'Melo drains 37.

'Melo drains 37.

Postby Shaq Fan on Sat Dec 27, 2003 9:31 am

Carmelo Anthony had a great game last night, 37 pts. 5-8 from the land of plenty. So far, that is his career high.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby FoldedSpace on Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:38 am

I sat down to watch that game.Carmelo was lighting it up in the 3rd quarter.Everyone wants to talk about Lebron.I say screw Lebron this is the real deal right here! :jam2: This boy is almost single handingly turning around this basketball club......

I like what I see! :man1:
FoldedSpace

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:08 pm

FoldedSpace wrote:I sat down to watch that game.Carmelo was lighting it up in the 3rd quarter.Everyone wants to talk about Lebron.I say screw Lebron this is the real deal right here! :jam2: This boy is almost single handingly turning around this basketball club......

I like what I see! :man1:

he has one good game after like 5 straight bad games and u guys are all over him? Atleast Lebron gets everyone else involved, he gets points, rebounds AND assists...Carmelo has HELP from his teammates, but he did step up last night...with 22 pts in tha 3rd quarter alone...thats unbelievable...but he has ALOT more help offensively and defensively than Lebron does
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:04 pm

Carmelo went off in that 3rd quarter. In 12 minutes, he scored more than most of the guys scored in the game.

Yeah, Lebron is better at getting others involved and passing to those guys; but he's a point guard...that's his job. Melo is a sf and he is there to score. The Nuggets knew what they were getting when they drafted him, they were getting a scorer and a rebounded. If they want anything else from him, then they will have to be patient ad wait for those skills of his to develop.

Comparing the 2 as of right now:
Lebron: 19.8 ppg, .8 blocks, 1.5 steals, 3.9 turnovers, 6 assists, 5.8 rebounds, and 40.3 minutes

Melo: 19 ppg, .8 blocks, 1.2 steals, 2.8 turnovers, 2.8 assists, 6.5 rebounds, and 35.8 minutes
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Return to NBA Discussion