LeBron Battling Lower Back Spasms

LeBron Battling Lower Back Spasms

Postby Kobe8Fan on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:56 am

LeBron James is suffering from lower back spasms and tweaked his back during a loose-ball scramble in the Miami Heat's win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday.

"My back kind of locked up on me," he said. "The good thing is it's not my first time having back issues, so I'll be all right."

James scored 18 points and had six assists and five rebounds.

"Obviously he didn't look as spry as he normally does," Erik Spoelstra said. "But he was able to fight through it."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ory?page=2
Kobe8Fan

Re: LeBron Battling Lower Back Spasms

Postby therealdeal on Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:43 am

His body is tired. 3 straight Finals trips gets you this kind of thing.

You can't keep playing basketball almost year round at a professional, peak level and not suffer from some sort of fatigue.

He'll be fine, he just needs rest.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby XXIV on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:00 am

He hasn't looked the same this season and with the east being a better conference this year they'll have an even tougher time getting to the finals.
XXIV

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:04 pm

His quote is funny, isn't it? If he's had back problems before, it should be more of a concern, not less.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:57 pm

therealdeal wrote:His body is tired. 3 straight Finals trips gets you this kind of thing.

You can't keep playing basketball almost year round at a professional, peak level and not suffer from some sort of fatigue.

that was said about our guys but no one wanted to buy it. Lebron is the most physically gifted athlete in the history basketball (hell all sports mind you) and in his prime. 3 Finals runs shouldn't be that hard on him.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:12 am

LeBron has suffered less injuries than a lot of guys, as everyone and their momma loves to remind us, he's athletically more skilled than anyone else so I doubt fatigue has anything to do with it.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Sirron on Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:36 am

It will be interesting to see how his game evolves if he loses his athleticism
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby therealdeal on Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:49 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:His body is tired. 3 straight Finals trips gets you this kind of thing.

that was said about our guys but no one wanted to buy it. Lebron is the most physically gifted athlete in the history basketball (hell all sports mind you) and in his prime. 3 Finals runs shouldn't be that hard on him.

Got to factor in all of the Olympic basketball as well. I don't care how athletic someone is, it wears on you.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Congo Cash on Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:46 pm

The built-in excuse is ready, all hail the king... :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:22 pm

therealdeal wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Got to factor in all of the Olympic basketball as well. I don't care how athletic someone is, it wears on you.

All I am saying is it wasnt an excuse for Kobe or Magic or MJ or anyone else considered in their prime. Hell most of those guys played year round anyway. Pau gets killed and he has basically played for his country every year since he has been in the league except last summer. Kobe has played 216 plus playoff games and he isn't given a "tired" pass. After seeing Kobe play how he does and not get the "he tired" comments. Lebron being the best physical specimen (yes, I know it is said with hate) in the history of sports should not get a pass either. Hell it isn't like he has to carry his team anyway.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby karacha on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Well, sooner or later this happens to everyone. He has been remarkably injury-free so far.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:01 am

Medias are making a big deal of it so excuses are already lining up if needed later

Lebron didn't win the MVP award , yeah but he battles back spasms all season long .

Pacers beat the Heat in the playoffs , yeah but the GOAT wasn't himself
wcsoldier81

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:18 am

karacha wrote:Well, sooner or later this happens to everyone. He has been remarkably injury-free so far.

well when he spent the greater part of his career avoiding taking any serious risk it isn't surprising
puffyusaf#2

Postby therealdeal on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:50 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:All I am saying is it wasnt an excuse for Kobe or Magic or MJ or anyone else considered in their prime. Hell most of those guys played year round anyway. Pau gets killed and he has basically played for his country every year since he has been in the league except last summer. Kobe has played 216 plus playoff games and he isn't given a "tired" pass. After seeing Kobe play how he does and not get the "he tired" comments. Lebron being the best physical specimen (yes, I know it is said with hate) in the history of sports should not get a pass either. Hell it isn't like he has to carry his team anyway.

I'm not giving him any sort of pass at all, it's just a reality. No one can play that much without getting fatigued which leads to injury.

The greats can still be effective through the tiredness and can even elevate themselves when it matters. It remains to be seen whether or not LeBron will be able to do it.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:35 am

No one has said if the spasms are a big deal or not. He'll recover with a few games rest.

It's Wade that should be their main concern. If he can only play every other game right now, things will get worse as the season progresses. The more time he misses, the more Allen has to play. The more Allen plays, the higher the risk for an injury, which at his age could debilitate him for the rest of the season.

Kinda slippery slope I know, but that's the way it works when you have a major injury to one of your starters, and your bench is geriatric.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby thkthebest on Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:25 am

I think LeBron has been having this at the start of the season for a while. He'll be fine (methinks).
My signature
thkthebest

Postby GoldenChocobo on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:55 pm

LeGoat is en-route to a 60/50/80 season (fg%/3p%/ft%).
GoldenChocobo

Postby karacha on Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:41 pm

He's playing good basketball right now. Slightly under his career averages, but with some back issues... it's actually pretty impressive. Hopefully, he'll be alright. I never liked the guy, but I also never want to see people get injured. He's a spectacular talent and it's good for the league if he can stay healthy.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby Iceberg Slim on Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:24 am

This is one of the those threads that don't need a response. From the text, it's clear his back spasms aren't limiting his production. It's news for the sake of news.
www.thesportslyceum.com - personal blog

Iceberg Slim

Postby LakerFan1235 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:17 am

^this
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Return to NBA Discussion