LeBron the favorite again to win the MVP this season

LeBron the favorite again to win the MVP this season

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:00 pm

LeBron James Strongly Favored to Win 4th MVP Award
Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 at 2:45 pm
The safe bet for NBA MVP this season, according to Vegas oddsmakers, is (not surprisingly) the guy who won the award last year. LeBron James is the odd-on favorite to collect a fourth Maurice Podoloff trophy. Per the Palm Beach Post: “Not a surprise, but Bovada has LeBron James listed as a strong favorite to win his fourth MVP […] LeBron James (MIA) 9/5, Kevin Durant (OKC) 15/4, Kobe Bryant (LAL) 12/1, Russell Westbrook (OKC) 16/1, Dwight Howard (LAL) 16/1, Steve Nash (LAL) 16/1, Chris Paul (LAC) 20/1, Kevin Love (MIN) 20/1, Dwyane Wade (MIA) 22/1.”
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/20 ... mvp-award/

I guess the doing more with less thing is officially out of the MVP rule book, and it's officially statistical effiency?. Oh well congrats to him the only people with multiple MVP's are MJ, Wilt, Russell and Kareem. That's good company.
Jazzygirl205

Re: LeBron the favorite again to win the MVP this season

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Nash (2)? Magic (3)?
LTLakerFan

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:41 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:Nash (2)? Magic (3)?

Yeah Nash, Magic, Tim Duncan
Jazzygirl205

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:07 am

I still don't get why he got it last year. They didn't get the best record in the East...and I believe the Thunder and Spurs had better records...why couldn't have Durant been MVP last year? It's just stupid that Kobe got no consideration for MVP when he had "help" in 2009/10, didn't get it on 2007/08 either when he had "help", didn't get it any of the 3 peat years when he was getting 30-6-5 because he had Shaq....and now LeBron gets to collect multiple MVP's and people are talking about Wade and Bosh as ROLE players....last time I checked these 2 were all stars, olympians, won finals MVP and a title previously (Wade), and are either at the TOP of their respective positions (Wade is either the BEST sg in the league or 2nd to Kobe according to all these stupid ANALYSTS) or they're top 5 at their respective position (Bosh is a top 5 PF). I dunno its just funny to me that the criteria has changed once again to suit the media's picks. Kobe got robbed of at least 3 or 4 MVP awards through out his career...and same could be said for Shaq...its a shame that 2 of the greatest players to ever play the game will go down with a combined TWO regular season MVP awards....TWO!!!!! I hope KD gets one this year...or maybe even one of our own....Dwight Howard? (although we know that ESPN would have a field day with that and find a way to trash Kobe because of his TEAMMATE getting the MVP award and not him)
FabFourLakers

Postby thkthebest on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:08 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:I guess the doing more with less thing is officially out of the MVP rule book, and it's officially statistical effiency?. Oh well congrats to him the only people with multiple MVP's are MJ, Wilt, Russell and Kareem. That's good company.

Who does more than LeBron?
thkthebest

Postby noobiew on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:10 am

MVP Multiple Winners

6 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
5 - Michael Jordan
5 - Bill Russell
4 - Wilt Chamberlain
3 - Larry Bird
3 - Magic Johnson
3 - Moses Malone
3 - LeBron James
2 - Tim Duncan
2 - Karl Malone
2 - Steve Nash
2 - Bob Pettit
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby nameant on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:45 am

Gotta give him credit. He carries the Heat on his back. He doesn't have a lot of help but he gets the job done somehow.
nameant

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:03 am

^ He had Wade (previous Finals MVP) and Chris Bosh (multiple All-Star). Not to mention a few savvy vets in Battier, Haslem, and Miller. I think he had plenty of help.

He'll win again. Unless KD does something totally unexpected or Dwight somehow dominates LA even with Kobe there.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby D.B. Cooper on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:47 am

Turn on your sarcas-0-meter on
D.B. Cooper

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:49 am

nameant wrote:Gotta give him credit. He carries the Heat on his back. He doesn't have a lot of help but he gets the job done somehow.

The dude had two superstars on his team along with excellent role players. To say he doesn't have alot of help is ridiculous.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby funkychunky on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:57 am

D.B. Cooper wrote:Turn on your sarcas-0-meter on
funkychunky

Postby Juronimo on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:18 pm

thkthebest wrote:
Jazzygirl205 wrote:I guess the doing more with less thing is officially out of the MVP rule book, and it's officially statistical effiency?. Oh well congrats to him the only people with multiple MVP's are MJ, Wilt, Russell and Kareem. That's good company.

This. Lebron is far and away the best player in the league right now. It's his to lose.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby LakerFanIam on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:14 pm

Lebron put up 27/6/8 with almost 2steals/gm and shot 53% from the field last season.... Not sure how that doesn't get him the MVP.
LakerFanIam

Postby nameant on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:36 pm

He may never lose another MVP again.
nameant

Postby revgen on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:45 pm

LakerFanIam wrote:Lebron put up 27/6/8 with almost 2steals/gm and shot 53% from the field last season.... Not sure how that doesn't get him the MVP.

It shouldn't get him the MVP because Kevin Durant averaged 28ppg, 8rpg, 3.5apg, 1.2bpg, 1.3 spg, shot 58.2TS%, and most importantly, his team had the better winning record despite playing in the stronger western conference.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby LakerFanIam on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:24 pm

revgen wrote:
LakerFanIam wrote:Lebron put up 27/6/8 with almost 2steals/gm and shot 53% from the field last season.... Not sure how that doesn't get him the MVP.

It shouldn't get him the MVP because Kevin Durant averaged 28ppg, 8rpg, 3.5apg, 1.2bpg, 1.3 spg, shot 58.2TS%, and most importantly, his team had the better winning record despite playing in the stronger western conference.

Trust me, I would have much preferred KD getting the award, BUT when you factor in that Lebron was in the top five for DPOY voting as well... It was his year. Hopefully Durant gets his soon.
LakerFanIam

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:53 pm

nameant wrote:Gotta give him credit. He carries the Heat on his back. He doesn't have a lot of help but he gets the job done somehow.

:man10: I love the sarcasm
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:34 pm

revgen wrote:

The Thunder were lucky enough to not have any of their key players suffer major injuries, the Heat lost Wade and Bosh for decent stretches and still finished the season well (4th in the league in SRS while the Thunder were 3rd)

So once you get past team success then it just boils down to LeBron averaging better numbers and having a lot more impact on his team than Durant.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:54 pm

thkthebest wrote:

You could certainly make an arguement for Dwight.
Frank Dux

Postby kenzo on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:59 am

noobiew wrote:MVP Multiple Winners

6 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
5 - Michael Jordan
5 - Bill Russell
4 - Wilt Chamberlain
3 - Larry Bird
3 - Magic Johnson
3 - Moses Malone
3 - LeBron James
2 - Tim Duncan
2 - Karl Malone
2 - Steve Nash
2 - Bob Pettit

Not seeing Kobe's name on this list makes me SMH :disagree:
kenzo

Postby lakersStan24 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:01 am

Yeah its Definetly LeBron's
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Return to NBA Discussion