. Once Odom acclimates himself to that comfort...who knows? He could straighten his life and regain some focus on basketball.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 14m
Per team source, the reports that Kupchak had talks w/ Lamar Odom's agent & offered LO a roster spot should he go to rehab are FALSE.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby purp n gold on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:01 pm

I find this sad. One of my favorite players to root for, all I hope is that the man is OK.
There are two teams that play in the Staples Center:
the LA Lakers and NBA Clippers.
purp n gold

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion