K-mart wants out- mo money please

K-mart wants out- mo money please

Postby nosebleedbum on Sat Aug 09, 2003 10:25 am

K-mart is reportedly unhappy with contract extensions negotiations so he has demanded a trade. In one scenerio, portland would ante up Rasheed and Sabonis/Patterson for K-mart and Dikembe.

The nets should jump on this in a heart beat. K-mart is a big talker who didn't back it up in the playoffs. He disappeared in at least 2 finals game. This would be forgiveable if he didn't call out his team mates the year before. Basically he got van horn traded. Then he Flubbed. Now he wants the max- duncan money since there's no garnett money anymore.

The Nets could actually give the lakers a tough series (7 games) if they can get Wallace.

The matchups-

PG- Payton vs Kidd a wash
SG- Kobe vs Jefferson ( edge to Kobe but he has to defend and his shots won't come easy. Kobe has to work for everything)
PF- Malone vs Wallace (slight edge to wallace, younger taller, more athletic) note- Malone destroys K-mart here.
SF- Fox/George vs Kittles ( even, depends who's hot at the time)
C- Shaq vs Zo (Big edge to Shaq, although when zo was healthy he gave Diesel fits, too quick for shaq. )

Bench - edge to Nets, too many veterans, awesome role players. nobody old old either.

In the end. the winning factor would be Shaq and the lakers mystique. The Lakers in seven. But i'm telling ya. We need a three point shooter in those close games. Miller, Smith, somebody please. It's like the Rob phenomena- they don't do much for most the season but when it's time to step up they can and will. So what if they're old and can't play D. Just hit the big shot.
nosebleedbum

Postby SWOL on Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:11 am

the Nets would have the same problem after next year.... a superstar PF that is a FA and wants max money....id stay with Kenyon......Rasheed is by far better, but he is an A-Hole.......who knows WTF he is gonna do????? he'd prob walk
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby SWOL on Sat Aug 09, 2003 11:13 am

SG- Kobe vs Jefferson ( edge to Kobe but he has to defend and his shots won't come easy. Kobe has to work for everything)

WTF.....Kobe would destroy R Jeff.....hands down....R Jeff couldnt swing from Kobe's Nut sack :man7: :man7:
SWOL

Postby echo nation on Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:41 am

has anyone evceer noticed that position by position break down never determines a game?
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:51 am

... depends on the team as a whole
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby echo nation on Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:14 am

exactly

otherwise the Bulls of the 90s would never have done as well

the reason they are so good (other than having the top 2 players at the time)... is that they were so effective at exucting when they had to... role players stepped it up, not great players by any means but players who knew how to play a role that was needed
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby eaglecorules! on Sun Aug 10, 2003 1:59 am

Anyone ever notice that weird-[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] twitching he does when they interview? It's almost like he's a robot with a glitch in his program. He'll be talkin normal and all of a sudden, he twitches and skips like a scratched CD. :man3:
eaglecorules!

Postby echo nation on Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:01 am

no i've never moticed that

i bet it would make for one hell of a laugh tho
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:17 am

eaglecorules! wrote:Anyone ever notice that weird-[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] twitching he does when they interview? It's almost like he's a robot with a glitch in his program. He'll be talkin normal and all of a sudden, he twitches and skips like a scratched CD. :man3:

who???
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby echo nation on Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:27 am

i assumed he meant KMArt becuase thats who this thread is supposed to be about
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby STFU on Sun Aug 10, 2003 2:42 am

NJ WOULD BE CRAZY NOT TO TRADE FOR WALLACE.......
STFU

Postby echo nation on Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:09 am

Short term Wallace has GREAT talent... but hes a walking time bomb and he's much older than Kmart

Kmart fits... if they can work something out, do it... if not, then Sheed is not a bad condolence at all
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby LaKeRsDyNaStY on Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:12 am

not short term -_- wallace is only 3 years older then kmart
LaKeRsDyNaStY

Postby echo nation on Sun Aug 10, 2003 3:16 am

Kmart has a bigger upside

Sheed wont be improving much from here
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Echo-

Postby nosebleedbum on Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:12 am

true. comparisons never determine a game. Rumors never determine a trade. Yet we- YOU, i, every body talk about it. HOw strange.

Also, everyone may say that rasheed is a headcase. Like K-mart has his head screwed on straight??? Both are emotional players. Analysts have compared Sheed's skills with Garnet. I tend to agree- post ups, threepoints, some passing, plus he's a legit big and cand defend big. K-mart plays PF but Weber, malone,duncan, dirk... guys in west manhandles him. K-mart really is more of a SF.

