like anyone would or should care but...

like anyone would or should care but...

Postby JSM on Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:35 pm

Eric Montross is retiring because of a lingering foot injury. That's another center that retires from the Raptors.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Roscoe on Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:35 pm

Oh man really, he had a great career... :man10:

"Injustice anywhere is injustice everywhere." - Martin Luther King Jr.
Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby Ring It Up on Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:37 pm

How will the NBA replace his star power? Sad day.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby JSM on Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:42 pm

I wonder if they will retire his number, have a retirement cememony, or have a press conference announcing his retirement "from the game of baasketball"
JSM

Postby Roscoe on Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:44 pm

I think the NBA should retire his number. Uhh what number was he anyway?

Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby JSM on Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:46 pm

I don't know about in Toronto, but most of his career he was sporting the number 00
JSM

Postby BoogieKnight on Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:53 pm

I thought he retired like 5 years ago. :spineyes:
BoogieKnight

Postby Roscoe on Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:54 pm

I didn't even know he was in the NBA...j/p

Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:10 pm

He shot poorly two seasons ago from the stripe...like 32%. Does he belong in the league at all? He had absolutely no potential in my opinion. :mhihi:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:18 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:He shot poorly two seasons ago from the stripe...like 32%. Does he belong in the league at all? He had absolutely no potential in my opinion. :mhihi:

comin into tha NBA he had a whole lot of potential. He was drafted 9th overall by Boston in tha '94 draft, and avg 10 ppg and 7rpg in his first season. But then the downfall came.After 2 seasons with boston he was traded to DAL, then traded again to NJ, and then again to PHI, and then to detroit, where he was miserable and even avg .8 ppg one season with Detroit! He was a terrible, TERRIBLE mistake in the NBA, and he got lost and was injury prone. Sad, sad story

wish him tha best of luck in tha future...

i think he will become a motivational speaker when hes done with basketball WHICH he is....
FabFourLakers

Postby Roscoe on Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:20 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
rydjorker121 wrote:He shot poorly two seasons ago from the stripe...like 32%. Does he belong in the league at all? He had absolutely no potential in my opinion. :mhihi:

comin into tha NBA he had a whole lot of potential. He was drafted 9th overall by Boston in tha '94 draft, and avg 10 ppg and 7rpg in his first season. But then the downfall came.After 2 seasons with boston he was traded to DAL, then traded again to NJ, and then again to PHI, and then to detroit, where he was miserable and even avg .8 ppg one season with Detroit! He was a terrible, TERRIBLE mistake in the NBA, and he got lost and was injury prone. Sad, sad story

i think he will become a motivational speaker when hes done with basketball WHICH he is....

Yea Fabfour, comin into the NBA Mateen Cleaves had alot of potential too and still does. He did a solid job in Detriot, but then got traded to the Kings where he got lost on their bench...

Roscoe
ClubLakers O.G.

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:21 pm

Roscoe wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:

Yea Fabfour, comin into the NBA Mateen Cleaves had alot of potential too and still does. He did a solid job in Detriot, but then got traded to the Kings where he got lost on their bench...

haha still talkin bout tha mateen potential factor? OK so he did have alot of potential comin into tha NBA, since he led Michigan State to the Title...hasnt really gotten a chance...i think he should go to a young team like the grizzlies or the nuggets he would fit in there
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:30 pm

there's a diff between players not getting a chance and players who just plain flat-out stink

Return to NBA Discussion