LeBron's mom has been arrested at a Miami hotel for assault

Re: LeBron's mom has been arrested at a Miami hotel for assault

Postby Congo Cash on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:22 am

LakeShow09 wrote:
The lawsuit, filed Tuesday, alleges that valet Rock Feller Sorel suffered, among other things, "emotional distress, humiliation, mental anguish [and] loss of capacity for enjoyment of life" after allegedly being struck by Gloria James in the early morning hours of April 7 at the Fountainbleau hotel.

So that's why Delonte was always so depressed, she musta slapped him too!! :man1: :man1:

Wow...

Emotional distress and loss of capacity for enjoyment of life just because of a freaking slap...

Oh, he went for a medical attention too...

Pathetic.
- insert signature here -
Congo Cash

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:58 am

I do feel sorry for LeBron, not so much his mother though. I can see why LeBron can be such a douche now, he wasn't properly raised..and that's not his fault. I hope his mother gets help because she really needs it. The fact that LeBron was able to turn out the way he did is actually remarkable. I don't like the dude, but i kind of understand why he is the way he is. Growing up without a father and basically without a mother would definitely affect anybody...let alone a kid like LeBron. So props to him for rising above the adversity, and i can see why he's so loyal to his friends...because they were probably his strength through all the tough times with his mom and i'm sure he became close with his friends parents and tried to learn more from them...wasn't he close with his HS coach or something?
FabFourLakers

Postby Basketball Fan on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:40 am

His HS coach pretty much was a father figure he lived with them until his HS career was over.
Basketball Fan

Postby Basketball Fan on Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:15 pm

LeBron James’ mother settles suit with Fontainebleau Miami Beach valet

James Nathaniel S. Butler / NBAE/Getty Images

Fullsize previous | nextImage 1 of 3
BY JOSE LAMBIET
GOSSIPEXTRA.COM
That’s the Christmas spirit!

Miami Heat superstar LeBron James’ mother has agreed to settle a nasty lawsuit brought against her by a valet she slapped because he didn’t bring her car fast enough, Gossip Extra has learned.

The terms of the settlement were not disclosed, although a source familiar with the case said Gloria James will be paying ex-Fontainebleau Miami Beach valet Rock Feller Sorel for his trouble.

Neither Chris Lyons nor Sandy Becher, Gloria’s attorneys, commented.

A legal source says attorneys are still haggling with LeBron’s publicists over a damage-control statement about the deal.

Bob Stok, Sorel’s attorney, wouldn’t comment on the details but said Sorel’s happy to have the incident behind him.

“He was embarrassed and shamed by what happened,” Stok said.

The lawsuit was filed nearly two years ago in the wake of a fracas that ended with Ms. James arrested on battery and disorderly intoxication charges.

The first charge was dropped, and she was sentenced to community service for the second.

In civil court, things were much more tense. At one point, Gloria James was ordered to return to Miami on a private jet two days before a hearing to make sure she would show up.

The settlement comes as the case was headed for a Jan. 7 trial that threatened to ensnare Heat charity director Steve Stowe. He was the one who got James released to him before she was shipped to the stockade.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/03/3 ... rylink=cpy
Basketball Fan

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:03 pm

The terms of the settlement were not disclosed, although a source familiar with the case said Lebron James will be paying ex-Fontainebleau Miami Beach valet Rock Feller Sorel for his trouble.

Fixed
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Previous

Return to NBA Discussion