Note: Swol. Kobe's nut sacks are reportedly quite tender this season..with his wife constantly kicking it and all- women have a way of reminding you sometimes. So he probably does not want jefferson dangling from his swollen testes in the first place.
Sure Kobe abuses everyone- even really sick athletes like Marion. But in a team scenerio- Jefferson better than Bowen, christie can stay in front of him until help arrives. Most others guards can't buy that time.
nosebleedbum

Postby JSM on Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:27 am

this message messed up so I posted it below, because it wouldn't let me delete this post
Last edited by JSM on Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Sun Aug 10, 2003 11:29 am

eaglecorules said-Anyone ever notice that weird-[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] twitching he does when they interview?

Yeah, I've noticed that, does anyone know what he has? K-Mart will be talking then he'll twitch and then he'll be fine for a minute and then do it again.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby SWOL on Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:18 pm

echo nation wrote:Kmart has a bigger upside

Sheed wont be improving much from here

disagree completely

talent wise Wallace is as good as KG and Duncan

his problem is 2 things

1 - he is a hot head and will never be able to control his temper

2 - he is on a team with a lot of scores and never gets to fully showcase his talents....once he leaves we will see the full spectrum of what Sheed can do.......

K-Mart will never have the Post Skills and Polish that Rasheed has........K-Mart isnt exactly Mr Even Kiel

Rasheed is and will alway be a better Player than K-Mart
Rasheed is just a :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
SWOL

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Aug 10, 2003 12:34 pm

Have you guys heard that NJ is trying to unload enough cap space, so they can acquire KG next summer. Their primary intention is to unload Mutumbo's $37M contract for the next two years. Since Martin is unhappy that he is not recieving a max extension he would be packaged in a trade to sweeten the deal. Who seriously wants to take on Mutombo's monsterous contract? But if they are also recieving Martin as part of the deal, there might be some takers. Wallace would be ideal for NJ, since he only has one year left on his contract. Which means that he can either become a FA next summer and walk or if the Nets are interested in him, can re-sign him to a contract. Lets say Wallace walks and lets also say he is packaged in a trade with Sabonis....NJ would have unloaded Mutumbo's contract which would give them $37M, they would have also let Wallace walk and would probably waive Sabonis (seeing how they already have Zo) giving them $7M more. They can seriously gun for KG, with all that cap space. But this best case scenario would have to include a trade between Portland and the Nets of Martin and Mutumbo for Wallace and Sabonis. Then KG would also have to agree to take less, since Minnesota could offer him substantially more. Just imagine if this worked out....1-5..
Kidd, Kittles, RJ, KG, Zo...thats a young and very dangerous team.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby echo nation on Mon Aug 11, 2003 12:26 am

swolswol wrote:talent wise Wallace is as good as KG and Duncan

his problem is 2 things

1 - he is a hot head and will never be able to control his temper

2 - he is on a team with a lot of scores and never gets to fully showcase his talents....once he leaves we will see the full spectrum of what Sheed can do.......

K-Mart will never have the Post Skills and Polish that Rasheed has........K-Mart isnt exactly Mr Even Kiel

Rasheed is and will alway be a better Player than K-Mart
Rasheed is just a :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

o i agree that Sheed is definaelte the better player... i guess "upside" is a bad choice of words... i meant more of "value"?

i mean, im not saying it impossible, but i honestly doubt Sheed will ever reach his potential becuase of his temper

thats all i mean, but defiantely... i must agree Sheed is one of the most talented players in the game today
Just A Saturday Away
echo nation

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:16 am

jsm0331 wrote:eaglecorules said-Anyone ever notice that weird-[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] twitching he does when they interview?

Yeah, I've noticed that, does anyone know what he has? K-Mart will be talking then he'll twitch and then he'll be fine for a minute and then do it again.

Holy [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] i thot that was a glitch on TNT or something! I DEFINETLY NOTICED THAT!!! I thot there was something wrong with my tv, but holy [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] that was WEIRD!

I definetly agree with Vasashi17. The only reason why NJ would wanna trade K-Mart and Mutumbo for the likes of Wallace is becuz they need to unload Mutumbo's HUGE contract, and Wallace will be a FA next summer, and they can really work some deals. I can definetly see a HUGE sign and trade deal next summer, maybe Wallace and another player for KG, but i think Minnesota is the only team that can offer him the MOST, but depending on how far the Twolves go in the playoffs this year, KG might wanna stay...but the day he goes to the east is the day he goes to the NBA finals...

and NJ better make that trade quick, cuz if they can get somebody like Wallace for Martin, and get rid of old and worn out Mutumbo, they would be lucky, but i'd hate to see a player like Martin with all that potential go to waste in Portland, but atleast he would fit in with the rest of the blazers right?
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion