Lee Nailon to the Hawks.

Lee Nailon to the Hawks.

Postby Shaq Fan on Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:21 pm

It is reported on www.hoopshype.com

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby SWOL on Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:20 pm

Nice pick for the Hawks....Lee can fill it up
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby JSM on Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:37 pm

I wonder if Stephen Jackson is still planning of going to the Hawks, or if they got Lee because they couldn't get Jackson. If they get both then they will now have at least done something that is beneficial to the team during this free agency.

That would give them a decent roster, definitely better than what everyone thought it was going to look like a month ago, when it was thought that JT was on his way out of Atl.
There roster (if they get S. Jackson & Lee)

Theo
Shareef
Nailon
Jackson
Terry

And then Demarr, Mohammed, and Vaughn coming off the bench.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:04 pm

jsm0331 wrote:I wonder if Stephen Jackson is still planning of going to the Hawks, or if they got Lee because they couldn't get Jackson. If they get both then they will now have at least done something that is beneficial to the team during this free agency.

That would give them a decent roster, definitely better than what everyone thought it was going to look like a month ago, when it was thought that JT was on his way out of Atl.
There roster (if they get S. Jackson & Lee)

Theo
Shareef
Nailon
Jackson
Terry

And then Demarr, Mohammed, and Vaughn coming off the bench.

you forgot dion glover(extremely underrated)...even if they dont get jackson, they'll still have Glover at the 2, and hes a solid 2, and nailon at 3, and if they dont get Nailon or Jackson, move glover to the 3, and put terry at 2 and vaughn at 1....so the hawks got some options here...i feel bad for the 2 Jacksons who are still unemployed(Stephen and Jimmy) at this point i'd take whatever offer thats on the table cuz training camp has started already
FabFourLakers

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:56 pm

Nailon is NOT a bad pickup...a Slava Medvedenko-type playa...man the Hawks are the late aggressors of the offseason.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby JSM on Mon Sep 29, 2003 8:05 pm

FabFourLakers wrote: you forgot dion glover

Wow, I did, I thought I mentioned him, I must have over looked him when I was typing this. But if they can land Stephen and Nailon then they will have done quite well late in this off season, especially with what's left.

I actually think IF they land these 2 they will do better than they did last year. They will have 2 guys that don't have to get the ball or don't have to score like Robinson. They would have a decent starting line up, especially for an eastern team and would have some talent off the bench.

Yet, I saw how they blew talent last year, and the year before, and the year before that, and so on; so I don't think they will get anywhere far....unless they get a superstar or something, and a new coach couldn't hurt.

The team with Nailon and Jackson would prove to be fun to watch (compared to last years games) and the hawks would probably win a couple more games, but still wouldn't go anywhere, and would still be stuck in the lottery.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:05 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote: you forgot dion glover

Wow, I did, I thought I mentioned him, I must have over looked him when I was typing this. But if they can land Stephen and Nailon then they will have done quite well late in this off season, especially with what's left.

I actually think IF they land these 2 they will do better than they did last year. They will have 2 guys that don't have to get the ball or don't have to score like Robinson. They would have a decent starting line up, especially for an eastern team and would have some talent off the bench.

Yet, I saw how they blew talent last year, and the year before, and the year before that, and so on; so I don't think they will get anywhere far....unless they get a superstar or something, and a new coach couldn't hurt.

The team with Nailon and Jackson would prove to be fun to watch (compared to last years games) and the hawks would probably win a couple more games, but still wouldn't go anywhere, and would still be stuck in the lottery.

if they get Nailon and Jackson look for ATL to be major sleepers, cuz nobody expects them to make the playoffs, not even their own management like they did last year! I just played NBA Live 2003 with tha lineup of Ratliff, Abdur-Rahim, Nailon, Glover and Terry and i bet the Hornets 100-88, and none other than GLOVER led my team with 21 points....i kinda liked it, they were more exciting....

If Terry becomes that 20pts/10 assists/2steals kind of point guard this year, the Hawks can make a huge run for that 8 spot that is up for grabs in tah east..

im rootin for ATL, they are really startin to redeem themselves here after that Glenn Robinson trade and the sale of the team....then they rebounded by matching Terry's offer, re-signing Glover, and now possibly getting Lee Nailon and Stephen Jackson to fill those voids at tha 2 and 3 spots...
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion