Lamar Odom Discussion: Waived, not up to NBA standard (38)

Re: Lamar Odom Discussion: Rehab / Roster spot rumor-report (32)

Postby Weezy on Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:26 pm

Well I hadn't put much stock in that report, but it's still a shame to me he won't be on the team, unrealistic as it is. I just continue to hope he gets help and the Laker family is there for him.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Sirron on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:55 pm

It's pathetic that people put false stuff out there like that though, and it becomes news and viral. Nonsense. :man2:
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Re: Stephen A. Smith Gives Insight On Lamar's Situation

Postby Shadow on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:29 pm

Reason why I will always love L.O. is because he was with us during our ups and downs. He stuck with us and never gave up on us and for that I thank you Lamar.
Shadow

Postby hollywood swinger on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:17 am

i'm really disappointed in LO for being held up in a hotel room with jamie and a crack pipe instead of being held up in a hotel room with a crack pipe and 2 hookers.
the posting artist formally known as west-magic-kobe 8/2004
hollywood swinger

Postby Aristotlexxx on Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:10 am

Lamar Odom has a true Love for the Lakers! I knew this because of the way he acted and the way in which he has been performing since the Lakers first attempted to trade him for Chris Paul. If you live in Los Angeles, and listen to the radio when this happened, Lamar was a guest on one of the sports talk shows when this happened and as he was talking to the Lakers Fans, This guy you can tell was hurt and you kind of knew that even though he had just been voted the 6th Man of the year a few weeks earlier, Lamar was hurt, embarrassed, shocked, and you can tell he wanted to cry! I understood Lamar then and I understand him now. When you have been hurt by someone or someting that you love so much and after you gave your all to, and that someone or thing that you love rejects you and no longer wants you, life is just not the same and you do everything you can to try to forget that someone or thing hurted you so you might try anything that would numb the hurt that is inside of you. We as Fans must pray for and support Lamar Odom because put yourself in his place. What if someone told you that it's over and you can no longer be a Fan of the Lakers? How would you react? I don't know about you but like Lamar, I really love my Lakers and I too would have a feeling of emptiness, just like our Laker brother Lamar Odom. When you have been hurt like Lamar throughout his life and you finally find the one thing that seems to love you and accept you and then it's taken away in a instance, Not many people can not feel like our our Laker Brother Lamar Odom and making a lot of money does not hide the fact that you are a human being and you ae hurting. There are a lot of people in life that are hurting and that's why the drug and alcohol business is recession proof.
Aristotlexxx

Lamar Odom arrested on suspicion of DUI

Postby 100%effort on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:34 am

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lamar-odom-arrested-dui-20130830,0,3202129.story

Veteran NBA player Lamar Odom was arrested Friday morning on suspicion of driving under the influence after he was spotted driving erratically on the 101 Freeway in the San Fernando Valley, the California Highway Patrol said.

Odom, a free agent who has played for the Lakers and most recently the Clippers, was arrested at 3:54 a.m. and booked into jail in Van Nuys at 5:01 a.m., according to jail records.

CHP officials said they spotted Odom driving a white Mercedes sports utility vehicle eastbound on the 101 Freeway near Sepulveda Boulevard. The driver was driving in a "serpentine manner" at speeds of about 50 mph.

Authorities tried to pull over Odom, but he continued driving eastbound, passing Van Nuys Boulevard and Woodman Avenue. He exited at Coldwater Canyon Boulevard and came to a stop, CHP officials said.

Odom showed "objective signs of intoxication and was unable to perform field sobriety tests as explained and demonstrated," according to a CHP report.

Odom was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and possibly drugs.

At the Van Nuys jail, Odom refused all chemical tests and was booked without incident, CHP officials said.
100%effort

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:35 am

Damnit LO get your life together. This is just sad to see.

Forget basketball and pull yourself together.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby gcclaker on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:33 am

Heard the above arrest on the radio this morning. Sad to say but his playing career is over.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:37 am

he just got arrested for DUI...Lamar really needs to get it together, he's falling apart
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby Center Court on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:40 am

gcclaker wrote:Heard the above arrest on the radio this morning. Sad to say but his playing career is over.

