McGrady back to Toronto......

McGrady back to Toronto......

Postby LakersChamps04 on Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:59 am

What really seemed as the impossible has suddenly become plausible.
Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady, distant cousins whose one-time rocky relationship has grown stronger in the past year, could very well be suiting up as Raptors teammates for the second time.

As far-fetched as this incredible twist of fate appears, sources believe the scenario has merit. They say McGrady misses playing with Carter, misses Toronto and has become so distraught at the losing in Orlando that he would like to come back. It's believed McGrady told a member of the Raptors during Toronto's visit to Orlando last Friday that he would welcome a return.

First off.....wat a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. If he decides to go back to Toronto, he'll look like the biggest loser. BUT, Carter and TMac would be kinda scary...they would own the east for years to come
LakersChamps04

Postby shaqpak34 on Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:35 am

:wow:

how amazing would that be.....but they gave up any defensive hope they had by givin up jerome williams and antonio davis, and got more offense with jalen rose....i doubt this will happen cus then theyll become like the mavs of the east....score 150 and the team they play will score 149

btw, where u get that article..please provide a link man..
shaqpak34

Postby LakersChamps04 on Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:39 am

i dont got a link....i got this off lakersground....someone mentioned it over there, so i though id mention it here
LakersChamps04

Re: McGrady back to Toronto......

Postby Guest on Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:39 am

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady, distant cousins whose one-time rocky relationship has grown stronger in the past year, could very well be suiting up as Raptors teammates for the second time.

As far-fetched as this incredible twist of fate appears, sources believe the scenario has merit. They say McGrady misses playing with Carter, misses Toronto and has become so distraught at the losing in Orlando that he would like to come back. It's believed McGrady told a member of the Raptors during Toronto's visit to Orlando last Friday that he would welcome a return.

IMO, props to T-Mac to getting his senses knocked into him. Vince and McGrady would have played us at least ONCE if T-Mac didn't bolt for Orlando. Remember, Vince was one three pointer away from a complete a** whoopin by the 11-0 Lakers. Personally, a team with McGrady and Carter would have at least taken away one game from Shaq & Kobe, just like an Iverson inspired Sixer team did. This would bring better parity to the league if those two could still play with each other. I'm an 80's nostalgic so it would be great for the 4 HOF'ers to get some game from the East Coast again.

Even though McGrady left Toronto fans hanging (they showed a lot of support for him during his free agency), I think they'd be forgive and forget as much as we forgave and forgot about Karl Malone; you just want your team to be competitive. The NBA really needs the competition. As a side effect, it would legitimize this current Laker squad's position as one of the Greatest Basketball teams of All Time.

Kobe was quoted in a past issue of slam magazine, and I'm only paraphrasing it from memory, he doesn't pity Tracy because he had a good thing going with Vince. But he gave it up to be the man. Hopefully he figures out that one's ultimate and purest purpose in the NBA is to go after what Gary Payton and Malone are playing for.

First off.....wat a [censored]. If he decides to go back to Toronto, he'll look like the biggest loser. BUT, Carter and TMac would be kinda scary...they would own the east for years to come

Postby JSM on Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:52 pm

this belongs in the NBA Discussion forum
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:11 pm

I found the source to this article:
Slam Sports

And here it is in it's entirity-
Slam Sports: T-MAC WANTS BACK IN T.O.?

McGrady bolted the Raptors for the Magic in 2000. He has an out-clause in his contract following next season.

During Toronto's only visit to Orlando, Carter and McGrady looked so much at ease playing against one another.

If T-Mac is ever to come back, the Raptors would have to move a big-ticket player like a Jalen Rose, who has been traded three times during his career. Rose has a huge contract, one that runs out following the 2006-07 season when he'll make close to $17 million US.

Sounds crazy but remember, crazier things have happened.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:36 pm

T Mac wants to be the main go to guy. That's why he left Toronto in the 1st place. He made a name for himself with the Magic, but since he already has that status, he wants to win now. I guess he feels that since he aint winnin, it's more easier to play with the Raptors. I'm all for T-Mac goin with the Raptors. He'll be WAY more successful up there.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Guest on Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:25 pm

The Raptors don't have the players to trade for him, but wait, McGrady is a free-agent after this season and could go wherever he want's..

Rose, Mcgrady, Carter as starting SG, PG, SF for the Raptors would be crazy good.

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:57 pm

naw magic would do sign and trade...mcgrady said he wouldnt screw tha magic over like shaq did...

I say T-Mac and another player for rose and BOSH(u KNOW tha magic would want a young kid like him)

i'd like to see t-mac back in toronto with VC, they would tear it up!
FabFourLakers

Re: McGrady back to Toronto......

Postby LAKERNATION on Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:05 pm

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Vince Carter and Tracy McGrady, distant cousins whose one-time rocky relationship has grown stronger in the past year, could very well be suiting up as Raptors teammates for the second time.....

First off.....wat a [censored]. If he decides to go back to Toronto, he'll look like the biggest loser. BUT, Carter and TMac would be kinda scary...they would own the east for years to come

i personally dont think carter is all that in terms of being a big game player & he lacks the competitive fire of kobe or mj...even tho he is a human hilite reel, remember, THIS IS THE SAME DUDE WHO WAS DANCING ON STAGE AT A NELLY CONCERT WHEN HE WAS "TOO INJURED" TO PLAY BASKETBALL!!
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:08 pm

T-Mac and his magic lost AGAIN tonight....i dont know how much longer of this T-Mac or tha Organization can take....if they lose more than 20, there HAS to be a trade or somethin...
FabFourLakers

Postby LAKERNATION on Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:06 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:T-Mac and his magic lost AGAIN tonight....i dont know how much longer of this T-Mac or tha Organization can take....if they lose more than 20, there HAS to be a trade or somethin...

youre right F4L!! i think what you're seeing here is mcgrady responding to the first real pressure situation of his whole career & he's not handling it very well....bad things tend to show what a person is made of!! EVEN AFTER KOBE & SHAQ HAD THEIR ORIGINAL SPAT AFTER THE 1ST RING, THEY SACKED UP & USED IT AS MOTIVATION!! THAT'S WHEN WE HAD THAT RECORD-BREAKING 15-1 DOMINATION OF THE PLAYOFFS!! NOW, KOBE COMES THRU 2 HORRENDOUS PRE-SEASON EPISODES (ONE OF HIS OWN DOING) & HANDLES THE NEGATIVE PRESSURE VERY WELL...

mcgrady's problems are little baby issues compared to what kobe's going thru & he's talking about "I MAY RETIRE NEXT YEAR!!".YOU ALREADY GOT DOC RIVERS FIRED, SO SACK UP T-MAC & DEAL WITH IT, OR WE MAY HAVE TO START CALLING YOU TRACY McBABY :man6:
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

Postby BDG on Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:15 pm

MCgrady is gonna be working at MCdonalds next year.

I would have used that one.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby LAKERNATION on Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:56 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:MCgrady is gonna be working at MCdonalds next year.

I would have used that one.

GOOD ONE, BDG!! OR ELSE WE COULD CALL HIM T-WACK
PURPLE & GOLD FOREVER
LAKERNATION

Return to NBA Discussion