Re: MELO VS KING

Postby @ on Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:50 am

Melo is winning ... :jam2:
@

Postby shaqpak34 on Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:52 pm

melo is better
shaqpak34

Postby LAKERCHICK on Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:22 pm

I've always liked Melo better than Braun even before they started playing in the NBA and now that Melo is proving he's better than Braun i like him even mo but i still like Braun too but Melo is better :jam2:
Devean George
LAKERCHICK

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:34 pm

i like bron more than melo but melo is definetly better at this stage cuz his team is winning and lebrons team isnt winning
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:38 pm

Carmelo right now, but LeBron WILL be better when you will compare their primes.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Jamaican Lakerfan

Postby Jamaican Lakerfan on Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:21 am

BDG that is what everyone says, but is it true?

Lebron already has the complete game, scoring, passing, ballhandling, and defence. His defence, scoring, and shot selection will improve with time, no doubt. But Carmello is already better than LeBron, and his shot selection, passing, and ballhandling are not yet at LeBron's current level.

When those aspects of Carmello's game reach their full potential, it is quite possible that he could be better than James.
Jamaican Lakerfan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:15 am

I don't know. The only thing that matters to me is that they both are leading their teams, and their teams are winning.

Who knows who will be better, only time will tell. All that matters to me, is that both players have sacrificed being selfish to leading their teams to winning records.

And we all know that Denver & Cleavland both needed guidance, and now they got it from the two amazing young guns.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby @ on Sun Dec 14, 2003 1:10 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:I don't know. The only thing that matters to me is that they both are leading their teams, and their teams are winning.

Who knows who will be better, only time will tell. All that matters to me, is that both players have sacrificed being selfish to leading their teams to winning records.

And we all know that Denver & Cleavland both needed guidance, and now they got it from the two amazing young guns.

"and their teams are winning" winning ??? cavs are not :nono5: winning, denver yes. :jam2:
@

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:12 am

i was watchin an interview wit james and john thompson...adn thompson asked james how its been like tryin to be tha leader or bein a vocal leader...james said he can only lead by example this season before he starts becomin a vocal leader...

u see this is where lebron is WRONG..he NEEDS to be a vocal leader on this YOUNG team...i dont care what anyone on that team says, this is LEBRON's team...and magic johnson even said, that THIS IS LEBRONS TEAM, and if he doesnt like someone on that team, GO TO MANAGEMENT and tell them to get rid of them!(I.E. RICKY DAVIS)

i think if cleveland gets rid of Ricky Davis...they will be a much better team...and lebron dropped 37 tha other night, but nobody helped him out..and they still lost...i dont see how cleveland are losing so many games...they'll pick it up, somehow i want lebron to do better than carmelo so everyone can stop all these talks about "oh carmelo had one year in college and that helps out" i hate when they say that kobe KG Jermaine O'neal all these high schoolers DEFY those rules...
FabFourLakers

Jamaican Lakerfan

Postby Jamaican Lakerfan on Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:35 pm

I have yet to see a high schooler would not have done better by playing in college; not one. KG, Kobe, Jermaine etc...I love them all...KG and Kobe are going to be HOF but...their games would have matured more quickly if they had gone to college. Plus, Kobe would have grown up a little more before coming to the NBA.

When commentators warn against leaving high school to go straight to the NBA, it is because many of the athletes don't make it, and need the seasoning college brings.

Personally speaking, the influx of kids bothers me because it has weakened the quality of play in the league. There are too many guys getting paid to learn how to play ball in the league, and not enough guys who have some idea of what to do.

After all, a guy like Darko might be good in 5 to 7 years but what's a fan to do while waiting on players like him to grow up?
Jamaican Lakerfan

Re: Jamaican Lakerfan

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:48 pm

Jamaican Lakerfan wrote:I have yet to see a high schooler would not have done better by playing in college; not one. KG, Kobe, Jermaine etc...I love them all...KG and Kobe are going to be HOF but...their games would have matured more quickly if they had gone to college. Plus, Kobe would have grown up a little more before coming to the NBA.

When commentators warn against leaving high school to go straight to the NBA, it is because many of the athletes don't make it, and need the seasoning college brings.

Personally speaking, the influx of kids bothers me because it has weakened the quality of play in the league. There are too many guys getting paid to learn how to play ball in the league, and not enough guys who have some idea of what to do.

yea u have some VERY interesting points....tha same could be said about college players too tho...guys that are gettin drafted after their first or second yrs in college...instead of their 3rd or 4th yrs in college..but this is how tha NBA is makin money these days...seriously Lebron and Carmelo may have saved tha NBA somehow...they are both #1 and #2 in jerseys sold...not a surprise...they'll prolly play in tha all star game this year...but yea guys like Darko will prolly be good but jus not now...and fans hafta wait on him for like maybe 3 or 4 yrs...why not have tha finished product out there when he first comes in?

After all, a guy like Darko might be good in 5 to 7 years but what's a fan to do while waiting on players like him to grow up?
FabFourLakers

Return to NBA Discussion