Luke Walton: Legendary "Appreciation" Thread

Re: Luke Walton: Legendary "Appreciation" Thread

Postby Balance&Options24 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Fans might have thought the Cavs were just trying to pump Luke Walton’s trade value when Byron Scott said recently that Walton was the biggest surprise of camp. But the Cavs truly believe it. Walton believes a combination of yoga, pilates and strength training over the summer left his back feeling better than it has in years. He dealt with a minor hamstring issue recently, but appears healthy and moving well. Akron Beacon Journal

Walton will probably make this team, and not just because the Cavs owe him $6 million. He obviously isn’t part of their long-term plans, but his expiring contract could be a nice chip at the trade deadline — particularly since the tax penalties will increase significantly for teams over the cap beginning with the 2013-14 season. Akron Beacon Journal

Oh man,as a Laker fan this was the year I was waiting for!!! the year Luke was finally going to be tradeable it came a year early for us.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:45 pm

:man10:

Can anyone say contract year?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Legendary on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:17 pm

LakerFan1235 wrote:casspi too? I definitely thought that guy could play in the NBA.

Here's my favorite Casspi moment, the angry fist-pump at the 1:04 mark...he was pissed. :man10:

Legendary

Postby Phil XI on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:29 pm

If Phil comes back, would you trade Duhon + Clark for Luke. Not to play any meaningful time but to add another experienced Triangle vet to practice for the 2nd squad. Only Kobe and Pau are experts. Ron in his 2 yrs barely had it down and Blake only got 1 year in it.
No experience: Dwight, Nash, Hill, Jamison, Meeks, Ebanks, Sacre, Morris, DJO.

Luke for Duhon/Clark?
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby Finwë on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:56 pm

Phil XI wrote:If Phil comes back, would you trade Duhon + Clark for Luke. Not to play any meaningful time but to add another experienced Triangle vet to practice for the 2nd squad. Only Kobe and Pau are experts. Ron in his 2 yrs barely had it down and Blake only got 1 year in it.
No experience: Dwight, Nash, Hill, Jamison, Meeks, Ebanks, Sacre, Morris, DJO.

Luke for Duhon/Clark?

Not even funny
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby GoldHammish on Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:57 pm

We can't even get Walton until 1 year after whatever last season's trade deadline was anyway.
GoldHammish

Postby Phil XI on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Oh yea I forgot that rule.
Its really sad that Duhon has less value than Luke, and that Orlando MADE the Lakers swap McBob for him.
Get 17!!
Phil XI

Location: Thanks Ron for Gm7! You'll always be a Laker Legend!

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:51 pm

the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby gill on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:33 pm

gill

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:42 am

Coming off his 4 pt / 5 reb / 6 ast / 4 steal game....

The 'How Is This Guy Relevant?' All-Stars
Luke Walton — yes, Luke Walton — is playing important NBA minutes. Who else is logging surprising time? Plus: The mess in Detroit and the lies of a Lakers broadcast.
By Zach Lowe on April 2, 2013
PRINT
A couple of weeks ago, in highlighting the surprising potency of the Luke Walton–Shaun Livingston give-and-go, I noted Walton would be the captain of the "I Can't Believe He's This Relevant" Team. That led to a natural question: Could you build a 15-man roster of such players? Here's a crack at the 2013 Luke Walton All-Stars.

STARTERS

Luke Walton, forward, Cleveland Cavaliers (Captain)

Walton was a broken-down piece of cap fodder the Lakers had to toss into last season's Ramon Sessions trade — or, alternatively, the relatively expensive price Cleveland had to pay in order to acquire a first-round pick from the Lakers and the right to swap picks this summer, a potentially tasty treat the Cavs only get to execute if the Lakers sneak into the no. 8 spot.1 Walton hadn't played even 500 minutes in any season since 2008-09, and he had logged just 65 minutes for the 2011-12 Lakers before the Sessions deal. He was nearly 32 and slow, with a very bad back; the league just assumed he'd take on the role of brainy hoops mentor/nice locker-room guy for the young Cavs.

And then Byron Scott started playing him, to a reaction of astonishment and laughter. Walton can't guard anyone, he barely looks to shoot, and he misses 60 percent of the shots he does take. But, holy cow, his passing transformed the Cavaliers' bench2 into a shockingly entertaining squad. Walton is dishing nearly seven (!) assists per 36 minutes, and the Cavs have played better on both ends when Walton is on the floor, per NBA.com. His chemistry with Livingston has been legitimately entertaining, and the Livingston–Walton–C.J. Miles–Marreese Speights–Wayne Ellington bench mob has poured in better than 107 points per 100 possessions — the equivalent of a top-five overall mark. Opponents have outscored that lineup, but it has been a fantastic watch as the Cavs pop an unusually high number of 3s from the corners behind Walton's smart passing in space. A nice little story.

He's actually been pretty useful for the Cavs. All the fans celebrate when he gets his half triple double 5/5/5. :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:21 am

^I don't know why its funny or shocking Luke has been a consistant smart player. He isn't going to light up the score board but will give you quality minutes. His offensive rebounding is severly underrated and his passing is above average. He does almost move backwards when it comes to the speed department though. lol.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:58 am

If only Luke had JR Smith's body with that brain.

He'd be a perennial okay player.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:15 am

l always liked Walton...aware of the injuries that he's accumulated over the seasons that made him even SLOWER than he already was. There's reasons why Jackson trusted him. Walton will move the ball and make the right play...keep his man in front of him even if they blow past. Now if only they bought back that NBA ball that made him a Steve Novak type of shooter.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:40 am

Contract year, what a shocker.
khmrP

Postby The Rock on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:30 am

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team