Linsanity: Career high 38

Re: Jeremy Lin agrees to 4 year deal with Rockets

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Linsanity will continue in New York City.

This just in: Dolan matched on Lin after finding necessary luxury tax capital under his living room couch pillows...

Source: Peter Vecsey
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:43 pm

He's the only reporting that right now...
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:43 pm

lol fake man u gotta stop believe those people at boxden man :man10:
PurpleNGold1

Postby eltoro on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:28 am

Uh oh. If its true that NYC is matching then JR Smith and Melo aren't going to be happy since they don't think Lin deserves that money.
eltoro

Postby Kingsama on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:31 am

KeepBynum wrote:Linsanity will continue in New York City.

This just in: Dolan matched on Lin after finding necessary luxury tax capital under his living room couch pillows...

Source: Peter Vecsey

I think that is just him trying to make a joke. I would wait for an actual report of a match before we get ahead of ourselves.
Kingsama

Postby Aonex on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeckNYT
Posting momentarily to http://nytimes.com : Lin will be a Rocket. Knicks deliberations over.
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:28 pm

Turns out they won't match it. :man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Re: Linsanity: Knicks won't match Rockets offer - pg 4

Postby juninho on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:39 pm

felton would have eaten lin for breakfast anyway
juninho

Postby TIME on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:40 pm

juninho wrote:felton would have eaten lin for breakfast anyway

Along with everything else he could reach. :pd:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Massacre on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Of course the Knicks wouldn't bring back the centerpiece to the most amount of success they've had in years. That would make TOOOO much sense. Of all teams, the New York Knicks are being cheap? Jeremy Lin is a bank.

They brought back Raymond Felton, though. :man10: :man10: :man10:
Massacre
Clublakers Moderator

Postby The Rock on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:50 pm

I think Jeremy Lin is a very good player but not an All star. He will be an All star because his popularity is off the charts. Knicksmade the right choice of lettin Lin go. Felton & Jason Kidd are adequate replacements & they dont cost $25mil like Lin would have. Most of Lin's success came last year with Amare & Carmelo gone with injuries. I think Kidd & Felton fit better with those two than Lin does. What the Knicks miss out on is someone who can make them potentially a good $10-$20mil but theyre the Knicks if they win and stay in the middle of the playoff picture their brand is good enough to make most of that up

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:54 pm

This is a terrible move by the Knicks. You don't let an enterprise like Lin walk away for NOTHING. Houston is getting a steal right now. They literally would have had NO point guard to start the season if knicks matched. At the very least, Knicks could have re-signed him, and then traded him next year or the year after before they get hit with the tax on that 15M in the 3rd year....he has value to ANY team. Not a smart move by the Knicks....not smart at all....but good for Jeremy Lin. He's going to get all the opportunity in the world with the Houston Rockets. I know one thing: Asik and Lin are going to be fantasy monsters next year.
FabFourLakers

Postby abeer3 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:23 pm

i've never been sold on lin. i'm still in prove it to me, mode, as is, apparently, his former employer.
abeer3

Postby eltoro on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:03 pm

Lin > Felton > Kidd

BTW, Kidd was drunk driving the other night. He should be suspended from the NBA forever.
eltoro

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:37 pm

eltoro wrote:Lin > Felton > Kidd

BTW, Kidd was drunk driving the other night. He should be suspended from the NBA forever.

Yes you have said this multiple times....we get how you feel about it.....sheeesh!
LTLakerFan

Postby jimbo327 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:02 pm

Spike Lee can go kill himself now. The only bright spot on the Knicks last year, and Dolan goes cheap. Go figure. I'm actually quite shocked that Knicks didn't match. Instead they sign fat Felton with his grandpa Kidd back him up. Good call..not :man3: . :man10:
Soylent Green is People!
jimbo327

Postby Finwë on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:26 pm

Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Said this before - and soon Berman of the Post will claim he reported it - but I still think this goes back to Knicks wanting Chris Paul
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby eltoro on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Lot of people on Knicks forums are mad at Dolan and the Knicks management. People are actually blaming Amare and Carmelo, with Melo taking the brunt of the criticism. Carmelo was interviewed today saying it isn't his fault. Something really fishy. Whatever the case, Linsanity in NYC is officially over. Midnight eastern time has struck.

Now, the Knicks are stuck with an out-of-shape PG, and one that drives drunk.
eltoro

Re: Linsanity: Lin now a Rocket - pg 4

Postby dmaul on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Is he worth all that money after only playing a handful of games? Probably not, but he's got great marketability and popularity. Fans everywhere root for a guy like him and he had the whole league on fire for those magical two weeks. Maybe not good reasons to dole out such money but they could've traded him before that third year or unloaded one of their other ugly contracts. Instead, now they've got a point guard who's twenty pounds overweight and another with a DWI and a ticked off fanbase. Oh yeah, and did I mention that Carmelo is a gigantic douche for throwing Lin under the bus like that. Even if it is the truth, since when do you break the honor code and talk trash about your own teammate in public. Just doesn't seem right to me.

So have fun New York going back into the toilet, with your Melo and JR ISO ball chucking, disorganized dispirited offense, 1st round exiting future. You just let go the guy who brought more excitement to Knicks basketball than they've seen in decades.
dmaul

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:55 pm

Finwë wrote:
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
Said this before - and soon Berman of the Post will claim he reported it - but I still think this goes back to Knicks wanting Chris Paul

Sorry Knicks, but you have no trade assets or cap space.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby eltoro on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:05 pm

dmaul wrote:Is he worth all that money after only playing a handful of games? Probably not, but he's got great marketability and popularity. Fans everywhere root for a guy like him and he had the whole league on fire for those magical two weeks. Maybe not good reasons to dole out such money but they could've traded him before that third year or unloaded one of their other ugly contracts. Instead, now they've got a point guard who's twenty pounds overweight and another with a DWI and a ticked off fanbase. Oh yeah, and did I mention that Carmelo is a gigantic douche for throwing Lin under the bus like that. Even if it is the truth, since when do you break the honor code and talk trash about your own teammate in public. Just doesn't seem right to me.

So have fun New York going back into the toilet, with your Melo and JR ISO ball chucking, disorganized dispirited offense, 1st round exiting future. You just let go the guy who brought more excitement to Knicks basketball than they've seen in decades.

JR Smith also kinda disrespected Lin basically saying that Lin didn't deserve the money. JR actually spoke two days ago and said that the Knicks were moving in a different direction from Linsanity, which indicates that he knew of the management decision before the deadline. JR has admitted to texting Melo and Amare in the past and one has to assume that management consulted, at least, Carmelo before making a decision. Then, Melo likely texted other teammates. In fact, Melo admitted that both he and Amare were excited to have Felton on board, and that was the same day that he threw Lin under the bus and said that he sucked.

Knick fans are ripping Dolan and Carmelo on their boards.
eltoro

Postby dmaul on Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:37 pm

^ yeah, I mean no one disagrees that he is being overpaid. But to talk about your teammate's contract to the media is just, I don't know, an a-hole move. Who cares what your teammates are paid? The fans and the media can judge because we're outsiders. Teammates are supposed to be brothers. And some people in here are bringing race into the picture? Honestly, that didn't even occur to me, that racism was underlying in these comments. I just think these guys are jerkoffs and Lin is probably better off getting away from them. I do feel bad for the Knick fans though. They've suffered a long time and they're going to continue suffering. I wonder what Spike Lee is thinking right now.
dmaul

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:19 am

Pathetic. Houston offered Lin a huge offer sheet do these morons honestly expect him to decline it?
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:04 am

Overpaid for him by a country mile. Here is hoping they market the hell out of him because they wont be winning much of anything with him and that roster.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby kray28 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:05 am

The Knicks are such a joke organization. Good luck to Lin in Houston. The Rockets are still getting a veritable bargain here. Lin is also actually very good...I don't know why people are talking down his ability as a player. If he wasn't any good, there wouldn't have been any hype in the first place. The guy singlehandedly turned around the season for the Knicks until Melo came back and the offense when down the toilet again.
kray28

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Discussion