Lebron goes for career high tonight...but still loses

Lebron goes for career high tonight...but still loses

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:34 pm

lebron scored 28 pts grabbed 7 rebs and dished out 8 assists, but his cavs STILL lost on tha road to tha poor wizards...

tha 28 pts is a career high btw for lebron...

oh and its halftime of tha denver game, its 55-36 denver up 19, and a guy named francisco elson has 14 pts? and he started tonight for denver...

funny thing is...CARMELO HAS 0 pts on 0-2 shooting...
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:04 pm

We should have drafted Lebron.

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:27 pm

speakin of lebron, i was in the YAHOO NBA CHAT earlier and this ignorant dude said LEBRON is now better than Kobe and TMAC............how stupid can u get? :mad1:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:34 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:speakin of lebron, i was in the YAHOO NBA CHAT earlier and this ignorant dude said LEBRON is now better than Kobe and TMAC............how stupid can u get? :mad1:

maybe he meant hes better than kobe and tmac in tha sense better than kobe and tmac in their rookie seasons...but hey u cant argue tmac and kobe barely got to play their rookie seasons...

but maybe we shoudl look at tha cavs RECORD before we make any assumptions of how good lebron really is...cuz they are not doin THAT good...they nearly blew a 28 pt lead to tha CLIPPERS for god sakes!!
FabFourLakers

Postby Kobe834 on Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:34 pm

obviously really stupid. But, I gotta hand it to him, I really hate him, but those are some sick numbers for a rookie.
Kobe834

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:36 pm

Kobe834 wrote:obviously really stupid. But, I gotta hand it to him, I really hate him, but those are some sick numbers for a rookie.

yea seriously for an 18 yr old rookie with all that pressure hes doin pretty damn good...but there will always be something wrong with Lebron...nobody will ever be satisfied with him...
FabFourLakers

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:40 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:maybe he meant hes better than kobe and tmac in tha sense better than kobe and tmac in their rookie seasons...

i dont think thatz what he meant because he specificallY said LBJ is NOW at Kobe and Tmac's level...............

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:43 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:maybe he meant hes better than kobe and tmac in tha sense better than kobe and tmac in their rookie seasons...

i dont think thatz what he meant because he specificallY said LBJ is NOW at Kobe and Tmac's level...............

oh really? dang what is he watching...well he isnt there YET but he will be some time in his career...hes that damn good and hes avg almost 18 ppg in his first year...
FabFourLakers

Postby Kobe834 on Wed Nov 19, 2003 8:52 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
Kobe834 wrote:obviously really stupid. But, I gotta hand it to him, I really hate him, but those are some sick numbers for a rookie.

yea seriously for an 18 yr old rookie with all that pressure hes doin pretty damn good...but there will always be something wrong with Lebron...nobody will ever be satisfied with him...

thats the problem with hype these days. Can never have too much huh? Not the kind of basketball I want to watch. I wrote an article on that before the season started. Didn't get much exposure though, so here it is. Again. http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4048
Kobe834

Postby mv_ix on Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:00 pm

if kobe or t mac had the ball as much as lebron, it is possible they wou8ld have put up those type of ##'s. he just needs to find a happy medium between when he should get his teammates the ball, even though he had 8 dimes. also he may want to get his team to play DDDDD. he isn't nearly as good as kobe but he may be able, one day to be the next person to avg. a triple double in a season. he has a pretty complete game. one negative is that he is playing alot and the dogdays of the season haven't approached. check on him in mid jan and feb. also i wonder what was his shot attempts and shots made, also fta and ftm tonight?
Last edited by mv_ix on Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mv_ix

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:05 pm

all I have to say is that sometimes LeBron will get his nights in which he shoots well, especially with a guy like Jarvis Hayes guarding him, another rookie, LeBron>Jarvis, so you know which is the better matchup
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:21 pm

mv_ix wrote:if kobe or t mac had the ball as much as lebron, it is possible they wou8ld have put up those type of ##'s. he just needs to find a happy medium between when he should get his teammates the ball, even though he had 8 dimes. also he may want to get his team to play DDDDD. he isn't nearly as good as kobe but he may be able, one day to be the next person to avg. a triple double in a season. he has a pretty complete game. one negative is that he is playing alot and the dogdays of the season haven't approached. check on him in mid jan and feb.

well u see thats where u MIGHT be wrong...lebron is BUILT and his body prolly wont tire him out like most rookies bodies will...he might be the most DURABLE rookie in tha draft...carmelo's body is not as durable as Lebron's....if anyone is gonna get tired out, it might be carmelo...but both are comin strong this year, its gonna be a CLOSE race for ROY, but i think it will come down to whose team's record was better than last year...since both teams went 17-65...
FabFourLakers

Postby SWOL on Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:52 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:speakin of lebron, i was in the YAHOO NBA CHAT earlier and this ignorant dude said LEBRON is now better than Kobe and TMAC............how stupid can u get? :mad1:

almost as ignorant as the comments in here that say Lebron is OVERRATED....dude is retarted....he aint there with Kobe, T-mac and the truth, but he will be in ther not to distant future
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Guest on Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:17 pm

He still isnt all that, he is a lucky selffish an over grown teenager. I had a chance to see him at the game in Bakersfield and he saw me asking for an autograph, and that fool said maybe later, Can you imagine how in the hell am i gonna be able to get an opportunity like that ever again.. sheeesh maybe late my butt! What a boozo! Screw Labron!

