Lebron got dunked on by Kobe

Lebron got dunked on by Kobe

Postby sTicK_12 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Atleast a Kobe. LOL.
sTicK_12

Re: Lebron got dunked on by Kobe

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:25 pm

Lebron's looking like Karl Malone with that new haircut.
Frank Dux
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:01 am

Frank Dux wrote:Lebron's looking like Karl Malone with that new haircut.

He is :man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby nameant on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:58 am

Meh...he didn't even try to block it. LeBron does look funny tho.
nameant

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:04 am

I think they're all lining up to dunk on him... is that what's happening?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:38 am

therealdeal wrote:I think they're all lining up to dunk on him... is that what's happening?

what's happening is LeBron told all those fools 'no autographs, no pics' after when they tried to approach him

then the players started whining to the media about it and said 'he's not like Kobe...Kobe you can talk to and take pictures with'

i kid you not...this is what i read in a Philippine report...cracked me up
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:52 am

Well Kobe is a basketball God overseas. He's done a tremendous job of marketing himself and his brand over there.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby laker911 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:11 am

Misleading title is misleading.
laker911

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:27 pm

therealdeal wrote:Well Kobe is a basketball God overseas. He's done a tremendous job of marketing himself and his brand over there.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news ... 013/07/26/

For the last couple of years, Kobe Bryant has developed a great relationship with the people of Asia as a result of his “Kobe Asia Tour” and the 2008 Beijing Olympics. He is by far the most popular athlete in Asia and even has a statue in China.

LeBron James is currently in Manila for a promotional event for Nike Philippines and to no one’s surprise, has already been compared to Kobe.

Although James has won two consecutive championships and Finals MVPs, the Philippines aren’t too fond of him and praise Kobe for his efforts to connect with fans.

According to Sports Interactive Network Philippines, James isn’t outgoing and refuses to take pictures or sign autographs with the fans:

“He’s a snob. When you go near him, even if you haven’t said anything, he’s quick to tell you, ‘No pictures, no autographs.’ So we never really wanted to get close to him in the first place.”

These fans tried their best to understand that James is on a tight schedule and doesn’t have enough time to interact with the fans, but praised Kobe for trying to fit in and accommodating his fans:

“Kobe’s charisma is on another level. He knows how to fit in. When he isn’t doing anything, he accommodates those who want a picture or autograph. If not, he knows how to decline politely.”

It’s no surprise that Kobe is the most popular athlete in Asia because there is mutual respect. The fans really appreciate all he has done and in return, Kobe has always tried his best to connect with them. Like James, Bryant doesn’t have to go out of his way to interact with his fans but his efforts likely stem from how he is received in the United States these days.

In a time when the media at home is praising LeBron for his accomplishments (which are well-deserved), they simply try to find ways to disrespect Kobe and what he’s done in his career. The people of Asia view him as a living legend while the media here somehow wants to twist that two rings are better than five (and sometimes even six).

The unfortunate truth is that people will finally come to appreciate Kobe like they do in Asia when he walks away from the game — and that’s a shame.
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby therealdeal on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Nice.

I think what you might be seeing is a little bit of the same thing we saw with Jordan/Kobe here.

Jordan was here first, he blew up, the world wasn't ready for Kobe to try to take over so quickly. In Asia, Kobe blew up and they might not be so ready to just give the keys to LeBron as the next great.

Everyone knows though that Kobe is the Asian basketball legend. The crowds he gets over there are frightening. It was part of why I thought it was silly that Houston tried to publicly say "we can help Dwight reach out to China". Sorry to break it to Houston, but Kobe is the biggest thing throughout Asia, not retired Yao and the Rockets.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Frank Dux wrote:Lebron's looking like Karl Malone with that new haircut.

He almost looks as big as him.
LTLakerFan

Return to NBA Discussion