Luis Scola has been traded to the Pacers

Luis Scola has been traded to the Pacers

Postby Basketball Fan on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:10 am

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/95136 ... -publicist

Publicist: Luis Scola to Pacers

The Phoenix Suns' Luis Scola is headed to the Indiana Pacers in a trade, according to his publicist in Argentina.

Scola
Juan Sebastia, who runs Scola's website, tweeted Friday night that a trade to send the Argentine big man to the Pacers would be officially announced Saturday.

Neither team commented in the immediate aftermath of the tweet.

But sources with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com that one trade scenario on the table would send swingman Gerald Green and future draft considerations to Phoenix in exchange for Scola, whose arrival in Indiana would only strengthen a front line headlined by center Roy Hibbert and the recently re-signed David West.

Sources told ESPN that subsequent reports out of Argentina about former All-Star swingman Danny Granger being included in the trade were erroneous.

The Pacers have shown interest in Scola dating to his days with the Houston Rockets and have made it clear since a Game 7 loss to the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference finals that they would try to do anything they could to close the gap.

The Suns picked up Scola a year ago in an amnesty-provision auction after the Rockets waived the 6-foot-9, 245-pound power forward. Scola is due to earn $4.5 million in 2013-14 in the second year of his contract with Phoenix.

Scola, who has averaged 14.2 points and 7.5 rebounds in six NBA seasons, scored 12.8 points with 6.6 rebounds per game last season for the Suns.
Basketball Fan

Re: Luis Scola has been traded to the Pacers

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:11 pm

They took Miami to 7 games with a terrible bench ... now they get Granger back and added Watson , Copeland and Scola ...2014 Finals bound
wcsoldier81

Postby Johnnyboy on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:40 pm

I don't think scola has much left in the tank, but this the perfect team for him.
Johnnyboy

Postby Weezy on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:51 pm

Pacers had a really good offseason, and with Miami tired from 3 straight Finals, if they can stay healthy they are going to give Miami all they can handle.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Frank Dux on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Great trade for both teams. Scola can't guard a chair, but the Pacers have a top 3 defense, and a top rim protecter, so they should be able to hide his deficiencies nicely. The Pacers will benefit from Scola's offense.
Frank Dux

Postby Finwë on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:54 am

The Pacers are stacked. If they stay healthy and everyone plays as expected, I see them getting out of the east.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:29 am

Hill / Watson
Granger / Stephenson
George / Copeland
West / Scola
Hibbert / Mahinmi

That's about as complete as a team as you are going to see. All they needed was scoring off the bench and they have it now.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby GNC on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:29 pm

That is one hell of a team... hope they take it to Miami!
GNC

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:29 pm

Good move for both teams. Scola is going to waste on a bottom feeder, but he is a really nice addition to a contender. He can still nab you at least 10 & 6 and log 28 minutes a night.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby odom1year on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:33 pm

What a perfect addition.
odom1year

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:29 am

More importantly is that they dumped Gerald Green. I'd like to know what that pick was.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Basketball Fan on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:31 pm

2014 first round protected pick
Basketball Fan

Postby therealdeal on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:35 pm

Basketball Fan wrote:2014 first round protected pick

Wow! It took a 1st Rounder to get away from Green, eh? Ouch.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:19 am

therealdeal wrote:

It's not like Scola is some scrub. I wouldn't trade Scola for just a fringe rotation player (Green) and a young prospect either (Plumlee).
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:20 am

Doc Brown wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

It's not like Scola is some scrub. I wouldn't trade Scola for just a fringe rotation player (Green) and a young prospect either (Plumlee).

I don't even think Green is a fringe rotation player honestly. The guy isn't a great shooter, defender, a bad passer, and doesn't have great handles. He has other worldly athleticism though. That athleticism and a hot few weeks in Brooklyn earned him a terrible 3 year deal from Indiana. I would have thought a 2nd round pick would be enough to get rid of him, but that's a good trade for both sides.

The Suns got a really nice haul for an aging Scola and the Pacers get a guy to help solidify their interior which was already a strength last season.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:13 pm

for 20-25 minutes a game, he keeps west and hibbert fresh and can carry the load for stretches. they desperately needed another guy that could score, and scola isn't an bad option at all.

i think this team is neck and neck with miami to win the east.
Pig Miller

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:52 pm

therealdeal wrote:More importantly is that they dumped Gerald Green. I'd like to know what that pick was.

I remember when everyone here was butt hurt that we didn't sign him. I'm glad we didn't. he's always been a low IQ guy with little to offer.
Frank Dux

Return to NBA Discussion