This. The nail in the coffin is this DUI.

The past 2 years have been a tremendous regression for LO and this is now rock bottom. All the horrific events of his life have led to this point and it's sad to see a guy with some much good in him and so much talent/love/support abuse his life away.

I think this has everything to do with the guy Jamie who I saw on the Khloe and LO show. He was often shown in the show drunk, incoherent and a mess. LO seemed to always be there to help him. Having seen people on hardcore drugs first hand, I knew it was more than alcohol.

I don't know if crack is the culprit but IMO it's OxyContin which when smoked provides a similar heroin effect.

Teams could over look some rumors of divorce, crack, missing, etc if he hit rehab and cleaned up his act. But I don't think he's doing that. It's a good thing he's got Khloe or I think he'd be falling of the face of the planet.
Center Court

Re: Lamar Odom Discussion: DUI arrest, Van Nuys Jail (33)

Postby TIME on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:58 am

Merging the two LO threads.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Armani on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:27 am

Man, this is sad to see. He went from having his best season to doing drugs and hitting rock bottom. He's done now.
Armani

Postby ChumsGum on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:33 am

Armani wrote:Man, this is sad to see. He went from having his best season to doing drugs and hitting rock bottom. He's done now.

jail isn't rock bottom. he still has yet to lose his wife, his fortunes, ...and god forbid, his life.
ChumsGum

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:21 pm

damn man. LO get it together bro
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Self-destruction. Hard to watch. LO, please get yourself together for your own sake and your family. Come on now. Don't follow your father's footsteps. That's not your path.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Im feeling less and less sorry for him. Millionaire athlete, living in LA, talented and famous...
kenzo

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:53 pm

LO, say it ain't so...

Forget basketball...just stop tormenting yourself, get right and live life. That's all that should matter!
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerzkb8 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:03 pm

kenzo wrote:Im feeling less and less sorry for him. Millionaire athlete, living in LA, talented and famous...

As I said in the other page, money ain't jack if you lost your mom, dads a heroin addict, you were in the vehicle that killed a 15 year old, your cousin passed away recently, tough upbringing, etc etc. Demons will fight you because you aren't at peace.

Im glad the arrest happened. He needs something to wake him up for his kids sake.
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
lakerzkb8

Postby kenzo on Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:08 pm

^ all true but worse things happens. Would you rather be sorry for a guy like Odom (tough life, etc.) or for lets say, kids in Syria?
kenzo

Postby Jon on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:05 pm

Didn't he also lose his baby?
Jon

Postby LOSLAKERS on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:44 pm

This guy is crumbling fast... I can already see it... gets divorced, doesn't play this year and basically ends up another has been in rehab. Sad
LOSLAKERS

Postby Weezy on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:03 pm

kenzo wrote:^ all true but worse things happens. Would you rather be sorry for a guy like Odom (tough life, etc.) or for lets say, kids in Syria?

Oh boy, every time there's a thread like this one person has to go this route. Feeling sorry for Odom doesn't have to take away from feeling for other causes, one doesn't take away from another. Odom's situation isn't any less sad because there are starving children in China and Africa and wherever else. If that were the case you could just point to that in every situation because nothing is more tragic than starving children and children in war time and poverty and disease, and so on.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby karacha on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:19 pm

You know... Lamar had some tragedies in his life, that's true. But, as someone mentioned, this is not rock bottom. He's not broke, he is still healthy and young; he can come back and do something positive in his life if he has the strength to do so. I wish him all the best, of course. But let's be honest: Lamar is not exactly mentally tough. This takes a lot of discipline and maturity and I am not sure he has that.

Therefore, he needs someone to help him; in fact he needs someone to make him take the steps necessary to solve this problem.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby dak22 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:30 pm

Rock bottom would be Eddie Griffin part 2.

Let's hope that's not the case with Lamar. He needs help asap.
dak22

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:47 pm

I actually think this DUI could be a blessing in disguise for LO because maybe the judge will now force him to seek treatment vs. his friends trying to get him to go into treatment voluntarily.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion