Malone leaving Utah

Malone leaving Utah

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:47 am

You know it sickens me when a living legend like Karl Malone doesn't get the respect he deserves. I know we all hate him but secretly inside we have deep respect for him. The Jazz owner made it public that he doesn't care what the Mailman does in the offseason. Whether he goes to San Antonio or even LA, it makes little difference. We saw the same scenario happen in Chicago with MJ and now most recently in football with the Cowboys giving up Emmit Smith to the Cardinals. Why don't owners show their appreciation to the players that made them billions?

Sound off Y'all!
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby FirstLady on Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:02 pm

I agree with you, DA. You gotta respect his game. It's unfortunate that the league has a number of players (current and retired) that will never, ever win a ring, and Karl is one of those whose consistant game has deserved one.

As for the Jazz's owner not respecting or caring about what Karl does or where he ends up, it could be that he's tired of hearing Karl's mouth. I mean, I don't know all the details, but knowing how Karl dissed Magic back in the day about the whole HIV thing, I'm sure his mouth has worn out his welcome in Utah.

That's just my opinion, though I could be totally wrong.
FirstLady
Clublakers Queen (1st Female)

Postby clublakers on Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:57 pm

I dunno, I still feel bad blood between Malone and the Lakers.

Malone is a shell of his former self, and I would just assume get a younger prospect. We really don't expect anything out of our PF other than boards and some D.

...unless Johnny comes with him as a package deal?
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Malone to LA - no way

Postby whats golden on Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:07 pm

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Lets get some youth, not veterans. We have to amazing veterans who know what it takes to win a championship (Shaq and Kobe), what we need is some younger players - spend the money on obtaining Howard, Clark and Terry. Malone has nothing left. Even if he does deserve a ring he isn't going to come to LA for a free ride. Jazz should have beat the Bulls for his ring end of story

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:35 am

All I think is the Lakers just need a decent backup for Shaq, and a consistent player at the PF position. Other than that, Fox and George can rotate the SF, and Kobe, Pargo, Fisher, Rush can rotate the guards. PERIOD. We need to develop our younger players and not trade them. Bringing in new players will confuse the triangle offense again. Experience is key w/ the triangle offense. Keep the same players and work on backups for the PF and C positions.
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Apr 17, 2003 2:00 am

I lost all respect for Malone when he REFUSED to play in the Dream Team with someone who has HIV. We had the best players that year in 92, and even though Karl was a part of that, just the fact that he cared more about his opinions, and the other players didn't mind, but him...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby ZenMaster on Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:57 am

I agree FirstLady, it's a shame but I too think Miller is tired of Karl's yapping. (Who wouldn't be?) But even if they were to package John with him in some sort of deal, I don't think the Lakers should bite...I feel Karl should just hang it up, personally, his 'J' disappeared a LONG time ago...plus I just don't see Stockton willing to be a backup to Derek Fisher, sorry. I think that with the limited funds we will have available in the offseason, esp. if Shaq gets his BIG exten$ion, we should pursue other, younger options...
ZenMaster

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:06 pm

Don't get me wrong, I still believe that Karl Malone can help any contending team out there and will surely be welcomed with the purple and gold. He is still physically fit, can score if needed, play D, and can still rebound. Another valuable aspect of the mailman is the valuable advice and experience he can relay to our young players. Pargo, Rush, Madsen, and George are still young and can take as much valuable advice as they can take. Even though Kobe has more NBA FINALS experience and victories, he is still 24 and should absorb some knowledge. Learn the mistakes Karl made, so to make sure that you won't repeat the same thing.

HOPEFULLY KARL HAS ALREADY FORGOTTEN THE TIME KOBE WAIVED HIM OF THE LANE IN THE 1998 ALL-STAR GAME. NO HARD FEELINGS, MAILMAN. :mad1:

LETS GO KID SKILLZ!!!!!!!!THE REAL MVP IS THE NBA FINALS MVP!!!!!!!!!! :patriot:
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Danny Ainge on Fri Apr 18, 2003 3:57 pm

Karl has had a long controversial stay in Utah. Ever since his arrival in which they proclaimed him as an "Uncle Tom". One can never question his work ethic though. Along with MJ, he has done a remarkable job of keeping in shape. True his Rogaine experiments have left him bald but everything he has done has been beneficial to his robust body.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Fri May 02, 2003 6:08 pm

WITH STOCKTON RETIRING TODAY, KARL MALONE HAS BASICALLY ONE FOOT INSIDE THE STAPLES CENTER DOOR AT THIS MOMENT.

A POWER FORWARD THAT CAN SHOOT THE OUTSIDE J.

A GREAT ADDITION TO THE LAKERS. THIS WILL KEEP THE OTHER POWER FORWARDS HONEST AND NOT DOUBLE TEAM SHAQ AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY.

GO LAKERS!!!!!!
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Snakell Beast on Tue May 13, 2003 11:38 am

I for one would LOVE to have Malone. he could scale down his minutes and points and give us 14 ppg and 6-8 rpg and wind up with both his record AND three rings, then he can ride off into the sunset and we can replace him. Sounds good to me...
Snakell Beast

Return to NBA Discussion