Postby Bulls Fan on Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:12 pm

MJ and LJs career starts = lots of points in a losing effort
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby mv_ix on Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:29 pm

hopefully he will end his career the same as mj. no one has posted last nights fga-fgm and fta-ftm. it may tell alot.
mv_ix

Postby mv_ix on Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:42 pm

mv_ix wrote:if kobe or t mac had the ball as much as lebron, it is possible they wou8ld have put up those type of ##'s. he just needs to find a happy medium between when he should get his teammates the ball, even though he had 8 dimes. also he may want to get his team to play DDDDD. he isn't nearly as good as kobe but he may be able, one day to be the next person to avg. a triple double in a season. he has a pretty complete game. one negative is that he is playing alot and the dogdays of the season haven't approached. check on him in mid jan and feb. also i wonder what was his shot attempts and shots made, also fta and ftm tonight?

i looked it up myself, he was 10 for 18 from the field, 6-8 from the free throw line. thats pretty good., now he has to play DDDD gilbert arenas went for 25 and larry heughes went for 22 so he got back as much as he gave..... mj at least could play D when he was a rook, right bulls fan?
mv_ix

Postby SWOL on Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:33 pm

in case you did not notice Areanas is averaging like 22 PPG...he is gonna get his no matter who is guarding him....hell Houston put a 50 spot on Kobe last year, does that make him a bad defender :man7: NO
SWOL

Postby mv_ix on Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:40 pm

swolswol wrote:in case you did not notice Areanas is averaging like 22 PPG...he is gonna get his no matter who is guarding him....hell Houston put a 50 spot on Kobe last year, does that make him a bad defender :man7: NO

do you know if he was gaurding arenas or hughes... ididn't know that's why i put both. that being said, the point needs to be made that he is playing the same or better quality players every night, and players who are used to the nba season, unlike lebron. :freak2: people on lebrons jock think he's going to take over the league right away and that's just not going to happen. houston went for 50 last year on kobe, what did he do last night 10 pts. point made. :man2:

gilbert arenas 20.8/ game allan houston 22.4/game per nba.com
mv_ix

Postby SWOL on Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:52 pm

WHO SAID HE WAS GONNA TAKE OVER THE LEAGUE THIS YEAR

HE WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE VERY VERY SOON, AND IF ANYONE DISAGREE'S WITH THAT IT IS EITHER HATERATION, LACK OF BASKETBALL KNOWLEDGE OR JUST SOME ONE WHO IS UNHAPPY WITH THIER LIFE AND JUST WANTS TO SEE PEOPLE FAIL

OF COURSE THERE ARE A LOT OF TALENTED PLAYRES PLAYING ON A HIGH LEVEL, BUT SHOW ME JUST 1 NOT NAMED DUNCAN OR SHAQ WHO CAME RIGHT IN AND DOMINATED

HE'LL TAKE HIS LUMPS BUT HE WILL BE GREAT....NOT GOOD BUT GREAT SO DONT HATE
SWOL

Postby mv_ix on Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:14 pm

Bulls Fan wrote:MJ and LJs career starts = lots of points in a losing effort
mv_ix wrote:hopefully he will end his career the same as mj.

of course he will be one of the best of all times.... i've posted many times he has the possibility to be the next to avg a triple double for a season ( the only other besides the big O). there are those who feel that he is el numero now and that's not he case. he gotto learn to make his team better. in h.s. he could win by himself if needed, he can't do it now and he has to make sure it doesn't wear on him
mv_ix

Postby SWOL on Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:27 pm

WHO SAID THAT
SWOL

Postby Bulls Fan on Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:40 pm

yes MJ did have better defense and he had already had a 40 pt game by this time. BUT you cant compare them because MJ also had a NCAA ring. Had MJ went to the NBA right out of high school he would have been like Kobe.....7-12ppg...etc.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:54 pm

all i hafta say is i didnt even expect lebron to break 20 points this season...i honestly thot he'd avg like 8-10 ppg and like 4 apg...

boy was i wrong...and i never hated on lebron...ive been following him since his junior year in high school when he COULDA been in tha NBA after his junior season! he was THAT good...and for an 18 yr old ROOKIE, hes doin pretty damn good at about 17 ppg a game and like 7 apg and 6 rpg...pretty soon that will be 25 ppg 10 apg and 10 rpg...
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion